“Good food”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Meet Me At Gazpacho! When it comes to Durango restaurants we come out on top at Gazpacho! Our overall rating, terrific New Mexican atmosphere, friendly service and award winning food make Gazpacho a dining experience you do not want to miss! We welcome everyone from all walks of life and try to reflect this in the cuisine we serve. From traditional meat entrees to eclectic vegetarian options, Gazpacho's keeps our pricing fair and our portions large. No other establishment keeps this mantra like Gazpacho New Mexican Cooking y Cantina!
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We enjoyed a huge fajita for two and took home half of it plus many other accompaniments. The menu is extensive and the environment accommodating.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is our favorite Mexican restaurant in Durango. It reminds us restaurants in Santa Fe and Taos because they serve sopapillas and your choice of green or red chili and they also have blue tortillas. Great Margaritas like we used to have in Texas. However, a while back they stopped serving free chips and salsa which we felt was not appropriate for a great Mexican restaurant. Not sure the reason. If they felt some patrons did not eat it and too much was wasted, then they should ask first if a table wants chips and salsa. Maybe we have been spoiled by most other restaurants we go to in Texas/New Mexico, but it would be nice if they would bring that back or at least lower the price they charge for it.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just had a light lunch at Gazpacho - I did not want to eat that much (and their portions are large!!) - so I ordered the "kids taco plate". That was just great, a very good shredded beef taco with rice and beans - p.s. it went just great with my "adult margarita"!!!
From previous visits - I recommend their nacho plate/appetizer* - You get a very large portion (a meal for two) - I do suggest you share!! *A plate full of fresh fried corn chips, refried beans and melted, white cheddar cheese, topped with green onion, tomato, guacamole, sour cream and your choice of red or green chile and add meat for a full meal.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Most people want to go to Francisco's but I prefer Gazpacho because they use Hatch green chili, making their food quite tasty. The portions are adequate however they quit giving out chips and salsa unless you ask for them. I always order the Green chicken enchiladas which you can have with either blue/yellow corn tortillas. The servers are always nice but not always so attentive to your needs. The place is like a small cozy cantina which reminds me of home in S. NM.

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

I come here for the sopapillas alone. Fresh honey, they are divine. Along with enchiladas and a raspberry Margarita. Been coming for 10 years and I keep coming back.