“Better than your typical brewery food”
Review of BREW Pub & Kitchen

BREW Pub & Kitchen
Ranked #37 of 202 Restaurants in Durango
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Located directly across the tracks from the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Rail Road (D&SNGRR) with views of Smelter Mountain, and Hog's Back ridge in the heart of downtown is Durango's newest Brew pub. We focus on the using the best possible ingredients for our beers and our food.
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband wanted a beer, so we decided to try the Brew Pub & Kitchen. The menu seemed more interesting than the typical brewery. I had the short ribs and they were delicious. My husband enjoyed his Cuban sandwich. The food was fresh and the fries were hot - a must for me. I would eat here again.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I feel like this brewery has the best flavored beers in Durango. Their food items aren't too bad either. The location is very unique as it sits right next to the train tracks and so it's a unique experience to be enjoying your brew and watching the train come back into town. I've tried just about everything on the menu and my favorites are: Spring salad, buffalo wings, the Cubano sandwich and the pulled pork sandwich. They recently updated the children's menu and my children like the plate that has a "mix" (celery, carrots, hard boiled egg, bread and cheese cubes). My least favorite things are the roasted beet salad (too dry) and the the nachos (dry here too), I'm glad to see more people frequenting this establishment---I'll be going back just because it's my fave place for beer in this town.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We came here with friends when we couldn't get into our first choice but remembered the good TA reviews. The dining area is comfortable with contemporary furnishings. I think that we were the only tourists as everyone seemed to be familiar with one another. There were around 8 beers on tap and we had several samples and all were good. We settled on the IPA made with local ingredients. It was very smooth with just the right hoppiness. The menu is relatively small but the sandwiches are rather unique. Prices are reasonable. Our friends had the Brewben (Rueben) and said it was excellent. I had the pulled pork with a very spicy cole slaw piled on top. It was so thick, I could barely get my mouth around the soft, fresh bun. My husband tried the special which was called barbecue chicken but the meat was shredded and it resembled the pulled pork. The accompanying fries were crispy and hot and the side salad was standard fare. One has a choice of several sides. There are also appetizers and salads. Our server, Libby, was absolutely the best! She was so patient and answered our many questions with good humor. When in Durango, we will certainly return .

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This place was really cool, even if it is off of Main street and overshadowed by a stupid McDonalds. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the beer (hefeweizen was excellent), the food, and the service. We came at lunch so for a bit we were the only two people there. The bartender was friendly and chatted with us, and made sure we tried several different things (beer- and food-wise). We both enjoyed our lunch (I had a salad, he had a Cubano and sweet potato tots, yum), and then we saw a pizza go by to another table and kind of wished we had ordered that, or maybe the heaping pulled pork sandwich that the lady next to us was eating.

We will definitely come back the next time we're in Durango.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Clearly you go to a brew pub for the beer. Beer was very good here, four stars for that. The problem is the food. Stopped in for lunch. Ordered burger and fries. Fries were pretty good, but burger, two stars at best. It was a bison burger, but was the flat, pre-formed Costco type burger patty. Had exactly as much flavor as you would expect from a pre-formed, machine made patty, none. Tried to jazz it up with hot sauce, salt, and pepper, no dice.

Go for a beer, skip the food unless it improves. Four stars for the beer, two for food, averages out to a courtesy 3 stars.

1  Thank rzrnaz

Been to BREW Pub & Kitchen? Share your experiences!