“location”

Durango Downtown Inn
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed 8 August 2012

My family and I stayed here in Aug. the biggest asset to this motel is location, location, location. it is within 4 to 5 blocks to the train station which is a huge plus due the the parking issues in Durango. The train would take you up the soaring(zip line) or up to Silverton. Our room was facing the river. We walked out our door and into the river for a quick cool off or would just sit out on the bank and watch all the rafters go by. My daughter and I spent some time on the river with the Mild to Wild rafting group (Excellent group). as we came by the motel my wife and mother were sitting on the walking path (outside our back door) and watched us kayak by. very cool by all of us. Applebees within the Inn. the only thing that bothered us was the breakfast. all they offered was a packet of instant oatmeal. at least put out some juices.

Room Tip: room on the river side.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 August 2012

We stayed on 8/3/2012. The room is very small and extremely dated. The bathroom is so small that they had to shave the door so it wouldn't hit the toilet. The wallpaper reminds me of something you might see at the department of motor vehicles bathroom. The river front rooms are not indicative of all of the rooms. Our room faced the parking lot and the view was Ford and Toyota grills. There isn't any breakfast offered...I have stayed at Holiday Inn Express and The comfort Inn...Both are better choices and cheaper....The one redeeming feature is the central location. You can walk to everything in the downtown Durango area including the " Tourist train"

Room Tip: Choose a different Hotel
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

This hotel is an older style you could say. Not historic old, 70's old. The rooms are all accessed from external doors, no internal security. Rooms facing the river have a nicer view than rooms facing the town.

In all cases leaving the curtains open and you give away all privacy. Too bad if like me you like to sleep with the curtain open so you wake up with the morning sun.

Beds, bathrooms, etc, all acceptable, clean, comfortable. No worries there. Internet worked just fine, but if you're a business traveler, like I was, there is no comfortable office style desk or chair.

Why stay here, well price. All hotels in the Downtown area are hellishly expensive. This one is a little more reasonable. Also you can walk to the downtown area in a couple of minutes, so you are not isolated in that aspect.

There is the river right outside the hotel which is nice. People are tubing on it all day in summer. McDonald's is very close, Applebee's is attached.

Yes I would stay here again, but I also noted some new hotels being built close by, and that may be the improvement needed for a business traveler like myself.

No breakfast provided either.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Great location to river, downtown and grocery store across the street. Carpet is dirty but nothing a pair of flip flops can't handle and the bed are hard. Who wants to spend time in your room when you can be out in such beautiful county?! Would consider staying again if the basics were all I was after.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2012

At $150 a neither this was a rip off. Carpet was so stained I was afraid to walk on it. They told us it was a newly renovated room yet the mattresses were showing w/o even a skirt to cover them. I guess I expected a lot more for the price. Plastic wrapped glasses and I chair that was nasty looking and not something u wanted to sit in. UGH

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Yuck - rooms are small and completely overpriced. Beds are doubles not even queen sized, no soap or shampoo, and towels the size of hand towels. Bathrooms have no fans and the temperatures are freezing or off, The pool is terrible and noise horrible. GO ELSEWHERE!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Tis was the worst hotel experience we have ever had,and we've stayed in ALOT of hotels.The room itself was ok.One night we were awakened at 12:30 by a group of very loud,drunk partying kids.After 2 hours of listening to this I stuck my head out the door to yell at them.The night clerk was standing there and I asked if she had called the police.She was not all that careing or concerned or apologetic.All of this went on until 6:00 in the morning.The front desk offered a 10 percent discount for our trouble,big deal!We also had a really rude maid.Will not return.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends