“Food only average”

Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Located directly across the tracks from the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Rail Road (D&SNGRR) with views of Smelter Mountain, and Hog's Back ridge in the heart of downtown is Durango's newest Brew pub. We focus on the using the best possible ingredients for our beers and our food.
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I didn't try the beer, so can't comment on that aspect of the establishment. A friend and I sat at a corner table near a window that opens out onto the street. It was reasonably nice, but the street was along a bus route and we got a diesel fume hit that wasn't particularly pleasant. In addition, the couple in the table further into the building than us had two kids that thought the brick window sill was a playground device. I like kids, I have two, but all the running to and fro by the table wasn't so great... As for the food: we shared a small but expensive salad with arugula and goat cheese, just a few bites worth, and my grilled cauliflower was overcooked on the bottom. The entire bottom of the small cauliflower head was caramelized. I don't know exactly how one would cook it that way to prevent that, but that's the way it came. My friend had striped bass, which she liked, but she complained that it was a pretty puny piece of fish for 15 bucks: not very thick at all and not very large in any other dimension. I suppose if you're loaded, small expensive portions are ok, but not if you're on a budget. I did inquire about beers; a glass of beer was $5, which seems a bit pricey for one glass of beer. Basically, I have had much better food for the price, and the kids and buses ruined the ambiance.

1  Thank John S

Reviewed 23 September 2013

I live in Durango, and am definitely an aficionado of our local breweries. All of them are excellent. Brew has a super friendly and open atmosphere. Great design with a welcoming bar. The locally crafted beers are a passion for owner, Erik. He always greets us, remembers our names, and loves talking beer with us! There is love in these brews! Oh, and the food is ah-mazing...especially the Cubano.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Very unique beers and menu. The owner, Eric, really has a passion for the beer and food. Who makes their own catsup? They also bake the bread for the sandwich rolls. Been drinking beer for a longtime, but Eric really gave explanations for what beer is and how it's made. Tried several of the Durango breweries, but this was the best. Very open and airy and modern decor. Located right next to the Durango Silverton RR.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

My wife and I have been here twice. The waitress remembered us the second time, even when it had been over a month since we had been there. 1st time we were there, it was on my birthday and I got a free beer. Beer was good, but not much selection. 2nd time we were there, we ordered food. We ordered the pork belly and it tasted awesome with a caramel sauce and apples. We split an entree (beer glazed short rib). It tasted amazing, but the portion size was very small.

Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love going to the different breweries in town for drinks and a snack. We love Brew because their brews are great, their food is exceptional and very reasonable, and most importantly because we feel comfortable taking our daughter there. Every time we go we are very well taken care of by the wonderful people who work there!!!