“I greatly enjoyed the stay at durango super 8 and would...”
Review of Super 8 Durango

Super 8 Durango
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Durango
Reviewed 11 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank Alan B
Super8Durango, General Manager at Super 8 Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The only good thing about this hotel was they had rooms for our whole family which took 4 rooms, the hold funds on debit cards plus some extra which bounced my checking account, made a point to ask the guy at the desk and he was o no mame we don't do that, when u got back home went to back and guess what they still had a hold on my account , thank god my aunt could cover for me so now I have a lot if bounce fees that I have to pay because I them, so if u stay here don't use a debut card!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Grneyes1503,

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience while staying with us. We do not charge the credit card or debit card until you check out. The system however does put a hold on the the card for the total amount of stay, to verify there are sufficient funds at check in. The system only authorizes the hold for total amount and nothing extra/more. If you feel that was not the case please give me a call at the hotel and we can investigate and get to bottom of this issue.

We hope this clears few things up as we want to make sure every guest enjoys their stay with us.

we hope to see you again in near future.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank James B

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights - front desk was exceptional, room was clean, comfortable, and value-priced for the season. Quick drivable access to the RR, downtown, and nearby grocery store. Will definitively lodge here again next time we visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TMan60,

Thank you for taking time to review Super 8 located in Durango Colorado. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff exceptional, our staff works very hard to insure all our guest are comfortable and enjoying their stay with us.

We look forward to see you again in very near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a good hotel at a good price relative to tourist season in Durango.

The breakfast room was good but needed more seating. Everyone arrives at once if they are riding the DSNG RR. All the Super 8's have waffle makers and a sign saying one needs to flip it to start the timer might be good. Someone will tell you eventually but for first time users a sign would help avoid the frustration.

Our stay was three days and on the first day I pointed out that there was no spindle on the toilet paper dispenser and the TP was just sitting on the tank top. It was still not fixed when we left, but that was my only negative observation. I would have expected it would have been replaced when we returned that night. The other observation was that there were two of us and only one soap was provided. Not critical, but it IS a personal hygiene item.

Room Tip: No noise issues. I never sleep late on travel as I want to maximize my daylight photo-ops, but for...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Super8Durango, General Manager at Super 8 Durango, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Roger,

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to write us a review for Super 8 in Durango.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Super 8 in Durango. We realize that not all our guest might have used the waffle maker on their previous stays, therefore for guest's convenience there are two step by step signs posted on waffle batter and next to the machine. As we want to make sure the guest are able to enjoy fresh waffles during their stay. I am sorry to hear that there was an Issue that we were not able to address it immediately. We want to make sure our guest are comfortable with their stay at Super 8. We strive to provide the best customer service possible.

We hope to see you again in near future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We first stayed at another hotel the day before and we switched the next night to the Super 8. Everything was nice the hotel , But did not try the breakfast so I can not comment on that! Check in and out is easy! You can also washing machine and dryer if you need it!

Room Tip: Good Quiet rooms for the price!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear 07escape,

Thank you for writing a review for Super 8 located in Durango Colorado. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We want all our guest to enjoy their and explore Durango to its fullest potential.

We hope to see you again in near future.

Thank you.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here and thought it couldn't be too bad to manage for one night. We were surprised over the spacious, clean, quiet room. Free wifi in room and refrigerator and coffee maker!!! Great stay and comfy bed. No complaints. Oh and free breakfast!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear gkhe1980,

Thank you for reviewing Super 8 in Durango, I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. Hopefully next time you will have more days to spend with us, and would get to truly enjoy the surrounding areas and the best of Durango has to offer.

We hope to see you again soon.