“Absolutely the worst service ever!!!!”
Review of Budget Inn

Budget Inn
Ranked #34 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We book the day before, we come in late next day and no one is around to open door, answer phone or anything…except a sign No Vacancy! After wasting an hour or so in the middle of the night, we go to a different hotel and pay double….Next morning, I call…and they do not care at all about anything……so we will do whatever is necessary to get our money back. We travel a lot, and did not except who knows what from this place, just the minimum…and we ended up on the street almost - had to sleep in a different hotel and still charged….; stay away from this place………..!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank David T

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Flat pillows, no amenities at all, had to pay for ice. Had to put up a deposit for what we never did figure out. Towels were very thin. Did not even have coffee in the office. For the price, I feel like we got ripped off. Room was not very dark at night and was very noisy, But the room was clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen T
Reviewed 17 July 2014

$156.00 for 2 nights; we might as well have thrown the money in the river. Run down, dirty, stained box on bed but I was afraid to look at the mattress. I never took my shoes off except to go to bed the oldy/moldy carpet was so nasty and frayed. The bathroom floor was a little sticky. The smell was heavy with strong, sweet smell...had to air it out everytime we went in.
We figured the sheets were washed so we did sleep there but even took showers when we went to the hot springs instead of in the room. Air conditioner dirty and loud. Walls stained, marred.
I can't understand how they pass any kind of health inspection.
The BEST thing about the hotel is that there's a very nice coffee shop across the street.

Room Tip: Don't choose this one.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Patsy T
Reviewed 12 May 2014

When we walked into the motel room we started laughing and couldnt stop. I claimed the bed that the head of the bed wasnt 4 inches lower than the foot. The curtains were full of moth holes. The carpet was very old and frayed to the point you could see the under floor an inch around the edges. The sheets were very stained. Pillows were very flat. One small bar of soap in lavatory and one in bath tub. Nothing else. Refrigerator small with huge dent in front and no shelves inside. Towels and wash cloths so thin you could see through them. Toilets barely flush. If you are just going to sleep and go it will do. Not good. We had it booked for 2 nights but left after the first night with no refund but it was worth leaving and losing the money.

Room Tip: Dont bother...pay a little extra and get a better motel. We left after one night and had it booked f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank John M
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Did not sleep at all at this place, heater/AC did not work right and it smelt like smoke every time I turned it on. People blasting music and a lot of people on drugs stay here it is like an apartment complex then a hotel. GO TO TRAVEL LODGE OR KIGHTS INN WAY BETTER

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Quin Q
Reviewed 13 April 2014

worst experience. upon entering room after check in, we discovered bed was wet with urine. it was a large area on sheets and mattress that was wet and then covered with the bedspread. we reported to the front desk and they
accused us of doing it. We had to demand another room. They did give us another room.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank jleama
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My crew of movers stayed in this hotel. Staff was rude, and frankly, possibly on drugs. The stain on one of the mattresses looked like someone may have given birth on it.
My assistant booked this "hotel" for my workers. I dearly wished I would have seen this site that would have saved my men the trouble. 2 of my crew slept in the moving truck. The office is closed after 10:30 so no one is available in case of emergency. The "manager" said their hours are posted and that they have many live-in tenants. Well- guess what?! You are not advertising as an apartment complex! A hotel should have clean mattresses, coffee in the morning and someone to answer a phone for their customers. I don't care if it was only $50/night. $50/ a night should pay for common decency and cleanliness.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business