“Great motel at decent price”
Review of Durango Travelodge

Durango Travelodge
Ranked #30 of 33 Hotels in Durango
Durango
“Great motel at decent price”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Love the Travelodge in Durango. Convenient location, easy walk to the Animas River, very friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Kim M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
Manitou Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Maybe this review is a bit biased based on my horrible experience with this lying thieving hotel. I booked this hotel through an online hotel site. I inadvertently booked the room a day early which was completely my fault; however, I attempted to correct the situation days in advance and was assured EVERYTHING was fine. Long review short, I was actually charged for two nights instead of one- thus paying double for the room. With that being said.......

The motel is old. It feels old and not in a good way. Halfway decent rooms. The service was completely inadequate as I was lied to twice. They never solved my financial problem. The so called manager never returned my calls as promised. Look, for $20 more per night there are dozens of better hotels in the area! Please, unless you are desperate, stay somewhere else. I wound up paying $180 for ONE night in this travesty of a motel. Please don't fall victim to these folks.

By the way, this is the first bad review I have ever written. I'm usually very easy to please and enjoy the excitement of staying in interesting places, even if they're bad. Sometimes bad is fun- not this time. I would have rather stayed in my car. :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Cy C
GMTripleHHospitality, General Manager at Durango Travelodge, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
We are extremely upset to hear about your unsatisfactory stay with us. We understand the situation is very stressful and unacceptable. When booking through online travel agents the reservations can be difficult to change by the hotels. Unfortunately the hotel becomes the face of this situation even though in all reality, the way the OTAs set up the reservations there is not much we can do.

With the situation concerning the over charge (which was refunded in full by check by the owner) has opened into a bigger situation with the credit card companies not issuing refunds sent in by the hotel. The front desk agents did all they could do on our end, unfortunately the rest was up to the credit card company and they did not offer much help.

Travellers are raving about these Durango hotels

Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Staying there will never happen again, the GM is rude, and won't shut up long enough to talk with him! A simple mistake made the whole trip there!!!!! They are in there own fantasy world and not the real world! Being with my son, who is 6, and has asthma, I smoke out side away from him the best I cam. Same there. I got there at 9pm we settled in went to bed. I was woke up by the people above me, went OUTSIDE, to smoke, left the door some what open in case my son woke up. "And he did" so he would not freak out and would b able to see me. I get charged 250.00 for smoking in the romm, but I was out side not in the room!!!! Explained this to the GM who did not care, but I was told to never come back again!!! Don't worry I won't!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
The Travelodge of Durango is a nonsmoking property, upon checking in any quest who stays with us initials and signs a registration card that states this. In this case the guest smoked outside as was stated, but with the door open the smoke went directly back into the room. The quest was refunded the smoking fee, even though the no smoking policy was signed and agreed to. The hotels has this no smoking policy and fines to help protect the guests we have with diseases like asthma, as smoking aggravates and increase the effects of this disease.
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Kuddos to the Durango Travelodge for its excellent customer service! My two-week stay was an enjoyable one. The room was spacious, front desk employees and management were very accommodating and friendly, and housekeeping staff professional and thorough. I plan on returning for another extended visit at the end of the month. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank A T
GMTripleHHospitality, General Manager at Durango Travelodge, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you very much for your stay with and this online review. we really do appreciate these and the ability to use them to grown and progress. It is always good to see that our staff is doing their best and serving our guest in an excellent manner. Thank you again very much and we look forward to seeing you again.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed 5 March 2014

When we checked in we were told we would be staying in a narrow dark alley around the back of the hotel. When we found our room, a couple of shady people saw us coming and quickly ducked back into their rooms. The room we were in was much older, and definitely not how the pictures depict. It looked like a few things in the room were updated, and it appeared as if management was trying to renovate this old hotel, however they have a long way to go before it's worth the price we paid. Breakfast was abysmal at best, the milk for the cereal smelled bad, the waffle mix was too watered down to be usable, there was no fruit/yogurt or anything else besides a few pieces of bread. We were not even acknowledged by hotel staff at breakfast or at checkout. I apologize as it looks like management is trying to do what they can with this old place, however this was the worst experience we've had at any hotel in many many years.

Room Tip: Go anyplace else
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan V
We are very upset to hear about your unacceptable stay with us. As you have noticed we are currently in the middle of some renovations to update out hotel for our guests. We are surprised to hear you were not happy with the location of your room as this is the quietest area of the hotel and we are normally asked to place guests here. We will be adding some extra light to the area to brighten it up a bit. We are also in the process of an employee change over to more qualified and motivated staff. We hope to have the chance to serve you again and do our best to satisfy your needs.