“Lovely condo for family holiday”

Ferringway Hotel Condominiums
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely condo for family holiday”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Very well equipped condo, perfect for families needing extra space for an overnight or extended stay in this wonderful area. Swimming pool onsite (no fitness room). The condo's are privately owned so our one may have been better (or worse) than average. Would definitely stay again based on the unit we rented.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 January 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights at the end of December.
When we first arrived to check in the office was closed, and since it was only 3pm and not the check in time of 4pm we thought we couldn't check in until later, so we returned to town for a look around. Upon returning at 4.30pm the office was still closed, no note on the door, but a sign telling people arriving late in the evening where to collect their keys from, so we went to the managers condo to find an envelope with our name on it at their door, never saw anyone, would have been nice if they had left a note at the office sayng the office wasnt open that day.

We quickly found our condo, first impression was that it was older than we were expecting, especially bathrooms. Lovely large lounge, we brought firewood in and soon had the place nice and cosy. Both bedrooms were of a good size, two bathrooms, and full washer and dryer.

The kitchen wasn't very well stocked. None of the plates or glasses matched, they were a very odd assortment. No oven trays to cook the pizzas on. And no oven mits to take hot dishes from the oven.

We enjoyed our 4 nights, is good to be able to cook for a family rather than restaurants all the time.
It was only a 5 minute drive into town, so handy location.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2012 via mobile

Our first thoughts were strange smell, and the carpet needs stretched. The air was dusty, and it smelled like we were staying in somebody's house while they were away. The bed was a little hard, and it took us a while to figure out that we had to turn on the radiant heaters near the floor in each room. But them we threw a frozen pizza in the oven, started a fire in the fireplace, and made some tea. It started smelling less weird, the allergies abated a bit, and the place grew on us.

I would try another condo vacation rental next time. This was OK, but we hope to find better next time.

• Stayed November 2012
London
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed here with my husband and adult son for 2 nights in October. Excellent condo; comfortable and well-furnished. My son enjoyed his loft bedroom. Less than 10 minutes drive into Durango (railroad depot and main street). Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ljj18519
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 October 2012

A great place to stay in Durango if you are going to be there for a while and don't want to eat at restaurants all the time. Clean, well-stocked, and convenient to downtown. No, it's not perfect or luxurious, but the price is fair.

Room Tip: Unit 2 has older decor and no mountain view, but it is sunny and airy. Bed is extremely firm.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WaterLily113
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 25 September 2012

I made a reservation planning to stay on business for five nights, but unfortunately, because of changed circumstances, I needed to cancel a portion of the reservation. I noted the cancellation policy and Bill S.'s review at the time I made my reservation, but at that time, I did not believe that I would need to change my reservations.

When I contacted the property regarding changing the reservation, they were entirely inflexible. The property manager kept saying "It says no refunds on the website when you book," and "No refunds is clearly posted in the condo unit when you arrived." While I understand the reasons for a penalty for cancellation of reservations, I do not believe that it is reasonable to charge the full room rental rate for nights that you do not stay. I would have been fine paying some penalty, even half or slightly more, of the actual room rental rate. However, charging a guest the full amount for a room that they are not going to use - a room that the hotel could re-rent is absolutely unbelievable. As Bill S. stated - they charge you the full room rental ($150 PER NIGHT in my case), and they can then go out and rent the condo again.

Even a minor concession of $50 or $75 would have made me a much happier customer. As I said, I understand the reasons for charging a penalty for changing or cancelling your reservations - and I am fine with a partial charge. I just believe that it is awful customer service to charge the full room rental when the property can re-rent the room in your absence.

I will be certain to discourage my friends, family, and colleagues to avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I had a reservation that I had to cancel one week befor the reservation date because of a family situation. To my dismay, the resort policy requires cancellation 14 days prior, or NO REFUND. In my case, $187 and they can rent the room again??? This place is a rip off!

Do not make a reservation unless you are ABSOLUTELY SURE you will be staying there. If this policy exists, there are more than likely other hidden stuff to watch out for too!

BEWARE Mr. or Ms. Traveler!

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family