“Best place to stay”

Comfort Inn and Suites Durango
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Durango
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This hotel has it all! Clean, quiet, comfortable with good beds in a great location. The staff were superb. Nothing was any trouble for them. Even reservations made for a day later than we actually arrived. Their recommendations for meals were perfect and good value. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 April 2014

My oldest daughter lives in Beijing, China, and she was traveling back there from Durango with my granddaughter and my youngest daughter. I booked a room here since my oldest daughter already had a room there. Let me just say that if I need a room in Durango again, this is the only place I will stay.

The motel is very well kept. It is obvious that they believe in maintaining an attractive look. The staff was just over and beyond! They were friendly with their greeting. Virtually every staff person I saw made an effort to say hello and see if our needs were being met. They had a potato-bacon soup that evening, complimentary to all guests. They also had nutrition bars and a rack of travel size supplies available for all guests.

The room itself was generous in size and the beds were very comfortable. The shower tended to spay to the back of the tub and wet the floor, but it was pretty easy to adjust the aim so as to not make a mess. Even though this was an emotional goodbye with my daughters, the sleep quality was excellent.

I will definitely come back to this place if I need a room in Durango. They went over and above and did a lot of "little" things to make our stay terrific. If you are a Choice Rewards member or specifically like Comfort Inns, this is the place for you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank haynes9
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The breakfast staff is to be complimented on how well they handled their service, quantity and variety of food on a weekend when they were hosting so many guests related to soccer, baseball, and girls' soft ball tournaments. They kept the serving area clean, food was never allowed to run out, yet they handled themselves in a very professional and friendly manner. Way to go team!!

Mary Tidd

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed at the Comfort inn for two days on business and as usual it was Great. The front desk staff was terrific and the service was terrific. They were very helpful with directions as my phone did not get me where I wanted to go . Breakfast was hot and unlike a lot of more expensive places I go to ;it was all fresh. I will only stay there!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Friendly staff and great clean facility! Excellent breakfast, clean pool, and clean rooms. I stay at this hotel several times a week and always feel welcome. The exercise room is great too. The coffee is always ready and tastes great. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable and willing to help. Hotel is located is a great part of Durango near lots of great restaurants and is walking distance from the river and grocery store.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 1 April 2014

If you want to feel like the King or Queen of Getting an Excellent Deal, stay at this comforting Comfort Inn in Durango. This nice-looking, clean, well-appointed, and likably-staffed hotel feels like it's worth way more than the $75 I shelled out to stay here. The superlative shower head, with many different levels of water pressure, as well as the handsome headboard, will remain in my memory as reasons to sing from the highest, craggiest Colorado mountaintop the praises of the Durango Comfort Inn. I also appreciated the hands-on help with the waffle iron at breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here during spring break. Overall ok place. It is just outside downtown Durango. We did a lot of driving to and from. My boyfriend had made reservations ahead of time but when we arrived the GM that was checking us in said he had to find us a room...A few of the people working the front were not very friendly; including him. Everyone had the attitude like we were bothering them!! He failed to tell us the basic stuff about the hotel; breakfast times, where our room was, etc. Not very talkative. Room was nice. We had a king size bed, microwave, mini fridge, safe, nice tv, desk and nice size bathroom. The walls are thin though so we heard our neighbors whole conversation. The free breakfast was good; so much food to choose from; waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, bagels, cereal. The lady running the breakfast was not very nice. Word of advice, just stay out of her way! Kristin was the nicest front desk person there! No matter what question we had she went out of her way to find the answer. She needs to be the general manager!!!! Thanks to her she made our stay worth while.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple