BREW Pub & Kitchen
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Located directly across the tracks from the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Rail Road (D&SNGRR) with views of Smelter Mountain, and Hog's Back ridge in the heart of downtown is Durango's newest Brew pub. We focus on the using the best possible ingredients for our beers and our food.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I visited this pub 4 or 5 times during my visit and the beer is excellent, best of all the brew pubs and I visited them all. You can see the owner is trying to make it a brew pub and bistro type food with very innovative dishes and couple of classics. I ate at the pub 3 times, twice for dinner and once for lunch. The first time I had a roasted beet salad and pork belly sliders, they were excellent and couldn't wait to go back. The 2nd time I had the roasted cauliflower which is considered to be an entrée and roasted beet salad. The cauliflower was burnt on the outside and raw in the middle...just terrible and the roasted beet salad had to much dressing and something was off this time. The 3rd time was St. Paddy's day and they had an Irish Beef stew....it was just ok. Did I mention they have good beer? On one of my last visits to the restaurant I struck up a conversation with the patron besides me, it turns out that he will be the new chef, I hope he can improve the quality and consistency of the food. I do plan to visit again next year on my return trip.

2  Thank GoldCoastFlyer

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband wanted a beer, so we decided to try the Brew Pub & Kitchen. The menu seemed more interesting than the typical brewery. I had the short ribs and they were delicious. My husband enjoyed his Cuban sandwich. The food was fresh and the fries were hot - a must for me. I would eat here again.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I feel like this brewery has the best flavored beers in Durango. Their food items aren't too bad either. The location is very unique as it sits right next to the train tracks and so it's a unique experience to be enjoying your brew and watching the train come back into town. I've tried just about everything on the menu and my favorites are: Spring salad, buffalo wings, the Cubano sandwich and the pulled pork sandwich. They recently updated the children's menu and my children like the plate that has a "mix" (celery, carrots, hard boiled egg, bread and cheese cubes). My least favorite things are the roasted beet salad (too dry) and the the nachos (dry here too), I'm glad to see more people frequenting this establishment---I'll be going back just because it's my fave place for beer in this town.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We came here with friends when we couldn't get into our first choice but remembered the good TA reviews. The dining area is comfortable with contemporary furnishings. I think that we were the only tourists as everyone seemed to be familiar with one another. There were around 8 beers on tap and we had several samples and all were good. We settled on the IPA made with local ingredients. It was very smooth with just the right hoppiness. The menu is relatively small but the sandwiches are rather unique. Prices are reasonable. Our friends had the Brewben (Rueben) and said it was excellent. I had the pulled pork with a very spicy cole slaw piled on top. It was so thick, I could barely get my mouth around the soft, fresh bun. My husband tried the special which was called barbecue chicken but the meat was shredded and it resembled the pulled pork. The accompanying fries were crispy and hot and the side salad was standard fare. One has a choice of several sides. There are also appetizers and salads. Our server, Libby, was absolutely the best! She was so patient and answered our many questions with good humor. When in Durango, we will certainly return .

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This place was really cool, even if it is off of Main street and overshadowed by a stupid McDonalds. I enjoyed the atmosphere, the beer (hefeweizen was excellent), the food, and the service. We came at lunch so for a bit we were the only two people there. The bartender was friendly and chatted with us, and made sure we tried several different things (beer- and food-wise). We both enjoyed our lunch (I had a salad, he had a Cubano and sweet potato tots, yum), and then we saw a pizza go by to another table and kind of wished we had ordered that, or maybe the heaping pulled pork sandwich that the lady next to us was eating.

We will definitely come back the next time we're in Durango.