“Good value in a pricey area”

Inn and Suites at Riverwalk
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Edwards
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We have a daughter who lives in the area and have stayed here many times. It is a disappointment that the breakfast is no longer included. However, the hotel is located in the Riverwalk shopping center, and there are a bakery, restaurants, Starbucks and a grocery store within walking distance. There is also a good walking/biking trail by the river that goes up to Freedom Park. We stayed on the river side and let the river put us to sleep. The rooms are not fancy, but the beds were comfortable. You must reserve a deluxe room to get a refrigerator and microwave. Ask for a room away from the dumpster: there are restaurants on the ground floor with morning pickups. The outdoor pool area is very nice with towels provided in a bin.
The hotel's greatest asset is its desk staff. The are all helpful and friendly. Gus is a longtime employee and does a great job. We're always happy to see him again. There are so many things to do and ways to spend your money in the Vail Valley. We'd rather economize a bit on our lodging and spend more on the cultural and outdoor opportunities.

Room Tip: Riverside away from dumpsters
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank travelynn47

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here again for the start of the Vail Bravo! music festival because it allows dogs and is less expensive than hotels in Vail. However, it has discontinued including breakfast in the bar adjoining the hotel. And it now charges $25 per dog for the first night and $5 for each additional night. It is not the value that it once was. The location is still very nice, particularly if you get a room on the north side with a balcony. The sound of the Eagle River (running high this year) is lovely as an aid for sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
innatrw, General Manager at Inn and Suites at Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

We strive to provide comfortable accommodations at an affordable price, and sincerely hope our guests enjoy the value of our wonderful location, great service, and the “freebies” that we do include such as parking and high-speed wi-fi. We are proud to allow our guests to bring their pets, as we know for many the pet is a “member of the family”, and have always charged a very nominal fee to allow for the additional housekeeping services that are required in a pet room. While we have not included a free breakfast for quite some time, we do provide Vail Mountain Coffee and artisan homemade biscotti each day to help give folks the boost to find one of the affordable, delicious local breakfast spots within walking distance of the hotel. I am sorry that you were disappointed with some of our services, but am glad to hear that you enjoyed our location and slept well while you were with us. I certainly hope that you will consider staying with us again if you are in the area.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stayed two nights with friends while hiking in the area over the weekend. It's a little weird when you get there because the hotel is in a retail 'horseshoe' development with a bank, shops and many restaurants along along the way, so there isn't really separate parking, but that worked out OK.

PROS

+ Good location

+ Bar/restaurant downstairs for watching World Cup

+ Plenty of restaurants to walk to

+ Riverwalk was nice - would be great for a bike ride or stroll

CONS

- A/C didn't have a thermostat, so it was hard to regulate the temp at night, and it would get a little noisy at times

- Hole in window screen

I've seen some people complain about no breakfast buffet, but we were up and gone too early to care. However, there's a bakery just up the way (2 min walk) that opens at 7am.

It's nothing fancy for what you pay, but a solid place to stay, and we met and spoke with a few friendly locals, which enriched the experience.

Room Tip: This is a pretty quiet area, so I don't know that it matters. We were on the third floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank thunderable
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Went to Lacrosse Tournament at Freedom Park. I wanted a place to stay that was close to it. Grand daughter only played 1 game that morning (7-1) Found the hotel and thought I might be able to check in a little early. The young man and the desk said yes we can and you can have a FREE upgrade. My room had a little deck that looked out over the loading bay and a huge dumpster. Whoo Hoo!! I immediately went back and question the FREE upgrade and its view and NOISE. He offered another room or I could wait until 3:00. I stayed and checked out the next day. Went to lounge by the Pool, Ask at the desk for towels, Was advised that there were towels in a bin by pool.....Nope, No towels, walked back to tell him no towels. My whole experience at this place was very disappointing. Exspensive for what you get. Carpet old and soiled in rooms and hallways. My toilet was not clean, grossed me out. I will never stay at this place again. I knew I should have stayed at the Tivoli in Vail.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Paulette B
innatrw, General Manager at Inn and Suites at Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

I sincerely apologize that you did not have a good stay in our hotel. While I am glad that we were able to accommodate your early arrival, I am so sorry that you were disappointed with the view in the upgraded room. We definitely want all of our guests to feel welcome and comfortable, and I would love to personally discuss this with you to see if I can help resolve your concerns and earn your return business. Please feel free to call me directly at 970-766-2252.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Front desk male worker on 7/2 in the afternoon was nice, friendly and customer-service oriented. The suites are nice with great views on either side…but here is kicker: We are staying here for one week and have noticed that the housekeepers in the one bedroom suites on the third floor of the building next to the administration bldg. sit around... A LOT!!! They like sitting around people's rooms, taking long breaks and socializing with each other. Notwithstanding the two hour lunch, we asked one of the four who were sitting down to clean our room, and they while lounging on another's rooms sofa across the hall, "yes, we will get to it." Makes me wonder if anyone has had a similar experience????

Room Tip: Ask for the suites facing away from the Main St.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

We appreciate all feedback from our customers, and certainly strive to provide great customer service to all of our guests. I am sincerely sorry that you had a bad experience with our housekeeping staff, and the service you received definitely does not reflect our regular standards. I will work with our Housekeeping Manager to improve our staff training and service. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Inn and Suites at Riverwalk is a nice place, nothing exceptional, but it is in a fantastic location. You couldn't ask for a more centrally located hotel in Edwards. I have no complaints about the inn itself. The rooms are ok. The pool area is nice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at this hotel. The bed was great, The Staff very friendly and helpful. The pool and hot tub area were gorgeous, right by the river. I've never enjoyed a property more!!!! We plan on going back as much as we can!! The restaurant and bar in this hotel was a very pleasant surprise and the food was very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edwards
The Pines Lodge, A RockResort
Beaver Creek Lodge
#3 of 18 in Beaver Creek
3 mi away
The Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch

Been to Inn and Suites at Riverwalk? Share your experiences!