“A perfect stay!!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Eagle
Escondido, California
“A perfect stay!!”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We walked in to the front desk and were greeted by a smiling and happy young lady (Kathy).
She made our check in very quick and easy. She was very knowledgeable about the area and was happy to suggest a couple of places for us to dine. She really was the greatest!

The room was large, clean, and everything worked. Wi-Fi worked fine and was easy to connect to (Boingo).

We asked for a room on the 3rd floor with a view and away from the elevator. It was waiting for us! PERFECT!

Definitely a place to stay when you happen to be traveling thru Colorado on I70.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SteveZ234

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Riverbank, California
Reviewed 2 August 2012

The place was very nice, once we overcame the big screw-up at Choice Rewards Central (where they had made my entire reservation erroneously in someone else's name (and someone else's credit card!). Wasted half an hour at the desk getting checked in over that mess.

Otherwise, very nice place and friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Because of an accident on I-70 westbound, we had to stop in Eagle because the road was closed. We decided to spend the night in Eagle and continue the next morning. The hotel is clean and even though it was full, it was fairly quite. The breakfast that as included with the room, was really nothing to write home about, so, if you are hungry, I'd plan to go elsewhere. Nearby, there are a couple of restaurants, pizza place, wine shop and grocery store. For dinner, the restaurants had long wait times, so we picked up a couple bottles of wine and went to the deli in the grocery store and picked up dinner. Good combination and all within a couple of block walk.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We have a second home here so I made a trip to the local Costco in Gypsum. While shopping at Costco, an 18 wheeler had an accident on Highway 70 so it was shut down for over 6 hours! I had to find a local room to stay and wait for the highway to reopen! I was lucky when I did a search for local places to stay when I found this Comfort Inn. Since I was alone, I requested a single room but they only had a suite or 2 queen room available. When I arrived, I was greeted by a friendly young man. I told him my situation and that I had reserved the 2 queen room. He was kind enough to upgrade me to the suite and WOW was I pleasantly surprised! The bathroom was spotless and looked as though no one had ever used it! The room was larger than I expected and was equally immaculate and extremely comfortable. It even had a jacuzzi tub! I cannot say enough great things about the Comfort Inn Vail Valley!

Room Tip: Ask for Room# 325!! You will love it!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank A H
Oak Forest, Illinois
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed here in March with two adults, 2 young children, and a toddler. The 2 double beds and Pack N Play crib fit no problem. There was a large countertop area with sink outside of bathroom. In the bathroom was the toilet and bathtub/shower. The best addition was the fridge and microwave in the room! Also, a large desk with enough room to lay a suitcase open on top. There was also additional room in the open closet area for luggage, etc. The entire facility was very clean. They had a breakfast available for FREE every morning! There was sausage, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, and more. It was really good. We spent a lot of time at the pool as well. The staff was very nice and extremely accommodating.
As for the previous post about the dog, I think that was completely inappropriate. The mentioned dog appears to be about 30 years old. He was completely harmless and could have passed off as a statue. The sweet dog laid outside in the grass and never moved. He never approached us or even walked. It'd be easy to miss him.
Anyhow, this was a great experience. We'd definitely stay here again! Thanks for the awesome hospitality.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice and have had good experiences. It is very reasonably priced for the area and the staff has always been courteous. Will definitely stay there again if I return to the Vail Valley.

The rooms are comfortable and the hotel is quiet. I have always gotten a good nights sleep and felt safe.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We stayed there a few times and experienced a great time each time hence why we always come back to the same spot. Customer service was great. Rooms were clean and management was very accommodating. Each time we are in eagle, we always stay there. Thanks comfort inn for a consistent pleasurable experience.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bernadette K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eagle
Best Western Plus Eagle Lodge & Suites
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Eagle CO
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Eagle
Inn and Suites at Riverwalk
Christie Lodge
Christie Lodge
#4 of 9 in Avon
Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek

Been to Comfort Inn Vail Valley? Share your experiences!