“Great food, bad customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Dive Fish House - CLOSED

Dive Fish House
Price range: US$3 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Highway 6
Description: Dive {fish house} is the newest incarnation from Pollyanna Forster + Chris Irving. Dive is located in the former dish restaurant + bar space in edwards colorado. With a spectacular oyster and crudo bar, a seafood-centric menu which also includes gorgeous steaks, chicken and pork presentations, dive is your vail valley seafood destination. We get our seafood flown in daily from both coasts and the Hawaiian Islands. Dive's new look transports you to maritime France with cool seaglass blues, vintage milk glass chandeliers, and rich aquamarine velvet drapes. Our beverage program focuses on handcrafted cocktails like the "20 order" punch and a well curated wine list of crustaceous loving varietals. Come in for a few oysters and a glass of champagne and stay for the amazing menu + ambiance.
Silverthorne, Colorado
“Great food, bad customer service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Food was great, bartender was great.

When we ordered our dinner the server told us that not all of the dishes would come out together - which was fine. But then when they were brought out mine was brought out incorrect. So the server took it back. 30 minutes later, way after everyone else at the table had finished my meal was brought out. I just wanted to go home at this point and the server asked if I would like a box. At this point we received the bill, which didn't have our bar tab drinks on it. She then came back and added in all the bar tab as well as charged me for the dish that came 30 minutes late and incorrect. Server was nice - but anyone in customer service should know this should not be charged. I ended up leaving the meal untouched.

• Visited August 2012

Vail, Colorado
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

We tried dish a while back when they had a tasting menu and were not that impressed. We decided to give it another try and I am so glad we did. We loved our experience this time. They start you off with complimentary truffle popcorn while you decide on what to get. We started with “The Original” which is a slice of serrano jamon, a bite of manchego served with a shot glass of sherry for dipping and drinking. It was a delicious little bite and only $1. All of their entrees are also available as a half order (half the portion and half the price). We order two half orders and it was the perfect amount with room for dessert. We ordered the fried chicken and the panang curry shrimp. Both dishes were equally delicious and creative. There are a lot of carrots in the shrimp which I thought was great but my husband thought there were too many. We ordered the angel food doughnuts and they were melt in your mouth scrumptious. I can’t wait to go back and try some of their other offerings.

• Visited August 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious food, generous portions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Tapas style but entree portions are very generous. Loved the brussel sprouts (they really make them taste good!), salmon, and fried chicken with grilled watermelon and pickled watermelon rinds. Fun coctails, but they were small for the price.

• Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
“Great food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Great staff with very good Tapas. Open kitchen so the staff is on display and at there best.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Coondogg
Sugar Land
“Fun wonderful food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My husband and I loved Dish. It's away from the glitz and $$ of Vail and Beaver Creek, and worth the short drive to Edwards. The menu varies, but the $1 serrano shooter is a staple that you must try...salty, with sweet sherry...yum! Do not fill up on the complimentary truffle oil popcorn. It is tasty, but the appetizers and entrees are better. My husband tried the tasting menu, which is a great value, offering the shooter, soup, an appetizer (his were delicious asian style brussel sprouts), a fish entree, a meat entree, and dessert (a delicous dark chocolate pudding with ginger). My squash was delicious, and I enjoyed the duck confit entree. The lemon blackberry trifle was wonderful. Service was friendly & helpful. Value was excellent. We will return.

Visited March 2012