“Only Okay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
clearwater
“Only Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Nice rooms but no bathtub. Sheets smell slightly of perfumed and that bothers me, maybe not you. Beds semi-comfortable. Wonderful kitchen. TV is a bit small, maybe 32 inches. Stayed before and was good but this time service lacking, staff seemed 'bothered' by our requests four housekeeping. Room not ready when we arrived (on time). Very nice area. Reasonable rates. We had two rooms.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

DKirbySup, Front Office Supervisor at Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thanks for taking the time to give us a review online! Helps us keep an eye out for things we're doing well, or can be doing better.

I'm sorry you were under the impression that our staff might have been bothered by requests for housekeeping service. I can assure you that my staff knows this is not something to be bothered by and is obviously well within our everyday services. Right now, I've been working with my staff on how to better handle times and situations where things get very busy and hectic at the desk. I will admit that sometimes they seem to be getting a little overwhelmed with all of the things they have to handle during our busy season, and I suppose I'm not terribly surprised that they may have occasionally given the wrong impression. I'm working with them daily and developing some new training procedures to educate everybody on how to best handle busy situations and manage their stress during the day, so this sort of thing doesn't happen again. I've done this before, and I can assure you that the next time you happen through Denver, things should be quite a bit more pleasant ;)

Thanks for you time!

Front Office Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Colorado City, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have been to several Homewood Suites all over this country including this one before and had nothing but excellent stays at them. For some reason, this stay was not to the standards of Homewood Suites and the Hilton brand I am loyal too. The pool was filthy and looked to not be cleaned in days. Our room was never cleaned while we were there, even though we were told it would be. The staff was the five star though in this hotel. They went beyond to compensate my room, thus why I gave it three stars on the review! I have been to this one before a couple of year ago and it was five stars all around. Hopefully this was just a fluke weekend and this hotel is not like this all the time!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
DKirbySup, Front Office Supervisor at Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thanks for taking the time to rate our hotel online. It does help us identify some areas we should be focusing on when it comes to improving our services. With the pool, between the time you filled this out and the present time, we've realized we have needed to be doing some things differently with the pool to make sure it's in pristine condition with our increased occupancy, especially over the weekends. We have actually already taken new measures to make sure our system can handle increased usage, and even I have personally been trained on how to manage the pool system and surrounding area to ensure we don't let any of its condition slip in the future.

As far as the room never being cleaned, it sounds to me like there may have been a miscommunication issue. At any hotel, sometimes mistakes can be made, but for it not to get cleaned the entire time means that somebody along the chain of communication must have been under the impression that your room was identified as "do not disturb" status. This is usually just something indicated by the do not disturb sign being hung on the door, but there are other reasons that may have happened. Either way, it sounds like you informed the staff that you'd like it cleaned, so this definitely should have happened at some point, and I apologize for that not happening. I see that you opted for our Hilton 100% guarantee, so I'm hoping that at least helped a little bit for the places where we may have done better.

Don't be afraid to contact us again at some point if you have any further questions or would like to let us know anything else about your stay!
Phoenix
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This Homewood Suites is an outstanding facility. We were visiting family and friends in the Denver area and its location made it very easy to visit our family. We were extremely satisfied with the hotel, its staff and the overall experience. Will definitely stay here on future trips to Denver.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

DKirbySup, Front Office Supervisor at Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thanks, Phil!

It's great to know you took the time to write us this wonderful review. I guess I'll be seeing you sometime in the near future!

Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Another positive Hilton experience. Traveled to Colorado for a wedding and decided to make a vacation out of it. There were 5 of us so we opted for the 2 bedroom suite. Plenty of room, parking and amenities. Toiletries are Neutrogena products. Fantastic free (full) breakfast and managers dinner/reception with wine and beer. The full breakfast is every morning and the managers dinner is Mon-Thursday. Staff was very helpful and courteous (Hilton Honors welcome board with our names on it was a nice touch also). Pool is indoor and very basic. Workout room is small with a few treadmills and free weights but no benches. There is a Mall right down the street and everything is easily accessibly from I-25. Check in and out was fast and efficient. About a 20 min drive to Denver Airport (w/ no traffic). This property exceeded my expectations and I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: A 2 bedroom suite has plenty of room for 5 people with room to move around.
1 Thank Chris G
Thanks for taking the time to write this wonderful review! Yes, those 2-bedroom suites are quite nice and spacious (and popular, we tend to sell those fairly quickly, so to anybody else reading: Be sure to book as soon as possible to snag one). It's always nice to hear about how well we are doing, and we really appreciate your attention and business!

Thanks a bunch, and I hope to see you again sometime in the future!

Colorado Springs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This Homewood Suites has become one of my favorites. It is very clean and comfortable, offers reasonable rates, and provided us with a nice, quiet night's sleep. Check-in was smooth and actually fun. (Special thanks to Heather at the front desk.) In fact, I'd say the staff members are superior! They create such a sense of welcome and comfort for the guests, that we didn't see a single grumpy guest during our stay!
The only tiny down side to our stay was that we found the breakfast area counters to be covered in spills. The staff were, indeed, working hard to keep everything filled and helping where needed, but if someone could have taken a bit of time to quickly wipe off spills as they walked through, that would have been helpful. The food was tasty and there was a decent variety of offerings. However, we were disappointed in the waffle flavor offerings. Two flavors were offered -- strawberry and chocolate. No plain waffle flavor. :-(
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel and will plan to stay there again if the need arises.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It's great to see that although there were a couple of things to point out that we could be doing better, you still gave us high marks! Thanks for that, I'm very happy that we were able to create a good experience for you. I've definitely taken note of the things you've noticed about the breakfast area, and I will directly communicate with our kitchen staff about them today!

I hope to see you sometime again in the future!

Sherman, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel was a very pleasant surprise. The staff was extremely helpful & professional. The rooms were wonderful and spacious with all amenities provided. Having breakfast and dinner and drinks provided was a great addition to our stay, appreciated the daily menu posted in our room. Hotel was quiet, clean and efficient and we had a great stay (almost 2 weeks). The location was really good for us. Would recommend this hotel to everyone and will stay there again when we visit CO.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

I'm glad you enjoyed our evening reception. That is a nice pleasant surprise for many ;) We try to do our best to make sure your stay is pleasant and accomodating. It's always nice to hear about how well we are doing, so I will share your review with our staff so we can keep up the good work and keep our eye on the things we do best. Hope to see you again sometime in the future!

Albuquerque, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I selected this property because of its access to the Denver Tech Center and I-25. I have only great things to say about my stay here. The staff was phenomenal. The property was well-kept, and the room was better than I expected. I have no qualms about recommending this property if you are going to be in the DTC, Greenwood Village, Centennial, or Inverness areas.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Wow! Thanks for the great response! It's always nice to hear about how well we are doing, so I will share your review with our staff so we can keep up the good work and keep our eye on the things we do best. Hope to see you again sometime in the future!

Front Office Supervisor
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Inverness Hotel and Conference Center
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center

Been to Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!