“Great store!”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great store!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I agree with other reviewers that "its just a store" Some of the ads I saw for this place really hyped it up as being an attraction. We just accidentally happened upon it when taking an afternoon drive to Silverton. We decided to stop and check it out. I ended up buying Christmas gifts for all the foodies on my list. They have just about everything you can think of made with their local honey and you can sample it all! We also bought 2 bottles of the whiskey (for ourselves). Not Disneyland but a GREAT store!

Visited October 2013

Charleston, South Carolina
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Just a small shop”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Luckily we were only just driving by when we saw the sign and didn't drive out of our way to visit. We were all excited to check it out but really put off by the lack of customer service from the staff! The three of us walked in the empty store and not even greeted by any of the 3 staff members! They were in the middle of a personal conversation between themselves but it continued for a good 5 minutes! After finally going up to the counter for a sample, I was told "you need to tell me what you want to try!" Gosh what a missed opportunity to sell your different flavors of honey. We did buy some raw honey, but as a business owner myself, good staff is gold and can really make or break a sale.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank whatagreatlife
Dallas, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Good place for Colorado Souvenirs”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Went to Honeyville, about 10 miles north on 550 outside of Durango today to kill some time. It took longer to get there than I was there but it was a good place to pick up some gifts to take home.

There might have been more to see but basically there was a display inside the store with bees (presumably) making honey. There was also a window where you could view workers filling honey containers - I didn't actually see it but I guess if you wait long enough you'll see it.

The nice ladies offered samples of their honey wine & other liquor (they checked everyone's ID - even those who you knew were someone's grandma or grandpa). I declined but went for small containers of honey that were "whipped" & chocolaty. There were fruitier versions as well. They had honey soap, hand lotion and other sundry Colorado local items on sale.

I was glad to make the visit if only for the lovely views along the way but now I can say "been there, done that."

Visited July 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“It's just a store”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Don't know why people think this is some kind of tourist attraction like Disneyland. It's a store.

Yes, you can buy all kinds of things made of beeswax, you can buy great honey (delicious!!!), they have honey wine, and they have a lot of other types of jams as well. Books, postcards, and more.

There is a little hive in the center of the room with a queen in it. Bees come and go through a little tube in the ceiling. You can watch them tending to the queen, making new cells, doing their dances, and so forth. It's all pretty amazing.

There is a window to watch the people make their products. It can be very slow. Very slow. Still, it's kinda nice.

Sometimes they are very, very busy and can't show you where the queen is or answer questions. Recommend you go on a weekday.

I bought whipped honey and am still taking my time enjoying it. Yum, yum, yum!

Visited June 2013
The Villages, Florida
471 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 290 helpful votes
“For Honey Lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

If you love honey, be careful about going here because you'll want to buy everything. Besides honey, they have jellies and jams, various honey flavored items, honey wine. Samples are available for most everything and the staff was very friendly and patient. Very important because we kept adding items to our pile after we told them we were through. Very low cost shipping as well made it easy to send stuff home.

Visited July 2013