“lovely gem in the rockies”

Inn and Suites at Riverwalk
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Edwards
Thailand
“lovely gem in the rockies”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Dropped in to the Inn unannounced. In-person booking. Off-season, so there was some construction - the staff handled it perfectly.

Great room - comfy, clean. Great shower. (weary traveler...)

Awesome staff: Nathan provided excellent service. He has hospitality in his blood.

Great breakfast - nice location convenient to the entire Vail Valley.

So happy, I booked a second night.

Room Tip: I had two: 2nd and 3rd floors - both were good.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank PaulieWalks
innatrw, General Manager at Inn and Suites at Riverwalk, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
We are so glad that you found us and enjoyed your stay! Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Kim Newbury

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Boulder, CO
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This place is a little slice of affordable heaven in an otherwise very expensive part of CO. We've stayed here in both the winter and the summer. The pool was great in the summer for the kids and the location to Beaver Creek for skiing in the winter is totally convenient. There's a ton of stores, coffee shops, restaurants, grocery and even a movie theater within the same complex. There's also a great paved path that runs behind the hotel on the river. My kids rode their scooters up and down that path and played in the river for hours. The rooms were clean, the bed was comfy and the staff was super nice and accommodating. Can't go wrong at the Inn and Suites at Riverwalk!

Room Tip: There are a few rooms with balconies available. We had one overlooking the mountains for no extra c...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Msmarcil
innatrw, General Manager at Inn and Suites at Riverwalk, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
I am so happy that you (and your kids) enjoyed both our hotel and our community. We feel extremely lucky to have a spot in the "locals favorite" Riverwalk area, with tons of shops, restaurants, and activites right outside of our front door. As a parent myself, I know the added value of having great amenities - such as the Riverwalk path, the Eagle River, and the movie theater - that help to keep the kids entertained during a trip! I hope to have a chance to meet you personally on your next stay with us.

Durango, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 2 November 2012

We really enjoyed our stay in one of the condo units. The Riverwalk is a very active area with lots of restaurants to choose from and shopping too. We stayed there while recovering from surgery at the new Vail Valley Surgery Center and it was easy access with parking in the garage, an elevator up to our floor and easy to get around in the suite on crutches. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and the room was clean and well-appointed. TV's are a little small but hopefully you're not stuck inside with only that to do. We will be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
innatrw, General Manager at Inn and Suites at Riverwalk, responded to this review, 5 November 2012
We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to post your review. I am so pleased that our facilities were convenient and comfortable for you during your recovery. The Vail Valley Surgery Center is a great addition to our community, and we are so glad that we can offer nearby accommodations for folks who need a place to stay after surgery. While I do not hope that you need to schedule another visit for surgery, I do hope that we see you again next time you are in the area for vacation!

Best regards,

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I stayed here during the summer on a motorcycle trip. The location is nice and handy to some very nice parts of Colorado. The desk clerks were helpful and there is a nice little village with restaurants, shopping, etc.

You have to use your key card in the elevator, and it didn't always work.

The room was defiintly nice than average. They want to be a luxury style hotel, but it has a little homegrown feel to it.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
innatrw, General Manager at Inn and Suites at Riverwalk, responded to this review, 2 November 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. Since we are a family-owned and operated hotel (and not part of a chain), we do tend to have a bit of a "homegrown" feeling, and I am so glad that you recognized and enjoyed that aspect of our hotel. We hope to see you again next summer!

Beaver Creek, Colorado
Reviewed 4 October 2012

This place is clean, the beds are comfortable, and it's in a fabulous location. I used to live in the Valley and I love Edwards (lots more locals than many of the other areas, so it's slightly busier/more fun during the off season). You can walk to many restaurants and shops- including my Vail Valley fav Dish! It's a bargain, even during the busy seasons. You will have to drive or take a bus a little ways to hit the slopes during ski season, but it's still very convenient. We stayed as a couple, but it's a family friendly spot too.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kissum
innatrw, General Manager at Inn and Suites at Riverwalk, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to submit your review. I am so pleased that you found Inn & Suites at Riverwalk to be a good value and that you appreciated our location. As you mentioned, we are fortunate to be in the "center" of the Valley's activity, particularly in the off-season when other areas seem quite slow and we still have the hustle and bustle attributable to a year-round local population. I hope that we have a chance to host you again during the ski season - we'll be sure to have our free shuttle to Beaver Creek warmed up for you!

All the best,

Wyoming, Michigan
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I came to Edwards on business and was only planning on staying for a few days. My stay turned into a month and the hotel and staff went out of their way to accommodate my needs. I stayed in several rooms and all were very clean, quiet and great. The staff was professional, kind, and friendly. The Inn and Suites at Riverwalk was an amazing place to stay, I would recommend this place to friends, family and co-workers.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank C S
We really appreciate your taking the time to submit your review. I am so glad that your extended stay with us was a good one - we strive to make our guests feel at home no matter if they stay one night or several weeks. I do hope that we see you again in the near future!

Westminster, Colorado
Reviewed 28 September 2012

We stayed here with other members of your family to attend a family member's wedding.
The suite or I would call it a condo had a full kitchen two bedrooms and two baths. We had never stayed at this location before.
I was afraid we would be stuck in some poorly made, over priced, underserved, resort in the off-season.
To my pleasant surprise, this was not the case. The rooms were inviting, the air conditioning worked well and they were clean and welcoming.
My only complaint is the lobby is not easily accessible from the suites / condos. Other wise I would have given the place a higher rating.

Room Tip: I didn't rate the Swimming Pool or the Spa because we were there for a family event and I don...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
We are so glad that you discovered Inn & Suites at Riverwalk and enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the Rocky Mountains.

Kim Newbury
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edwards
Christie Lodge
The Pines Lodge, A RockResort
#4 of 18 in Beaver Creek
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Eagle CO
Comfort Inn Vail Valley

Been to Inn and Suites at Riverwalk? Share your experiences!