“Private, Spacious and Perfect!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Durango
Ranked #4 of 34 Hotels in Durango
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Wow, great place ! This was my first stay at a Homewood Suites and I am hooked. I drove to Durango from Denver for business and booked my hotel here. It was easy to find even at night when I arrived and because I had already reserved online the check-in took maybe 2 minutes tops. No problem.

The hotel grounds are quite nice and it feels like a small resort. I didn't make it in time for the dinner which they apparently also serve guests included in their room fare, but the hot breakfast was great. Standard, but no complaints there at all.

The best part of course was the room which felt very new (or recently renovated); like the rest of the hotel, with all the space I could want and the comforts of home. It was nicer than most one-bedroom apartments I have been in, and about as spacious. Everything clean and a fully equipped kitchen complete with a full-size fridge and stovetop so I can have it my way. That's what I'm talking about.

I didn't try the pool but the fitness gym was quite nice and above average. My only gripe is that the bathtub in the room was nothing special (though not really bad either). Too bad I didn't stay longer but rest assured I will be on the lookout for more homewood suites for my business travel; thanks Homewood Suites Durango for setting the bar high.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Having previously lived in Durango, I can say that this is the best, first-class service hotel in Durango. Kurt and the rest are wonderful!!! They went out of their way to make our Stay pleasant, and even help this load up our vehicle at the end!!!! Superior!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Excellent motel - clean, comfortable, and great meals. We were just passing through, but would stay here for a much longer time if the opportunity arises. The pool and hot tub were very nice too. The staff was friendly and helpful and I'm hoping to get the details on the kitchen flooring so we can put that in our new house too.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is a beautiful new property. Everything looks like it was just finished and the staff seems to be keeping it that way. However, they allow pets on the first two floors - the rooms have carpet - so it won't long until the pet smell is in the carpet and bedding. Two morning we woke up to barking dogs. It is a little far from the downtown strip and there aren't any great restaurants close. There is a walking trail close that will take you downtown. The breakfast was very nice with real plates.

Room Tip: Pets aren't allowed on the third floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UofA1
Reviewed 17 February 2014

great stay, very friendly staff. and wonderful amenities. The staff went out of their way to make our stay a very pleasant experience. The meals they prepared were very tasty and filling. The staff shuttled us to and from the airport and even downtown.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is a Great place to stay while visiting Durango Colorado. Tucked into the hills and buttes south east of town, yet still not far from the Shopping and dining of Main Street and the vintage train station. Big suites, with full kitchen, dining area, fresh cooked breakfast, and a marvelous hot dinner with beer and wine highlight the friendly atmosphere of this wonderful Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Our family was disappointed because the customer service people on the phone and the first night when we arrived were not up to Hilton standards. We reserved 2 rooms and asked for them to be located near each other. They were on separate floors and the evening clerk didn't even try to relocate our family. In my daughter's room they ran out of toilet paper and had to call the front desk. There was no extra roll in the room and noramlly rooms have at least 1 extra roll. My room only had 3 bath towels and there were 4 people in the room. The hotel location was hard to find and get to from the highway if you are driving north on 550. The breakfast was average with no fresh oatmeal only instant.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Kurt B, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Homewood Suites Durango. We value all of our guests, but especially the ones that take the time out of their busy schedules to tell us how we are doing. Guest satisfaction is a priority to me and when we fall short of that I want to know about it.

As noted by your responses, we have obviously failed to meet your expectations while you were here and for that I sincerely apologize.

I apologize also for the miscomunication, when you were told there were no rooms available, we meant of the room type you had reserved. At the time of your stay all of the Double Queen Suites and Studios were occupied. Coupled with the second reservation for a different room type that is in a different area of the hotel we were not able to accomodate your requests.

As a recently opened hotel we obviously still need training in certain areas. Please be assured that we will take your comments seriously and use them in our future training. You as the guest are the best measurement of how we are doing and we want to make sure we are providing all of our guests with first class service, products and presentation. I hope that if you return to the area you will contact me. I would welcome the opportunity to make this right and show you what level of service we are capable of.