“Excellent except for One Problem”
Review of Super 8 Durango

Super 8 Durango
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Durango
Elm Grove, Wisconsin
“Excellent except for One Problem”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I like staying in Super 8's and this one was fine in all respects except one. First though, special appreciation to night desk person Leslie for an outstandingly arranged lobby breakfast items layout and keeping it clean and well managed while people came and went. Best I've seen at Super 8's. Her other customer service was superb. The problem: I kept small vial of vital eye drops for reducing pressure causing glaucoma in small room fridge, the fridge a nice Super 8 feature for keeping my med cold. However on 2nd eve (1st eve all fine) I found my drops bottle moved from fridge door to shelf near freezer and temp turned to max - my drops were froze making them unviable when thawed. Why was this done by housekeeping? The manager only gave me a 10% room credit back when potentially this would have cost me around $80 to replace at full price at pharmacy. Fortunately after much hassle at pharmacy later I was able to get me new vial of med and the insurance company made a one time exception in covering most of the cost.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Super8Durango, General Manager at Super 8 Durango, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear John,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be helpful and friendly. We train our staff to provide outstanding service and go above and beyond guest expectation.

Our policy for housekeeping is to not open any drawers or fridge for our stay over guest, as we would like to respect their privacy. I have spoken with the housekeeper who cleaned your room and he stated he did not open the fridge or move any of the items. What could have happen is when the fridge door is closed the bottle of eye drops could have slid and landed on the self next the freezer.

We will be sure to emphasize our housekeepers on our policy to not open/mover any of the items on our stay over guest.

We hope to see you again, and we are confident you will have another excellent experience with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Minnesota
Reviewed 16 August 2014

They had rooms available, unfortunately. Ours featured mystery odors, small, lumpy pillows, terrible lighting, filthy carpet, and a bathroom fan that operated at unsafe decibel levels. Breakfast not worth mentioning. Really nice front desk people, anyway!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Super8Durango, General Manager at Super 8 Durango, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Shgsdtos,

Thank you for taking time to review Super 8 located in Durango Colorado. I am so sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your stay with us. We have just finished with complete renovation two months ago, that included brand new carpets, beds, furniture, bed, bed tops, pillow and lights in all the rooms. Our Super Star breakfast has something for everyone, we have fresh waffles every morning that guest can make them self, yogurt, cereal, cinnamon rolls, and much more. We want our guest to start of their day right, and we believe that starts with the most important meal of day Breakfast.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Durango Colorado, and we are confident you will amazing experience at our hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Durango hotels

Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The only good thing about this hotel was they had rooms for our whole family which took 4 rooms, the hold funds on debit cards plus some extra which bounced my checking account, made a point to ask the guy at the desk and he was o no mame we don't do that, when u got back home went to back and guess what they still had a hold on my account , thank god my aunt could cover for me so now I have a lot if bounce fees that I have to pay because I them, so if u stay here don't use a debut card!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Grneyes1503,

I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience while staying with us. We do not charge the credit card or debit card until you check out. The system however does put a hold on the the card for the total amount of stay, to verify there are sufficient funds at check in. The system only authorizes the hold for total amount and nothing extra/more. If you feel that was not the case please give me a call at the hotel and we can investigate and get to bottom of this issue.

We hope this clears few things up as we want to make sure every guest enjoys their stay with us.

we hope to see you again in near future.

Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights - front desk was exceptional, room was clean, comfortable, and value-priced for the season. Quick drivable access to the RR, downtown, and nearby grocery store. Will definitively lodge here again next time we visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear TMan60,

Thank you for taking time to review Super 8 located in Durango Colorado. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff exceptional, our staff works very hard to insure all our guest are comfortable and enjoying their stay with us.

We look forward to see you again in very near future.

Lone Tree, Colorado
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This was a good hotel at a good price relative to tourist season in Durango.

The breakfast room was good but needed more seating. Everyone arrives at once if they are riding the DSNG RR. All the Super 8's have waffle makers and a sign saying one needs to flip it to start the timer might be good. Someone will tell you eventually but for first time users a sign would help avoid the frustration.

Our stay was three days and on the first day I pointed out that there was no spindle on the toilet paper dispenser and the TP was just sitting on the tank top. It was still not fixed when we left, but that was my only negative observation. I would have expected it would have been replaced when we returned that night. The other observation was that there were two of us and only one soap was provided. Not critical, but it IS a personal hygiene item.

Room Tip: No noise issues. I never sleep late on travel as I want to maximize my daylight photo-ops, but for...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Super8Durango, General Manager at Super 8 Durango, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Roger,

Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to write us a review for Super 8 in Durango.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at Super 8 in Durango. We realize that not all our guest might have used the waffle maker on their previous stays, therefore for guest's convenience there are two step by step signs posted on waffle batter and next to the machine. As we want to make sure the guest are able to enjoy fresh waffles during their stay. I am sorry to hear that there was an Issue that we were not able to address it immediately. We want to make sure our guest are comfortable with their stay at Super 8. We strive to provide the best customer service possible.

We hope to see you again in near future.