“Clean and inviting!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Durango
Denver, Colorado
“Clean and inviting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel and would stay here again. I don't normally give this high of a rating to a hotel/motel mostly because I believe in really clean hotel rooms and rarely does this happen (which I do understand why)...but this hotel exceeded my expectations in that area. My room was very clean! I did not have enough time to go to the pool/hot tub, but I peeked in and both appeared to be very clean. There were lots of towels in the bathroom and what seemed like extra towels for the pool area. The room also had a decent size mini fridge and microwave as well as tea and I think a coffee maker. I stopped in for the free breakfast and grabbed what I thought was the freshest bagel I have ever eaten. Staff were friendly too.

I have stayed at a couple hotels over the past few years (not necessarily ones I have reviewed as I don't normally review hotels that are business trip related) where it feels like they give you the very minimum and you are left asking for items such as:
- enough towels for how many people are staying in the room or
- items that they promise when you book the room like an in-room coffeemaker/blow dryer/soap/free wi-fi or
- they charge you for everything even though the hotel was very expensive
and this hotel was NOT like that at all. I might be venting here but I just thought this hotel seemed more generous from other places I have visited in other cities.

The only drawbacks I can see is that the air conditioner is noisy (which seems to be normal, I think) but it did help drown out the noise coming from the street as this hotel is on the main road in Durango; and it is more on the "north" end of town as opposed to close to downtown/train.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Very nice and helpful staff. Gave us a map of where we were and where to go and recommended restaurants. Told us where to catch the free trolley and when it ran, as this hotel is a little far from the old historic part of town. Room was clean and well stocked and the breakfast wasn't too bad. It was a bit pricey for being that far from town, but it was easy to get around with a car or the trolley.

Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

A nice place to stay for one or more nights visiting the area. right on the main drag, but noisy enough to bother sleep; close attractions, a lot of restaurants, fast food places Why can't I be succinct & use less than 200 characters?

Douglass, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our three-night stay at Best Western Mountain Shadows in Durango. The staff was wonderful, and even returned a credit card to me that I had dropped in the parking lot! The breakfasts were good and the guest laundry facilities were excellent. We would definitely stay at this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone going to Durango.

colorado springs, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed here while bringing my son to college at Fort Lewis. The staff was very helpful and gave great recommendations on restaurants. Breakfast was great. If I had a complaint it would be that the internet was slower than I would have liked and did cut out several times. I did have to leave a day early due to my child getting sick and they gave me no hassles at all. I appreciated that.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We chose this hotel over the one on the west of Durango due to price. It was a few miles north of US160, which is what we were traveling, but the short detour off of the road was well worth it. Parking is a little tight, space is at a premium and many drivers had difficulty centering their cars/trucks in the spaces. This made loading and unloading difficult, but doable. The room was great, and was very comfortable. There is a grocery store just down the street as well as easy access to gas facilities. Great Hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Soldotna, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our trip to Durango was great!!!! The Hotel was perfect. The staff is genuine, helpful,and friendly. They room was very nice clean and modern. The breakfast was a nice variery for everyones taste buds young and old.

1 Thank Susan B