“"Italian Treasure in the Mountains"”
Review of Pastatively

Pastatively
Ranked #3 of 37 Restaurants in Eagle
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Michigan City, Indiana
“"Italian Treasure in the Mountains"”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I ate dinner here after being referred by our hotel front desk. We were so pleasantly surprised at how scrumptious the food at this restaurant is. The homemade hummus was one of my favorites! We enjoyed the fresh baked Italian bread with olive oil, also. The salads were fresh and the ranch dressing was delicious. I have to say that I ordered the Chicken Parmesan and it was the best I have ever had, from the East Coast to West Coast! I was so impressed! We were so full by the time we were finished, no room for dessert! The place is cozy with a unique ambiance! We would love to visit here again!

• Visited September 2013

Vail
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Attitudes, Terrible Service, Unpredictable, and Volatile”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Been to Pastatively a few times. It's an okay Italian restaurant; nothing special, with average quality food that they think is great. I'm an Italian raised in NYC and Chicago. It's better than Olive Garden fare, but no big deal. Called early yesterday to book a table for six at 7:30 and spoke to the owner. He said if we come at 7:30 there may be a wait. What does that mean? Do I have a reservation at 7:30 or not? He said that if we were to come at 8:00, we'd be able to get seated right away. I said I'd come at 8:00 then. He said come at 7:30 anyway, and he'll see what he could do. That is not a reservation. It's "anybody's guess" and weird. So we showed up at 8:00 based on what he said and what I said. We arrived and asked for a table for six and the hostess looked at us like we just killed her beloved pet?!? I even asked her if she was okay. There were plenty of open tables. She said it would be ten minutes and she'd set us right up. Five minutes later another party of six arrived and asked for a table. She sat them immediately?!? What? I asked her what that was about and she said they had a reservation.., okay?!? After waiting over 20 minutes (now 8:22 - what happened to ten minutes?), the hostess told us it could be another 15 minutes or so. We decided to leave and go to another restaurant down the road. As we were leaving, the chef/owner poked his head out of the kitchen and started SCREAMING at the hostess at the top of his lungs; loud enough for EVERYONE in the restaurant to hear this. "IF ANYONE ESLE COMES IN HERE TONIGHT, TELL THEM TO GO AWAY!!! I DON'T WANT ANYMORE CUSTOMERS!!! UNDERSTAND?!? NO MORE CUSTOMERS!!!" Wow, how did the party of six who were just seated feel about that. Is the chef crazy? Is he going to spit in our food? Is he having a breakdown? Sorry, but that kind of behavior is completely unacceptable and entirely unproffessional at an establishement that is reasonably expensive and when there are other choices just down the road. No wonder the hostess greeted us the way she did. It was probably a look of "please help me, don't ask for a table of six, the chef will kill me." The chef/owner must have already been melting down when we showed up. I felt sorry for the hostess. I'm so glad we did NOT get seated. My suggestion is let's honor the chef/owner's request and NOT provide any more customers to Pastatively. Or you can just go ahead and take your chances of not being appreciated. I know I will NEVER go back there again. Hey, Fagedaboudit!.

• Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Vegetarian Meals are Limited but Great”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Eggplant was awesome! Would like to see some vegetable pasta and maybe a pesto dish or two for us vegan/vegetarians.

Visited July 2013
Vail,CO
“My go to standby for GREAT food and atmosphere...”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I just love this place! It's even gotten better over the years! the owners are there all the time, which makes a difference. The fish dishes on Fridays are terrific. The brussels sprouts (when they have them) are the best. They are happy to do special requests. At least they don't SEEM to mind...Lasagna is as big as your head, and "just a lika Momma's". The scampi and the veal marsala are my favs. I love the Sinatra music and the red checkered table cloths. I would go every night if I could. It does get busy some nights and the service can be a bit off, but who cares. Where else do you gotta be, right?
Roberto and Dave will do it up for you. Go here now!

• Visited May 2013
Silverthorne, Colorado
“Love the family dining, excellent italian”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Any time I need pasta, we come to Pastatively. All of the servers are friendly and personable, not overly stiff in their service. The kitchen is open and occationally you get a brief but memorable interraction with the chef.

All of the pasta is excellent and the portions are very large. You will probably wait on a weekend to get a table but the overall value is excellent!

• Visited February 2013