“Looking for a great steak? This is it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ore House

Ore House
Reserve with OpenTable
Ore House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 192 Restaurants in Durango
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Avenue
Transit: Trolley stop located right across the street.
Description: Established in 1972, the Ore House is one of Durango's oldest and finest restaurants. Featuring hand cut USDA certified Black Angus prime and choice steaks, steaks from ranches surrounding southwest Colorado, sustainable seafood, all natural poultry, seasonal local produce, and homemade desserts.
“Looking for a great steak? This is it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

In town for a business trip and I was craving a steak. I was so happy to come here! The staff and the food are both excellent! I recommend any of the steaks "ore house style". The place takes you back to the old west and really delivers a first class dining experience. Highly recommend it.

“Fun new atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've eaten her many time before and I've always loved their food. They're staff is amazing as well, one I remember the most was Brittney. She was a great help and never forget an order. The atmosphere has a changed a but from the last time I've eaten there and I really like the change. The food has always been great and I have to say, their Colorado Coso is a must have! Best place for a steak!

• Visited February 2014
California
“Personal and comfortable, with amazing cuisine and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Our food was simply perfect. Steak and chili mac/sparkling wine/ shrimp and crab cocktail. Kristen was a sweet and informative server, all of our needs were met and we would ask for her specifically. We are all smiles. My take on the place…. Happy employees+Amazing food+cozy atmosphere= Perfect Evening

• Visited April 2014
“Would do it again in a heartbeat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Just to let you know everything is a la carte. Service at the Ore House was great. Because we live close by I knew that the Ore House does a lot of reservations. We had a waitress and a waitress trainee, our drinks stayed full and dinner came on time. Service was spot on. Now in terms of sides, drinks, and steak we did it all. Each one of us ordered a different steak and side, they were large enough to share with the whole table. The steaks were cook to our specifications. The ribeye was excellent and a nice size, everyone received a bite and there was still enough to take home. The other three meals where specials. One a Surf n Turf type with steak and scallops which was prepared wonderfully with a sauce for the scallops that was not overpowering. The other two specials where different takes on the flat iron steak. Again they were both cooked to perfection and of adequate size to provide everyone with a taste and a little leftovers. The sides we ordered where mashed potatoes, creamed sweet corn, mac and cheese and salad. They where all huge servings. Each side tasted wonderfully and melted in your mouth (except the salad which was crisp and fresh). I loved the creamed sweet corn so much I asked for the recipe and they gave it to me. I will definitely be doing the Ore House again and again. The price can be steep I think we rounded out a little over $300 for 4 people. Not our most expensive meal but not our cheapest. Considering we each ordered top shelf whiskey, steaks, and sides we where not surprised by the cost nor shocked by it.

• Visited February 2014
San Luis Obispo County, California
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Wouldn't go back, I think they actually believe that their food is the best quality, why else would they charge that much! The waitress tried to sell us some bs story about house the salmon is caught with only 1 hook.... In the eye socket..... And then frozen to keep from bruising! Really??? And I ordered the surf surf and turf the filet was a 3 oz (more like 1) I didn't know there were filets that tiny!!! 3 of ordered the same thing and we all looked at each other with slight confusion! Won't go back there

• Visited March 2014