All reviewswaffle makerone night stayan older propertybagelsstay there againroom was clean and comfortablethe riverpets
Reviewed 22 July 2014

OK This is a Travelodge. Better than most but not a lot of frills, clean, safe and comfortable. What makes this on better that the other Travelodges out there are the people, and Leroy specifically. We had a group staying there and we had a breakdown. Leroy went way above and beyond to help out so the trip was not ruined. That extra mile means a lot and makes this someplace I'd recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I am a budget traveler so when I made reservation it was all about $$. What I have found makes this the best deal around. First I read on TripAdvisor to request a room on backside of lodge near river. Very quiet. So I called Emily (yes she is as wonderful as the reviews said) and requested said location. Done..she says. I get in...the staff (apologize I forgot gentleman's name) is amazing, friendly, helpful and I have hadless service from 4 star hotels. The room is a single King...but wonderful mattress, pillows, poster bed, with modern covers. Desk, extra chair, frig, micro, coffee pot...wonderful quality towels. The only reason I did not give a 5 star is because it is an older property and the outside reflects that. Yep this is a true gem.

Room Tip: Request river facing (can't see river, but can hear it and the trees leaves rustling out your window are tranquil.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HappyTravelerRoatan
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I've always considered Travelodge to be sort of the "last link" of the motel chains and this analogy proved to be pretty accurate regarding my one-night stay in Durango.

The room was old, dingy and shabby. It was, however, relatively clean (on the inside) and the bathroom, while quite small, proved adequate enough with respect to lighting, water pressure, etc. The bed was comfortable and I had a good night's sleep. To compensate for the lack of electrical wall outlets, management had placed a power strip near the TV so I could easily charge my iPad and phone.

The Animas River runs right behind the motel and my room had a balcony which I took advantage of to make a call. Unfortunately, it didn't appear to have been cleaned for quite a while so I didn't spend much time there.

I agree with another reviewer who felt that the price of the room was too high given the quality, even accounting for the touristy nature of the area.

Both check in and check out were friendly and efficient. All-in-all, not a bad experience for one night; however I would look a few links up the chain if I was considering a longer stay in the Durango area.

Room Tip: In the Summer, it's nice to be closer to the river which can be heard with the door or window opened.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
GMTripleHHospitality, General Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Reviewed 27 May 2014