All reviews full kitchen bedroom suite front desk breakfast staff happy hour extra space basketball court yogurt indoor pool nice hotel free breakfast would definitely stay here again cold cereal kids loved the pool great place to stay the hotel offers the animas river trail
Reviewed 16 February 2016

We had an end room which the black out curtains did a decent job at. The room was great, clean and modern with lots of space. The breakfast was good--eggs and sausage with very helpful staff. The hot tub was super hot--116 degrees but they cooled it down for us or we would have been "what's for dinner."

Room Tip: Avoid bright lights on end rooms if you like to sleep in the dark.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2016

The customer service of this hotel is excellent. I used to stay there all the time as they had a corp. rate with my employer. During a ski weekend, I booked a room on the ground floor, by the back door. Unruly kids at all hours screaming and running up the halls, throwing balls against my door plus a very noisy guest above me made that stay a nightmare. I asked the front desk to speak to the hooligans running through the corridors; they did and the kids settled down eventually. The next morning I requested to change rooms to the top floor. I got a great top floor room, facing east, nice and quiet. You can't help the guests! But everyone should know how great the front desk and management staff is at the Residence Inn!

Room Tip: It was a loud, ground floor room, but read on, I moved to top floor and was totally happy!
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Princess F
Reviewed 23 January 2016

While driving the southwest, we stopped in Durango, CO after seeing nearby Silverton in the winter. Silverton is a "boomtown" in the warm months of spring through fall, but in the dead of winter, it's a unique and special experience. This hotel is located about 1 mile from the downtown historic district. We were greeted by friendly, professional staff, and because it was Monday, a nice surprise of wine, beer, and hors d'oeuvres right when we were hungry and tired from driving. I believe they offer this evening fare on Monday through Wednesday, if memory serves, in addition to the everyday breakfast. The breakfast food was very good and a nice perk for the money.

The room was comfortable, with windows that open for fresh air, nice furniture, and bed that was just right for us. We had used our Marriott rewards to book the night. The room has a full kitchen, with large refrigerator, separate working desk with lower file cabinet, adjacent bedroom, sofa and chair, sink, microwave and cabinets for dishes etc. You could live here comfortably, as I assume some business folks do.

Unfortunately, we only had that later afternoon to see Durango, but we did tour the historic boulevard, and wish we had more time. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelNReviewer
Reviewed 20 January 2016

I always try to stay at Sheraton properties but was impressed with this offering from Marriott. The hotel was conveniently situated to Downtown Durango and 30 minutes from the ski resort. The rooms were clean and spacious. There was a fireplace in our 2 bedroom suite. The jewel in the crown was the breakfast staff and evening snack staff. Wonderful, friendly, attentive. They were great! We also loved the food put out in the evening Monday-Thursday. After a strenuous day of skiing it was great to get a complimentary good, light meal and a glass of wine at the hotel…My only complaint is in regards to the parking lot. Although, it had snowed heavily there were many days during our stay when it was clear. However, they only plowed the parking lot once and left piles of snow. It would have been better if they plowed at least one more time during the day when the lot was empty.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 January 2016 via mobile

I stay at the Residence Inn in Durango speraticly through the year on business. After not being there, for at least a 4 month stretch, I walk in the door to register and am greeted to, "Hello, Mr. Miller, how was your trip?" I'm not wearing a name badge or anything else to identify who I am, she just knows from past visits!

That is how skilled and talented there staff are, they really show that they care and want your visit to be stellar.

I work for a government agency so there is always lots of paperwork for everything I do including check in at a hotel and this hotel has always had everything in order so check in is a minute or less and the bills are always correct with no taxes when I leave.

The rooms are clean, well maintained and all the amenities one would ever need including free wifi, that works great for business uses, snacks in the evenings, and a good hot breakfast in the morning.

I highly recommend the Residence Inn for business or tourist travel. You will be treated right and will have a great stay in a great hotel.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business