“Wonderful Romance Package”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Surprised my husband with a overnight getaway and this package was perfect! Service was top notch,room was cozy, champagne and strawberries were a total bonus! Staff was welcoming and accomodating.We will be back.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jeff M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn Denver South is a great place to getaway. We have additional packages that fit every type of stay. The restaurants in our area, near the Park Meadows Mall provide a great location to enjoy yourself, and relax. Congratulations again!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I like staying at this hotel. Easy in, easy out. Facilities for meeting with others available if needed. Food is good. Nice virtual office for printing, etc., if needed. Room amenities are nice. The area is well kept and easily accessible from main roads.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jeff M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for the comments in regards to your visit. We are pleased that you found our hotel to be a great place. Our hopes are to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Excellent Front Desk Personnel! We enjoyed our stay. We especially enjoyed the baked treats during the day. The friendly staff made our stay a pleasure. We would visit again and recommend the hotel. Thank you for ALL that you do for your guests. It was a real pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the great feedback! Our team works really hard every day to make this the best hotel in our area. They are extremely proud to learn that their hard work is noticed and appreciated by one of our highly respected guests. The team's goal is to ensure that every guest has a great experience. We are confident in our promise that if you give us the opportunity we will take great care of you.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

2 years ago I stayed at the same property after Marriott was sold out and gave this property a very good review on value and service. Sadly this trip rates poor..and that is being extra generous. The Hotel had a conference and it was obvious although the rate was very high for this type of property, you were treated as a second class guest. I am a Gold member and they rushed my check-in (even though no other guests), did not acknowledge my membership and the fact I get breakfast included. Service the next morning at the hotel restaurant was awful. First the male waiter continued to place the conference guests ahead of my colleague and myself and service was very slow (asked for decaffeinated coffee 6 times before his colleague..Christina rescued me with a cup. I had to go ask for my elite voucher for the breakfast.I left a generous tip that my colleague was surprised given the dreadful service. All in all a very poor showing and treatment by this property to a Gold member. Next time Candlewood Suites next door that was 1/3 of the $210+ price

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jeff M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

We regret that this experience was not up to your standards. The area did host a conference which filled up most hotels, and our rate was equivalent to what was being offered by other hotels in the same class. Our hotel does not have any second class guests, regardless of rank, and I am sorry to learn that this was perception. You are a valued guest at our hotel and throughout Hilton. I regret that I was not made aware of any situations during your stay, as I personally would have wanted to demonstrate our care for you. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to make this situation right for you. Please contact me directly so that I can speak with you personally. We appreciate your loyalty and patronage more than words can express. I would like to demonstrate that to you.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

nice place, they were out of laundry soap and I was given some free of charge. It was an overall great place just a little hard to find, had to go around in a circle and then ask for directions. But the setting is nice, right nest to a golf course.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are pleased to learn that your stay was excellent. Our team works hard to provide the best possible experience. When given the chance they will always go out of their way to show our guests that we appreciate them. Thank you and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

This used to be one of our favorite HGI's....first stayed here in 2000 and loved the location, the hotel room, the breakfast and the housekeeping. Then, the last three stays, we have had the same issue--returning to a dirty, unmade room. Leave our room in the morning, by 8:30 and back later in the afternoon, 4 or 5, and open the door to find the room not serviced. First time, we understood and simply spoke to housekeeping. Second time, spoke to the front desk staff and the GM and he said he would fix and it would never happen again. After that I did not want to come back, but my wife still liked to the location, so we tried again. As we were driving back today, my wife joked about them not having the room clean again. Guess what? Turned out to not be a joke. And the front desk attendant and the general manager both attributed it to the housekeeping staff not getting all the room done. Really? You think? GM admits he lets us down. But not until suggesting we should have told them when we were going to be back so they could have the room cleaned by then (despite we did that the second time and we the same issue). Really, that is how Diamond members need to handle it? Suffice to say, we will not be coming back here again. And we strongly recommend others do not either, if you expect a clean room, without micromanaging the hotel staff....

Room Tip: Go to another Hilton, perhaps the Hampton Inn Suites off Lincoln and I-25.
1  Thank JDB1958

Most of the guests that stay at our hotel are very happy with the service and quality. It is unfortunate when situations arise that disappoint any guest and we are apologetic that this was the case. Our housekeeping staff begins to work on rooms at 9am up until 5pm, on most weekends. As I suggested and still maintain, having simple communication with the hotel on expectations that our guests require can be handled effectively if we are made aware of what they are. Many rooms are cleaned later in the day and if that is a challenge all we need is to be aware, and we can accommodate any specific request. We understand your sentiment and it is unfortunate that we were unable to provide the expectation. Our hopes are that the compensation, requested and granted, was sufficient in maintaining our promise to our guests.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was here a few days on business. Check-in was the fastest I've ever experienced. I basically put my credit card on the counter and 30 seconds later I got my room key. No muss, no fuss, no paperwork to fill out. Very impressive. Unless you enjoy waiting or chatting with desk staff for 10 minutes while they tap their keyboard 100 times like at some hotels.

The room was average - on the small side with two beds, a desk, and armchair. Everything was clean and the bathroom was fine. I haven't stayed in a Garden Inn for a long time so not sure if they're all like this. There was a Keurig coffeemaker with several coffees and a tea packet along with a microwave and fridge. I appreciated the 2 water bottles in the room as Denver is a dry place and you need to stay hydrated.

My issues were that I worked late and when I got back to the hotel on two nights the "restaurant" (if you can call it that) had closed well before the posted hour of 10 PM. I guess business was slow so they closed up shop early. So if you're hungry you have a few choices - purchase something from the snack shop, get a cab or shuttle, or walk to one of two nearby restaurants.

There's apparently a Mexican place close to the hotel but the desk staff advised me to walk to the Clocktower bar and grill. That was kind of a long walk and it was dark, cold, and windy. You have to cross the highway in a pedestrian bridge and the roads are not lighted - no sidewalks either.

On the next night I didn't feel like walking so I looked for something edible in the shop. I got a frozen dinner and a cup of hummus. That totaled $13 which is kind of pricey for things that cost about $2 each in a grocery store.

Breakfast was $12.95 for a buffet. Most of the items were exactly like a Hampton Inn or other free-breakfast place. The difference is that a "chef" will make eggs or omelets to order. I ordered 2 eggs over medium and they arrived way too firm (so much for "to order"!). There was also prepared scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, and French toast slices which were cold and underdone. I suppose I should have stuck with cereal and granola - hard to mess that up but when you're paying $12.95 plus tip and tax you kind of want a decent meal. Oh, well.

The lobby was comfortable and relatively quiet except for a TV blaring ESPN. There are newspapers and places to relax. The fitness room had 2 treadmills and an elliptical along with a few free weights and an exercise ball that was underinflated. I didn't use the pool or hot tub although other people were in there at times. If you want to walk or run outside, there's a sidewalk that runs along a golf course.

If you want to stay here, better have a food plan in place! Other than the breakfast being expensive and no dinner if you get back late, it's an ok place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Jeff M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for the thorough review on your experience. We are pleased that our hotel provided you with a great experience. The team will take your experience to heart and ensure we improve upon the areas noted as this is always our ultimate goal. I'm certain that your feedback will assist us and we are grateful to you for your support. We hope to serve you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate
Hilton Denver Inverness
Hilton Denver Inverness
#3 of 23 in Englewood
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area? Share your experiences!