“Challenge yourself mentally and physically... Or just have fun!”
Review of Surf the San Juans LLC - CLOSED

Surf the San Juans LLC
More attraction details
Owner description: Surf the San Juans specializes in whitewater kayak and stand up paddleboard instruction and stand up paddleboard rentals with delivery.
“Challenge yourself mentally and physically... Or just have fun!”
Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

Very high-quality instruction (and equipment rental) for both standup paddleboarding and white water kayaking. The owners are also instructors; my first lesson I worked with Drew and he was focused, intelligent, highly skilled and also mindful of my situation as a first-time paddleboarder. He was a great teacher and their equipment is new, clean, and high quality; no grungy stuff like some other places stick you with. Next time I just rented a board, and they actually deliver and pick up the gear-no hauling stuff, no shuttling!! I really enjoyed my first couple experiences with this outfit and look forward to getting back on the river. Paddleboarding is fun and can be relaxing but I found it can also be a mental and physical challenge, if I want to push myself. It is a great way to enjoy the Animas that feels more organic and interesting than just floating downriver in an innertube or raft. Thanks Drew and Anna for a great time!

Visited May 2013