“Anniversary trip”

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Pueblo, Colorado
“Anniversary trip”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Easy access to shopping, entertainment, dining, as well as the rail system taking you anywhere. Rooms were comfortable and clean, with staff very accommodating. Excellent restaurant in the hotel which makes it easy to dine in without having to leave to go to a restaurant. Short trip to Park Meadows Mall.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Durango
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

I'm here now, just checked in and ess surprised to find out that this hotel won't accept my Hilton Honors Platinum membership card because; 1. Our rooms were booked through a third party website by my logistics coordinator, and 2. Because all of the 7 rooms we booked were booked under one name. I stay at Hilton's all across the world about 120 days a year and have never had this problem before. Some Hiltons won't give me the points for my stay but they always put my number in as well as my name so I at least get credit for my night. And because I can't log in to the internet with my name and membership number, I can't get high speed internet. I called down to complain and have not heard anything from a manager. I'm going to recommend to my logistics coordinator that my team not stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Shauna D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for the review of our hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. If I was aware that you were expecting a manager to contact you, I would have liked to have the opportunity to speak to you in person. I am sorry that I did not receive your message.

Some Third Party booking sites prefer to be invoiced by the Hotel and in those cases the Hotel cannot make any changes to the reservation which includes the name the reservation was placed under. We do in fact add Hilton Honors Member numbers to these reservations. There must have been some confusion as to what was being requested since these reservations are not eligible for points. I apologize for any confusion on behalf of our staff and will use the information you have provided for further training. My suggestion has been at the time the reservation is placed insuring that the name on the reservation is the name of the person intended to check in. This way any problem at check in will be less likely and each guest will be able to check-in even in the event the group becomes separated before arrival. I understand that you had a logistics coordinator who made the arrangements for your team and this might be out of your control. My hopes are that something can be arranged in the future in regards to the policy of these sites.

At this location the internet access is evenly distributed between all registered guests, eliminating any possible preferential treatment of some guests. We try to keep the access to the internet as easy as possible, though because we use the registered name and room number I can understand the problem you could have had if you did not know the name the reservation was under. Our front desk staff is trained to help with any connection issues and can provide a promotion code for a log-in as well.

We hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future and demonstrate our improvement. We care about you and do not want to lose your patronage.

Assistant General Manager
San Diego, California
Reviewed 30 December 2013

While the hotel is staffed with nice staff and is clean, when there are service issues they do not respond appropriately. Our expensive breakfast was cold due to a power issue. Beds lumpy. Also, be warned that HILTON will penalize their HHonors members if they book with Expedia by not providing the guest with the Honors Points. Not smart of a "loyalty" program.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Brad L
Shauna D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Please allow me to apologize on behalf of the hotel for what was a disappointing experience. Our intention is to provide the best experience possible for all guests and when we fail in this regard we are all very disappointed. We are looking into what occurred with our breakfast offerings the morning you mentioned that the food was cold. We were not aware of any issues with our equipment and this will be taken care of immediately. You should have been offered some type of service when you brought this to the attention of the staff and I am surprised that the situation was handled as stated. Our staff is almost always extremely caring of our guests and will always offer a solution to any challenge.

We do frequently hear that guests would like points credited to them when booking through third party sites. My hopes are that something can be arranged in the future in regards to the policy of these sites. It is a trade off when getting an outstanding deal that points are not credited but I agree with you that members should be recognized.

We hope that we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future and demonstrate our improvement. We care about you and do not want to lose your patronage due to our service failures.

Assistant General Manager
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was our fourth stay at this Hilton property and it was very nice. We love the breakfast and the location. We travel to the south Denver area to visit our children/grandkids and this hotel is always quiet and convenient. We always stay in a top floor, golf course view room which helps with any noise. The hotel does host events such as weddings and sports teams so room/floor choice can be critical on weekends.

delray beach fl
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The property is very nice and staff exceptionally friendly and helpful. Business hotel and location. In the tech center, close to highway, shopping and plenty of restaurants, etc. You will need a car. It's down the street from the client I visit, and I'm a 3-4x a year visitor. Breakfast is not included in the hotel fee and a little pricey for the breakfast - you're paying for the convenience and it's a buffet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Parker, United States
Reviewed 25 December 2013

The property is very nice, the public areas are very clean and contemporary. The free shuttle runs extremely limited hours and is not even worth the effort (not available after 11 am on Friday or during the weekend at all). Nothing is within walking distance so you must have a car to stay here.

1 Thank Julie V
Shauna D, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are sorry that our shuttle service did not meet your expectation. Recently an assessment had been completed to update our shuttle services. Your feedback is very valuable to our continued effort to improve our hotel and the services we provide. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we are able to update the information at the front desk. If there is anything you would like to elaborate on further please feel free to contact us. We hope that you will allow us to make up for our error by allowing us to have you has our guest again in the future.
Orlando, United States
Reviewed 23 December 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn Denver South/Meridian is the perfect place to stay for the business traveler looking for quality, comfort and care. The condition of the hotel common areas and the rooms are excellent, and the staff is delightful, helpful and professional.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center
Hilton Denver Inverness
Hilton Denver Inverness
#3 of 23 in Englewood

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area? Share your experiences!