“Ask the waitress what's good when you're there”
Review of Old kentucky tavern - CLOSED

Old kentucky tavern
Cuisines: American
Farmington Hills, Michigan
“Ask the waitress what's good when you're there”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We had diner here one night over the holidays while we were staying at a hotel in town. It’s kind of a small bar that also offers food at a few tables and wasn’t very busy while we were there. The bartender/waitress went out of her way to be helpful in taking care of us and the cook also came out to visit us to be sure we were satisfied with our meals. Both my wife and I were very pleased with what we ordered, the service and the price. Our experience was very nice and if we visit the area again will make it a point to eat here again.

Visited December 2013

sydney
“Food not good.”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Cat Fish awful;inedible and left.
Husband asked for chips with his burger and he got a packet of crisps.Staff very nice and friendly though.

Visited November 2013
Orange Beach, Alabama
“A Chef-owned Rare Gem in Eagle, CO!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

A Chef-owned Rare Gem in Eagle, CO!

Today I happened in on Old Kentucky Diner and WOW, I was made a happy man.
First, this was at 10:30 a half hour before most places, including KY Tavern. I tried the door and asked if I could come in early. I was seated without hesitation with the reply of corse, but the kitchen may need just a few more minutes. Being a Souther Gulf Coast boy, I ordered the Tuesday Special; Fish Tacos. They come two to a plate on nice thick 8" flour tortillas that are made to handle these monsters and won't break and leave you with taco salad. They are stuffed with a nice mild catfish that is lightly breaded in a tempura-type batter with a beautiful delicate-crunch that complements the crisp, stronger crunch of the red cabbage. What made it very unique was the pineapple salsa that was only lightly "tropical" or "fruity'' with it's superb texturing of near al dente corn and edemame. Finally, it is highlighted by a bit of avocado spread to send you into orbit. I look forward to trying the rest of Chef Juicy's menu, but I am going to have a long run on Tuesday Tacos!

• Visited October 2013
Vail
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local Eagle Pub is Really Good!”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We've been to Old Kentucky Tavern several times this year. It is very good. The best part is it's ambience. Pub ecclectic! Lots of cool things to look at while waiting for your drinks and food. The menu is quite unique with enough variety to please anyone in your group. The prices are fair. The service can be a little slow sometimes, but hey, relax, have a another drink and engage your friends in stimulating conversation. After all, that's why you are at the local pub in the first place, right? Enjoy, it's good.

Visited September 2013
“Amazing Burgers”
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The restaurant is located in "downtown" Eagle in one of the older buildings. The interior walls are brick and the floors are original wood. If you like burgers you will find plenty of choices and they are perfect, this was one of the best meals I have had. It appears this place is for sale so you'd best hurry.

• Visited July 2013