“Overpriced” 3 of 5 bubbles

Himalayan Kitchen
Ranked #15 of 190 Restaurants in Durango
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian, Tibetan, Nepalese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
WA
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

It was our first time to try this ethic food. I had chicken vindaloo and garlic naan. The chicken vindaloo was delicious and the garlic naan was okay. My husband got daal soup and Annapurna beef, the soup was good, but the beef dish was just okay. The portion of the beef was small and greasy. We both liked the complimentary appetizer, it tasted really light and crispy, and the sauce was very tasty. The service was quick and our server was polite.

• Visited October 2013

Oxford, Pennsylvania, Usa
“So authentic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had a fantastic meal here. My family loves all forms of ethnic cuisine and where we live, there are NO Himalayan restaurants. I had a Yak Curry and it was fantastic. All the food was good and the service was wonderful. A truly memorable meal.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank surreyhillwhippets
“Lunch buffet review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Although I've come often for the lunch buffet, I've never been here for dinner, so I can't comment on that experience. I always enjoy the lunch buffet's tasty food and feel it's a very good value for the money. The restaurant is clean and pleasant, with an unhurried atmosphere for lunching with friends or family.

• Visited September 2013
Durango, Colorado
“Only come for the food. Especially if you don't mind waiting.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

I had high hopes for this restaurant, but was disappointed. They don't have an efficient system of seating, and we were sat way too close to other people, about a foot and a half away. It took 10 minutes to get waters that had no ice, another 5 to get our food order in, and we did not see our food until 50 minutes after we had initially sat down. 50. Very poor service, no smiles from any employee except one, and we had to track someone down to get a drink refilled. the food, when it finally arrived, was fantastic. I guess we learned our lesson.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Best in Months”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

Four of us from Santa Fe, NM (known for its great restaurants) ate at the Himalayan Kitchen and loved the food. Two had the chicken korma, one had the lamb korma, and I had the first Chef's special with shrimp. All four dishes were excellent. It was quite a treat because we were looking for something different and spicy and this restaurant fit the bill. My only complaint was the lighting which could have been turned down which would have added to the atmosphere and dining experience immensely.

• Visited September 2013