“Not very professional”

Flexible Flyers Rafting
More attraction details
Owner description: Fun, friendly, family oriented whitewater rafting trips. Our guides have a minimum of five years of guiding experience and although you are on vacation "safety doesn't take a vacation". You meet us at our convenient location on river, the same location since 1982! We are the longest family owned and operated whitewater rafting company in Southwest Colorado. Trips depart throughout the day and are a perfect way to cool down after a hot hike in Mesa Verde or a thrilling splash after enjoying a walk through historic downtown Durango. You may have seen town from riding on the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad train now get a totally different perspective. Parking is free and secure and RV parking is available. When the snow is gone and the water level in the river drops we pull out specially designed river tubes, tubing is a local favorite.Come to have fun and dress to get wet!
Riverside, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Not very professional”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Well we just returned from our trip to Durango. I booked with Flexible Flyers for a half-day Lower Animas trip . I had booked early so I got a 15% discount. For 4 of us, it came to $152.60 ( they charge $3 to use a credit card ). The water level was low so the rapids weren't too exciting, but all the companies would have the same issues. Our guide Ali, was nice, good on the oar, and knew a lot about the area. That is where the good stuff ends. The company is not very professional. When given my PFD, it smelled like BO! EWWW !!! When we were finished and had taken the rafts out, we had to wait at least 20-30 minutes for the van to come pick us up. Then the van ran out of gas on our way back and we had to wait for someone to go get gas and bring it to us.

I booked our trip back in March and I had emailed over a week prior to our trip to confirm our reservation, and no one got back to me. So less than a week out, I called and the girl who answered the phone didn't seem to think that I had a reservation, so she added us to the trip :O There are several other companies that run the river and if I ever go back, I will definitely use someone else. Just to clarify, the rafting part was probably the same as the other companies, but the Flexible Flyers operation leaves a lot to be desired! I guess you get what you pay for!

2 Thank Califcruisingmama

Phoenix, Arizona
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Great fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Enjoyed the 3hr trip down the river in Durango.Good price 28.00 dollars.Operator Drew good captain.We didn't have to row just enjoy the ride.
I would recommend this company to all!

Syracuse, New York
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Good clean safe fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I never experienced rafting before and it was on the Bucket List. I can't swim so I was a bit apprehensive.
This is a well established outfit with a good track record. Only $28 and well worth the trip. Our guide Drew was well trained and knew how to navigate the rapids and big rocks. I never felt unsafe or threatened.
A lot of fun , you will get soaked but what a memory.
Give it a whirl!!!

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Had a good time. Quick to get us out on the river. Felt safe. Kids enjoyed the float and a little action through the white water activity center. Would definitely recommend. No nonsense.

Durango
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Rafting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We had "awesome Jake" as our guide! He was very knowledgable and made our trip fun! I would recommend rafting with Flexible Flyers! Thanks Jake!