“Paper thin walls. Worst night sleep of my trip at this hotel.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Vail Valley

Comfort Inn Vail Valley
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Eagle
Los Angles, Ca
“Paper thin walls. Worst night sleep of my trip at this hotel.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2009

This was my first stay at a Comfort Inn.. and the last. I just made a 7 day trip staying at 6 different hotels and I got woken up constantly during the night. My only thought that night was "when I get back, I've got to find an online Hotel Review website to let other people know about this place". While the hotel looks brand new, and the staff was nice, I can only imagine this building was built as cheaply as possible. I could hear every noise coming from every room above, beside and below me. When any room next to me turned on any faucet, well I didn't think that water running through pipes could be that loud! I could hear voices from every room. Any door or drawer, or object being set down near the sink sounded like hammering. The shower has a plastic bottom so when other guests took a shower, the bending of the plastic shower floor made a loud cracking noise. I could hear the TVs from other rooms, the other room front doors sounded like they were being slammed when they were just being closed. I don't think the walls are made with drywall, they seemed to be made from some kind of plastic. And the most unbelievable noise that I could not believe I could hear was, and apologize for having to write this, but, I when laying in bed I could hear the noise of guests urinating into the toilet - the walls are that thin! Again, the hotel looks nice, new, clean and the staff was nice. But I had such a bad experience I wont ever try another Comfort Inn again. I should add too, I didn't have noisy neighbors, they simply did normal things. But It was like there simply were not any walls to stop basic noises. I also want to add, that I'm not a light sleeper, or someone who likes to complain. I stayed at 3 Motel 6's and they were slightly noisy, but no big deal (and I would stay at them again) and I stayed at The Alpine Inn In Pagosa Springs (very quiet) and The Luxor in Las Vegas (again, very quiet).

I can't image what the stay would have been like if any guest next to me had kids, a baby, or people having a party.

Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank chris17766

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
tulsa ok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2008

We just returned from a week here skiing in Beaver Creek and Vail. Absolutely amazing we worked the price down to $119 a night, friendly staff, good breakfast(if you get up early enoug) ,great rooms the beds were great better than ours at home, mini fridge and microwave, free wifi, indoor pool. The distance to the resorts was kind of a problem it was about 30 minutes to Beaver Creek and 40 to Vail it was nice not to have to cross vail pass every day the only alternative.
Liked: just about everything
Disliked: distance from resorts

• Liked — rooms
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank jt315
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2008

Convenient, clean, quiet, comfortable, and predictable. A carb-loading breakfast feast. Plenty of pillows, and a room big enough for 2 and our gear. No complaints at all.

Desk staff generally good, although it was interesting to see the night clerk with a lit cigarette in her hand, and her dog, walking through the door that says "NO SMOKING" and "NO PETS."

• Liked — Clean, convenient, comfortable, safe
  • Disliked — A little expensive for this grade of accomodation
      Cleanliness
4 Thank ninko999
Fort Collilns, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2006

We originally reserved at the Silver Leaf Suites, but after checking them out, decided we wanted something better.

Everything at the Comfort Inn was great, clean, professional. Quiet at night, pool and hot tub were clean. Desk clerks were great.

Stayed June 2006
5 Thank Waverly1
Oklahoma City, OK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2006

We had a horrible experience at this hotel from the moment we arrived. It had been a harrowing drive in from Denver anyone with the near blizzard conditions. Because the drive was taking a lot longer due to the weather, we called to make sure they didn't give our room away because we would be arriving so late. It was Spring Break and everything was booked. Right away when we got finally got there, we had a dispute with the front desk people. We had been told when we reserved the room that our rate would be $79 per night. A great deal for the Vail area on Spring Break. Then when we arrived they told us that the room was $89/night. THEN before we left they were charging us $99/night because we had an extra person that we didn't originally know when we booked that we were going to have. They also claimed that they didn't even have a $79/night rate, despite the fact that we showed them a printout from their own website that stated their room rates started at $79/night! They were very RUDE about it and refused to honor the rate we had been promised. I wonder if it was because we originally had booked 2 rooms. We cancelled one of them, but it was well within the limits for cancelling with no charge. They even de-activated our keys without telling us despite the fact that we have to walk right by the front desk to enter the hotel! They did this to basically blackmail us into signing a new credit card slip for the higher rate.

We called the Comfort Inn Customer Service line to complain about the horrible stay we were having - to no avail. Since we didn't book thru the website, they didn't have a record of our reservation. We told them we had tried to book it thru the website, but were unable to, so had called the hotel directly. The customer service line said they worked for the hotel owners - apparently the Comfort Inn's have individual owners - and all they could do is send them our complaint. Then the hotel owners would have 7-10 days to respond. A lot of good it would do us 7-10 days after we were gone!

That was just the beginning of our nightmare stay. Thank goodness we were gone most of the day enjoying ourselves in Vail skiing and snowboarding!

Other problems:

-The pool and hot tub were a nasty algae green color, with stuff floating in them.
-The "fitness room" was barely the size of a closet and had a barely working treadmill and little else.
-One day the cleaning people left a window in our room open, so when we returned to our room that evening it was FREEZING!
-The heater in the hallway was broken so it was cold in the hallway, too.
-We had to ask for extra towels almost everyday despite the fact that the cleaning people had already been there.
-We asked for a refrigerator & microwave in our room as their website said only some rooms had them & you had to request it. Our microwave worked OK, but the frig barely kept our food cold and we were afraid to eat the groceries we had stored in there.
-They put us right next to the very noisy elevator. They said it was the only room left with a frig/microwave despite the fact that I talked to some other folks that checked in after us and they had the frig/microwave in their room.

A couple good things:
-The continental breakfast was good and they had a belgian waffle maker that made yummy waffles.
-We checked out a day early and just started driving home that evening, instead of staying at this awful place the last night and leaving the following morning as was our original plan.

I would HIGHLY recommend the Vail area for an incredible winter vacation destination. The skiing and snowboarding was incredible as was the shopping, entertainment & dining in Vail. Our favorite restaurant that we found this time was Bully's Ranch in Vail. HIGHLY recommended for casual dining, great service and incredible food. I had the filet mignon - to die for!

Just don't stay at the Vail Valley Comfort Inn in Eagle, CO! (Their address is 0285 Market St, Eagle, CO)

8 Thank kindrakay
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eagle
BEST WESTERN PLUS Eagle Lodge & Suites
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Eagle CO
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Eagle
Comfort Inn Near Vail Beaver Creek
Christie Lodge
Christie Lodge
#4 of 7 in Avon
Inn and Suites at Riverwalk

Been to Comfort Inn Vail Valley? Share your experiences!