“Great Green Chile Cheeseburger”

Gazpacho New Mexican Cooking Y Cantina
Ranked #29 of 199 Restaurants in Durango
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Voted Durango's 2010 & 2011 Best Mexican Restaurant
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Came for lunch with our family. Service wasn't great even though our table was near the bar. Highly recommend the green chile cheeseburger.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Excellent service, great food.Only drawback is that you have to pay extra for chips and salsa before your meal.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hot green chili, three kinds of gazpacho and wonderful service. For a fun afternoon or a well deserved dinnner!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Nobody in our group wanted to spoil the evening by sending food back to the kitchen- but had it not been the final night of our amazing trip to Durango five of the six of us would have. It was bad. I live in Texas and I get spicy. I love spicy food. However, no amount of heat can cover poor cooking. - I did not order sauce and I did not order chili- so why did I get a bowl full of triple x chili instead of soup? When the topic eventually turned to food, the reviews ranged from 'disappointing' to 'awful.' Even my husband who gives all Mexican food a generous rating described his food as 'pretty terrible.' I encourage the owner to taste what is leaving his or her kitchen. The food should have flavor - not just heat. We ate at four restaurants in Durango and Gazpacho was a distant 4th. I have to admit - the service tried.

1  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Had the house frozen margarita, guacamole, taco, stacked enchiladas. All great, service was good. Prices were reasonable.