“Standard”

Ranked #31 of 33 Hotels in Durango
Brooklyn, New York
“Standard”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Perfect cheap motel for a one night stand. Standard rooms.
No breakfast included, but we recommend you to stop at Jean-Pierre cafe and buy apricot croissants (they are delicious!)
Don't expect to jump in the pool, the pool is located along the main road.
You might ask for a quiet room in the back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Nice motel for the price. First night our a/c did'nt work. The next day they moved us to a much bigger and better room for the same rate. They had a big area for m/c parking protected from cars, which was nice. Housekeeping service was average. Kind of disappointing to have to pay for ice, but we survived. Convienent location to the FREE trolley system that runs all through town.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
West Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2013

This is a lot like Motel 6 used to be. Motel 6 used to charge 25-cents for television, but instead, Days End charges 25-cents for a bucket of ice.

We changed our plans not long after we arrived in Durango, and went to Days End around 4 PM. Our other accommodations were on the third floor and it looked a little dangerous to be dragging luggage up to the top. Fortunately, the Days End manager put us in a handicapped room. I'll call it handicapped, not wheelchair accessible. It had a real tub w/ grab bars, instead of the shower that's usually in the wheelchair accessible rooms. Even better, it was on the first floor, near the exit. No shampoo (pretty much like Motel 6 used to be), only a bar of soap and very thin towels. We also had a nice big round table near the window. Great for eating the tuna kits after our 19-block walk after our train ride.

We'd planned to stay in a bed and breakfast, so we had no breakfast fixings, and Days End only served lobby coffee after 7:30 am. No fancy coffee condiments, just good coffee. Fortunately, there was a Subway in the next block!

Comfortable beds. The only downside were the lamps w/ 40 watt light bulbs. Three lamps each with a 40 watt bulb aren't enough to light up a room. I mentioned this to the manager upon check out, and he said that decision was up to the owner. My husband could read from his Kindle Paperwhite, but I couldn't see my Kindle Touch at all. Our emergency flashlight got more use than normal.

If you're planning on the Durango transit, there are stops w/in a block of Day's End. But be sure they will be providing full service. No one told us ahead of time they planned to block off all the stops in the downtown area for the 4th of July. The transit office was closed, and route one had paper taped over it's schedule. We had walked 19 blocks before a shuttle drove up.

Room Tip: People over 40 may have trouble w/ the 40 watt light bulbs.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Martha B
Ventura, California
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My biggest pet peeve of all is being woke up by he maid at 8 a.m. while on vacation. If I wanted to be woke up at 8...I would place a wake up call. The air conditioning was asthmatic, and wheezed all night long. The room was just average, and the pool was nice, if you don't mind being along the side of a highway-like street. The only reason I didn't give it a poor rating was because the management was very nice and welcoming...too bad they can't train the maids not to wake up sleepy people and walk in uninvited....

Room Tip: The entire property is non-smoking, so if you smoke, you have to smoke in your car...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tGypsyMomma
Albuquerque
Reviewed 4 July 2013

On my way to Silt, Co stopped in Durango for the evening on the 3rd I had not made reservations and was afraid of no vacancy for the 4th holiday, but was amazed to find a several hotels with vacancy. I found a sign that read " Best Value in Town" at the Adobe Inn and was tempted to pay the $89.00, for a senior rate, but decided to look at another hotel, so glad that I drove up the street to the DAYS END, they are $59.00, have Hot Tub and Pool and free wifi - what a deal! The room is large, has 2 Queen beds large bathroom , closet and armoire. The hotel looks like it has undergone remodeling , it is clean and comfortable. I will definitely return to this place for future visits to Durango, this has been the best hotel I have stayed in during my last 4 visits here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Barbara C
Colorado
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I am generally not picky when it comes to where I stay, but this place has really gone downhill since I was last here. The place is a DUMP. The place is overpriced for the dirty room you get and my door didn't even have a lock. The police always seem to be coming and going here, and they charge just to receive ice. This place is such a dump that I ended up sleeping in my car.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Durango hotels

Golden, Colorado
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Asked for a pet room but was changed to a non pet room. The office smelled bad, man that waited on me was rude. Could not give me the room I had reguested (king pet). After making the reservations they let you know about the 10.00 a pet fee. Once you have made the reservation you lose your deposit. I walked out without staying. Would not stay here!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family