“Good food, but nothing spectacular”

Durango Brewing Company
Ranked #72 of 203 Restaurants in Durango
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I have visited several local-town breweries lately, and we had high hopes for this as it was right down the street from our hotel. However, we weren't that impressed.

The atmostphere was very much like a regular bar. Since there was no hostess/greeter/signage about where to seat, we wandered over to one of the only empty tables, which had rickety plastic lawn chairs as the seating option. Both the food and beer were average; good and satisfying, but nothing to write home about.

We found out later that there are several other breweries in town, and those seemed to offer more unique experiences. If you're looking for a special or more defined brewery, it might be looking into those.
However, if you are looking for just a place to eat, drink, and chill out, the Durango Brewing Company is still a good choice.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

It would seem that perhaps there is a new chef??? I have been eating here for a long time but recently the food has taken a big turn for the worse...the last several time i have eaten here the food has not been great ...soggy sandwiches, tasteless mushy pulled pork. Small chicken wings. Good candidate for a restaurant impossible episode.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Good beer, with a good selection of their microbrews (7 or 8). Obvious why they have won awards. Food was "brewpub food" (burgers, sandwiches, etc) but a decent selection, including soup and salads. Lots of appetizers to accompany your beer if you don't want a meal. Food was good, home fries exceptional. Service was fast and friendly. It's a pretty casual place - not really a typical restaurant - more like a "hole-in-the-wall." They call it their "tap room." We ate here because we were staying at the hotel next door, otherwise we'd likely not have given it a chance. I'm glad we ate there.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Nothing special about this place, honestly. My beer, which I've had before elsewhere and enjoyed well enough, tasted like the tap lines needed washed out. We didn't order food or look at a menu, but every meal we saw come out of the kitchen was fried something in a basket. We did, however, overhear an employee tell another customer that everything was hand made, like the guacamole he was eating. My boyfriend liked his beer OK and the bartender was very friendly and chatted with us a bit. As we were leaving, we noticed some old people setting up instruments...not sure what they play, but I certainly can't imagine I would enjoy listening to an old folks' jam session (I think we dodged a bullet there). Is it sad that the highlight of our time there was the 3-year old kid loudly begging his dad, "Daddy, I wanna go POOP!!" several times?

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Went here to do some tasting of beers. Looked like the locals came here to eat. The staff were friendly and the food looked good. Beer was definitely worth the stop.

Been to Durango Brewing Company? Share your experiences!