“Nice place to start a Durango Beer Feast!”

Steamworks Brewing Co
Ranked #8 of 196 Restaurants in Durango
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Steamworks Brewing Co. Opened its doors in Durango in September 1996. A favorite watering hole for locals and visitors alike, the brewpub has much more to offer than award-winning craft beer. Known as a town meeting place, Steamworks enjoys a bustling, fun environment. Steamworks' culinary program is unmatched in the region in both breadth and quality of offerings. The "gastropub" fare includes regionally-raised meats and sustainable seafood. Healthy salads, delicious pizzas, spicy Southwestern-style dishes, and vegetarian & gluten-free offerings provide something for everyone who's hungry. The Steam Engine Lager is "arguably the best American - Style Amber Lager in the world" as it has garnered four Gold Medals, a Silver and a Bronze Medal at the Great American Beer Festival (GABF) over the years and also has taken a Silver Medal at the World Beer Cup (WBC). Steamworks has won a total of twelve GABF medals, and two WBC medals. The brewpub maintains up to 18 styles of beer on tap.
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Nice place to start a Durango Beer Feast!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Wow, This place is so busy which is a good sign. There were no tables available so I went straight to the Bar and was treat very well by the Bartender. The food portions were generous and I made a meal out of my Chicken Nachos. I order the Kolsch and was really enjoying how easy it was drinking and then the Spicy Nachos arrived and I moved up to the IPA and found a perfect partner for my Nachos. I bought a six pack of the Kolsch and love the colorful can with the Colorado State Flag on it.

Visited July 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Flashes of Brilliance”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Cool place with a laid back vibe. The food was good, pizza ran low on sauce & cheese, but the Mac n cheese was fantastic- the smokiness of the chilis really make it pop.
The beers were great- particularly those aged in barrels.

Definitely worth a try.

Grand Prairie, Texas
“Good food, Fun atmosphere!”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We visited Steamworks while visiting Durango on our family vacation this summer. My husband and I enjoyed a beer sampler, and tried several of the local brews. Our server was very knowledgeable about the beer, and made some good recommendations.

The kids menu here is really good. They had a shrimp boil that my 8 year old loved. It was a good size meal and the price was reasonable for shrimp and the amount of food she got.

My husband and I split the Cajun boil. It was seasoned well, steaming hot, and yummy!

My 5 year old loved the peanuts and that he could draw on the floor with the chalk the provided the kids.

It was a busy Monday evening when we went, but the service was good, the food was delicious, and we were pleased with the overall value.

• Visited July 2014
Colorado
“Superior Pub Grub and Beer”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Make this a stop on your next trip. Always a good experience. Pizza and salads are my usual fare, but everything is good. And the Third Eye Pale Ale has to be the best pale ale in the state (be careful! After 2 pints you'll know why). Pro tip, ask for the under the counter green chile sauce.

• Visited August 2014
Dallas
“Great food, great beer, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We ate on the patio after a 2 hour float the Lower Animas River and really enjoyed our experience. The food is amazing and our waitress was very attentive and polite. It's a very family friendly place, I highly recommended! We will be back!

• Visited July 2014