“Expectations and beyond!”

Hampton Inn Durango
Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Durango
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Wow, did not expect this! We were blown away with the customer service and friendliness! We traveled between 9-10 hours and were exhausted. We were greated with cookies and helpful staff! I looked around as they were remodeling and did not see a speck of dust and everything was tarped and taped. This was never a problem with our 2 day stay. No noise, no nothing. We got up to our room and were stunned to find local brand soda, chips, and salsa waiting on the table. They must of ask me if this was a special occasion. Kudos to the staff! Our room was quite, clean; breakfast was fantastic and the staff lady was on the ball! I highly recommend this place and infact Hampton has gained a loyal customer! I cannot say enough about this place and staff!

Room Tip: Ask for third floor. Breakfast was very impressive. Any q's ask front desk!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,042)

Reviewed 25 October 2012

We went 60 miles out of our way to stay at the Durango Hampton Inn and were happy we did! The rooms are so fresh and appealing, we love the clean duvet and soft sheets. I understand the Inn was remodeled Winter '11-'12 and it shows! I really, really want to go home and decorate my bedroom in the same chic and intelligent design. If I can't find those bedside table lamps somewhere on-line, I am going to be really disappointed.

While we were here the lobby was still being remodeled, but the front desk staff was incredibly helpful and humorous and directed me to Room 125 as their temporary Business Center.

One a special note, as my husband and I were leaving this morning to visit Mesa Verde, I asked the front desk staff to replace the electrical socket in the bathroom and please turn down the contrast of the Bright! White! TV and both were done by the time we returned this afternoon. This Hampton is fantastic!

P.S. If you want a firm mattress, this is your place. Me, I want a little cushier...

Reviewed 23 October 2012

Had a problem and the GM (Julianne) took care of it right away. She is a great person to work with and a great asset to this property. Rooms are clean and new... better that 90% of all of the Hilton properties that I have stayed at over the last several years. I highly recommend this property if you are in Durango, Co.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Despite the fact that we were there during a bikers weekend and the town was full of bikes and fairly noisy everywhere, this place was quiet; the staff was outstanding and the beds were very comfortable; we stayed here two nights and had no problems; the staff particularly one young man at the front desk was particularly helpful and made guests feel welcome.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2012

The hotel itself is located on the east end of town - but is quiet and well cared for. When we checked in we wanted the room for two nights but the second night was booked. The next morning, they let us know that a room had become available - and told us to just go out and enjoy our visit in Durango and they would arrange to move all of our things for us. Everyone we dealt with at the front desk was marvelous to deal with and went out of their way to be helpful. The breakfast on the first day was so-so, but on the following mornings it was very good. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this facility based on the service alone!

Reviewed 20 October 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel. It was a good base for the things we wanted to do while in that corner of Colorado (we went to Mesa Verde and took a very scenic ride to Telluride). The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was the standard Hampton Inn breakfast. The hotel itself is a short ride to downtown Telluride (not within walking distance), but don't let that stop you from staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I had a problem with my billing but the receptionist and manager were very helpful in resolving it. We stayed at the hotel twice recently and were very pleased with the room and the breakfast. A good hotel experience.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family