“Eat here!”
Review of Ken & Sue's

Ken & Sue's
Reserve with OpenTable
Ken & Sue's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 204 Restaurants in Durango
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: between 6th & 7th on the East Side of Main
Description: Be Our Guest! Owners Ken & Sue Fusco welcome you to their casual, fine dining restaurant. Enjoy great food and great service, all in a comfortable atmostphere. Their Modern American Bistro menu has something for everyone. We promise you'll feel right at home at our place whether just enjoying a night out on the town or a special occasion.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was one of our favorite restaurants in Durango. Good atmosphere, food, drinks and service. We ate at the bar and the service was excellent. The food and drinks were very tasty!

1  Thank Jackie B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,875)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

One of the BEST restaurants in Durango. Friday night and it was crowded. Called Thursday night for reservations and was able to get a 5: 45 time out on the patio.. Inside was not until 7:45. We ate on the patio was was OK:. sun was behind the buildings so it was not overly hot. Our party of 4 chose different entrees. Thai shrimp in a coconut curry, pork loin, a potato Gnocchi and a stir fry shrimp all at $16.95. The Gnocchi and stir fry shrimp were excellent, the pork chops were listed as medallions but they were huge to our surprise and very flavorful. The Thai shrimp with the coconut curry and basmati rice was superb. Must order the molten chocolate cake which was light and delicious, worth the extra calories....... or as we did 3 extra forks. Definitely a great place to eat on Main Ave.... On my list for the next trip to Durango CO.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We dined at Ken and Sue's during our recent visit to Durango. The food was excellent as was the wine and the service. We have three teenage boys and they all loved the food, especially the appetizers. Compared to other fine dining on Durango, this was very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Kim T
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Sat at the bar and enjoyed wonderful service from Andy and a thoroughly enjoyable dinner. I had the SW Cobb salad which fed me twice. Kathryn had the burger which she declared as devine.

1  Thank kamanac
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Not having researched Durango restaurants ahead of time, we picked this one on the strength of 1) scanning the menu outside the door and 2) my mom asking people if they’d enjoyed their dinners. Happily, you’re better prepared! And I heartily recommend this place.

The dining room looked very nice (dark booths, lots of wood), but was a bit noisy (there’s a long bar inside), so we accepted the offer of the patio. It’s not that much quieter outside but did feel a little more peaceful, with tea lights on the tables under dark sunshades strung with lights. We actually would have preferred a little more light – I had to keep angling the menu to read it. Mom settled on the herb chicken and I had the gnocchi. I don’t remember her details, just that she enjoyed it very much. Mine was excellent – good texture to the gnocchi, not too hot poblano cream sauce with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes, all sort of layered over the chicken. Portions were huge, so we had dinner the next day (nicely packaged for us in a very attractive reusable bag). Oh, the bread was also really good – a tasty selection of small loaves and flatbreads. Also still good the next day.

After that, dessert was a bit of a letdown. Mom’s crème brulee was tasty, but served in a martini glass and with an unset yoghurt-like texture, it wasn’t really crème brulee. (I don’t see how it could have been baked.) The white chocolate cheesecake was ok, but the texture was a little off – too dry? Good flavor, though.

Service was excellent – our server was happy to answer menu questions and talk with my mom about Durango, while being efficient and unobtrusive after we ordered.

I’d happily eat here again (but I’d try a different dessert).

1  Thank JenAzz