We stayed 4 nights at the Durango DoubleTree.
- We had a party of 7 (family of 3 and two sets of grandparents in 3 separate rooms) and we had several arrival changes which the front desk folks handled smoothly.
- The staff (front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant) were all courteous, professional, prompt and personable. Kudos to them and the management who know how to treat and talk to guests.
- Excellent views from the riverside rooms (don't remember if they cost a bit more, but we thought they were worth the price).
-- the DoubleTree is more expensive than some of the other surrounding motels/hotels but the rooms and service were clearly a cut above. We found out that they provide benefits for their full time employees (a rarity in the service industry) and we are willing to pay more to businesses that takes care of their employees. (And in-turn, their employees are a cut above.)
- About. 2-3 block walk to the train station and the Durango restaurants and shops.
We would definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Low-rise Hotel set on the banks of Animas River at Highways 160 & 550; convenient to Fort Lewis College & tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Durango reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Durango
- Durango Doubletree