“Better than our wildest dreams”

Antlers on the Creek Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 Durango B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were very fortunate to find this comfy bed and breakfast. Located in the mountains, surrounded by trees, but still close to downtown Durango and other attractions. Susan, the proprietor, was extremely gracious and accommodating. No detail or amenity was over- looked. We actually looked forward to the hosted breakfasts and evening receptions. Our stay was so memorable that we've already made plans to return next year!

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique with their own personality. It's a smaller property so book early.
3  Thank nymarkmc
There are newer reviews for Antlers on the Creek Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 7 July 2014

What an amazing place !! We were recently on a two week driving tour of Colorado and Utah and wanted to stay in Durango for a few days. We'd stayed at so many hotels along the way (8) that I wanted something different for our family that was more relaxing and more spacious. Well, I scored big time with this one. The rooms are all completely remodeled as is virtually every other spot in the two-building B&B. Susan, as the new owner since late 2013 essentially spent 6 months remodeling the entire place. As there are four in our family, our room had an amazing King size bed with a phenomenal mattress, as well as a trundle for the kids. The bathroom looked like it was out of a high end hotel, but bigger and there's even a gas-fed free-standing old-style fireplace/stove for cold nights and ambiance. We probably would have seen more of Durango if we would have left Antler's more but it is so inviting and comfortable that you just want to stay and hang out. And don't even get me started on the amazing breakfast. 2-3 courses each morning. Some days we even skipped lunch because we weren't hungry. I rarely write reviews but I couldn't help it. You will love it here !

3  Thank Todd M
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Just came back from a few days at the Antlers. This is a newly renovated b&b which has all the modern conveniences but retains the charm of Durango. it is a few miles outside of the town on a creek so the location is picturesque and quiet. Susan is a wonderful hostess - serving up pre dinner drinks and appetizers each afternoon and the breakfasts - WOW. Cathy (the chef) and Susan are quick to accommodate any dietary requests, making everyone feel at home. Our daughters don't eat eggs and Susan adjusted the menu to take this into account.
The WIFI reception is somewhat spotty - it was actually completely down when we arrived although the company got it back up and running. if you need to check emails or be in contact with the office whilst here I would recommend taking a quick drive into town as the reception is better there.
Definitely the best bed and breakfast we have stayed at and will be back when we are next in the area.

Room Tip: If traveling with kids over the age of 10 I would recommend the Elkhorn room. Any younger and the to...
5  Thank Jane W
Reviewed 29 June 2014

THIS is the place you would dream about, if you ever dreamt about the perfect B&B!
We travel quite alot, have stayed in dozens of B&Bs across US (including Durango) and Europe. Antlers on the Creek was, by far, the topmost of any we've stayed in.

Reviews prior to June '14 no longer applicable... Antlers is great: new ownership; completely remodeled with such lovely decor; immaculately clean; breakfasts were fabulously delicious and generous, homemade afternoon refreshments, and an evening treat. Susan has surely perfected the art of hospitality! And she is quite personable and welcoming (as was the chef, Kathy), such a great hostess.

I am a very difficult-to-please consumer and, even though I carefully read trip advisor reviews, this is my first ever entry. Antlers was perfect. I could go on, but this is the thing... if I were to ever run away from home, this is where I would go. I will make another trip to Durango simply to stay here again!

3  Thank SpyderRydersx2
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I loved staying at Antlers on the Creek. Susan was extremely hospitable, accommodating my husband's diet needs, making us feel welcome, at home, and cared for. I felt more at home here than I do with family. Susan and Kathy fed us wonderful, hearty breakfasts (I wish I could hire them for my house), a wonderful afternoon snack, and before bed snacks! We always had access to wonderful beverages: tea, coffee, water, juice at breakfast and cocktails with afternoon snack. The room in which we stayed (Hermosa Creek) was extremely comfortable, attractively decorated, nicely renovated, and extremely clean. There were nice areas for walking very nearby, including a wildlife preservation area, which offered a wonderful morning walk. The Jacuzzi was a great way to unwind at night before a comfy rest in the cozy bed. I highly recommend Antlers on the Creek to everyone.

3  Thank Elizabeth T
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This fantastic B&B has an idyllic setting, on the creek, on 7 acres, but only a short drive to downtown Durango. The place is gorgeous, rooms remodeled to perfection, breakfast is fabulous and the delightful host also offers afternoon appetizers and beverages. What a fantastic place to spend a vacation in southwest Colorado!

5  Thank CATinDenver
Reviewed 14 June 2014

What a wonderful place! They have a new owner and have recently done a major remodel, it's absolutely beautiful. The upgrades to the rooms and bathrooms are very luxurious but still have that western charm that is so Durango. The back patio invites you to have a seat and enjoy a beautiful view. Relax, read a book, watch the wild life or just enjoy the beautiful sunsets. Antlers was the perfect place for a family reunion, lots of room for all our out of town guests. The kids loved being on the creek while the adults enjoyed sitting and relaxing. The location was perfect, a short drive to town. I would highly recommend Antlers on the Creek!

Room Tip: The second story room with the balcony is perfect for a couple and the family suite with bunk beds i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family