“Baby Cakes & Restaurant”
Review of Last Course - CLOSED

Last Course
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Denver, Colorado
“Baby Cakes & Restaurant”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I went for a dessert: macaroon and coffee, very nice treat. Also Baby Cakes - the wedding cake shop is housed here. We did a cake tasting at the restaurant Last Course before the wedding. They treated us really well with champagne too. There were many choices for cake flavors and fillings. Good thing I had family members with me to help with the picking. The cake was delicious, moist and reasonably priced. We also had a wonderful selection of cookies and macaroons. They tinted the cookies to match our wedding colors even without prompting. The cake was decorated with flowers from the florist. I was very pleased!

• Visited July 2012

Colorado
“EVERYTHING on the menue is delicious!”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Don't miss this gem, back in the corner next to the bookstore in Edwards shopping area! It has a cosmopolitan atmosphere with a dessert case to tempt you when you enter and great service and food to delight you when you sit down! The young owners are on their game with wonderful selections on the menu to tickle your tastebuds! I found the crab cakes with salad delectable and my friend had a turkey sandwich with all kinds of delicious additions! It's a small place but worth the search to find it!

• Visited December 2012
Vail,CO
“What a disappointment”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

First and last time I will go here. Too bad-Edwards could've used another good restaurant. Went for breakfast-thought we'd try something new and were thoroughly disappointed. The service was unforgivable; the waiter tried to offer us free juice to make up for his lack of experience. But like a dog, it's not his fault he doesn't know how to do things correctly-he wasn't trained properly. And there was no support in sight. No manager, no owner. Just a few staff who obviously don't have a vested interest in the success of this place. Our coffee was lukewarm and there were coffee grinds in it. The milk, which I had asked be steamed and frothed, was cold and therefore not frothy, but watery. The order was placed incorrectly and the food was lukewarm as well. And TINY! Egg benedict that was served with a fried egg, not a poached egg, and for $9 I expected 2 eggs not one. The omelet was decent, nothing special and also very small. No toast, or potato-just some tired fruit. Left feeling hungry and underwhelmed. I know the owners are local and I wish them well, but they need to show up if they want to be a success in this town.

• Visited November 2012
Vail, Colorado
“Cupcakes were terrible”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stopped in to Last Course for some dessert one night, right before they were closing around 8:00. It was a really cute little place - it would've been nice to sit down and stay if they were open later. After eating Batter cupcakes in Vail for so long, I admittedly have pretty high cupcake expectations and these fell FAR short. Everyone agreed they were terrible - dry and crumbly with just so-so frosting. Maybe it was because they had been sitting out all day, but I've had cupcakes at other places where they clearly sit out for a while and they did not taste as bad as this. The types of cupcakes had a lot of potential (innovative like key lime etc) but they definitely need to work on the baking process.

• Visited August 2012
Edwards, Colorado, United States
“A new little gem in Edwards”
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I've been for drinks, breakfast and now dinner. And have been pleasantly surprised each time. When I first saw the dinner menu, everything looked like it was something I would order. This week I went with a friend and we sat outside. We were delighted with the complimentary puff pastry twists or flatbread to start. When we asked our server if we should go with the ravioli or the flank steak, he recommended the steak. AMAZING! The steak had an awesome marinade and the purple potatoes were seasoned to perfection. We finished it off with a buttery pound cake. The vanilla bean anglaise was delish. Oh... and they tested out the new iced coffee on us. Fantastic! We have told many friends about our great experience there and hope that others can enjoy it as well!

• Visited June 2012