“DIRTIEST & WORST HOTEL EVER”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Montrose, Colorado
“DIRTIEST & WORST HOTEL EVER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Below is what I wrote to the hotel manager regarding our experience with Room #225 of this hotel last weekend (7/20/14 - 7/21/14)...
"This room was not cleaned to proper standards. The bathroom's tub was FILTHY! The shower (while taking a shower) had 2-3 inches of water -- at all times. As I turned on the water, I noticed "other people's hairs" all over the bottom of the tub and on the wall of the shower. Tried cleaning the shower myself (this was when I noticed the drain wasn't working), but was exhausted & tired ... I just "dealt with it". DISGUSTING!
From there...after my shower, I called the front desk and spoke with Charity to alert her NOT to rent this room again, until this room was properly cleaned, and the tub's drain was fixed.
P.S. -- Desk & Night Stand were "sticky". " I left this note in the room for housekeeping as well as gave it to the front desk for the manager the next day, upon check-out. The gentleman behind the desk asked if everything was okay with my stay, and when I explained our experience, all he said was he "couldn't believe it". WOW!!

This hotel is VERY OLD, with popcorn ceilings and old carpeting. It seems as though they've tried updating the furniture in the rooms to give the appearance of remodeling, but fixtures, A/C units, bed "frames" (mattresses were on plywood boards), etc. have yet to be "touched".

We stayed at the hotel a 1/2 mile down the road the night before, but they were booked solid on the night we stayed at this hotel. I highly recommend the Hampton Inn & Suites Denver South/RidgeGate @ 10030 Trainstation Circle, Lone Tree, CO. Not only was this hotel a newer one, but compared to the Hilton, it was a resort! The Hampton Inn is the way to go from now on!

Room Tip: Drive a 1/2 mile down the road to the Hampton Inn & Suites Denver South/RidgeGate --- much more...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Shane D, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know your thoughts during your stay towards the end of July. I want to apologize for the impression you had of our hotel. Typically are level of service is above standard and meet the expectation of our guests.

I would like to discuss your stay with you at your leisure to see where we can do better for future guests. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel. I look forward to speaking with you.

Shane Doss
303.824.1550

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Grand Junction
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn was great. They were friendly, helpful, and cheerful. The breakfast cook, Jesus, really stands out. He made omelets made to order every morning and kept the breakfast area well stocked. The bartender (blanking on his name) was also helpful and made us feel well taken care of for the stay.

The breakfast choices helped start the day off well, and there was enough to satisfy the vegan and the Atkins diets in our group. That in itself is outstanding.

The location was fairly easy to navigate, and there was a golf course near which provided an entertaining, lovely view.

I would stay here again with no qualms. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Golf course views are sold at extra on the 6th floor, but you could probably see the golf course on...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Shane D, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for the great words about the Hilton Garden Inn Denver South / Meredian. I can't wait to share you kind words with the staff, they do like hearing when they have provided an outstanding experience for our guests.

The cooked-to-order breakfast buffett is able to meet the dietary needs of most any of our guests. I am glad to hear that it did that for you, and that Jesus provided you with such great service.

As you mentioned, the hotel has a golf course within walking distance from the hotel. In addition, you can find many options for dining out with family or a business associate within minutes of the hotel via our courtsey shuttle service.

Thank you again for the great comments, and we look forward to seeing you at the Hilton Garden Inn Denver South / Meridian again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hotel is nicely updated and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The housekeeping team was mediocre at best and we had to track them down for supplies that should have been replenished daily, including toliet paper. The pool and hot tub are the smallest I have ever seen in a hotel, but they were nice and very clean. My kids didn't care - they enjoyed it anyway. Rooms are nicely appointed. TV channel selection was very limited. I prefer when hotels have Pay per view selections and this one did not. The restaurant was very good and the prices were so reasonable we ate at the hotel almost every meal. I appreciated that with kids - made it much easier.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Shane D, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I want to thank you for the overall positive review of our hotel. We work hard to ensure that each guest enjoys their visit and are able to take advantages of the amenities the hotel has to offer. Also, I am glad the restaurant was worked well for you and your family. The staff is always pleasant, and as you said, the prices are reasonable and makes The Garden Bar & Grill a great choice for dinner.

I want to apologize for the housekeeping department not meeting all of your expectations. What you described is not typical, and I will get with the housekeeping manager so we can review our processes.

Please join us again the next time you are in the Denver area.
Waukesha, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice hotel and comfortable rooms. The staff was was very helpful. The restaurant breakfast was nice. I was there for 4 nights and enjoyed my stay, I only wish they provided shuttle service to/from the airport - they only provide this in a 5 mile radius.

Stayed July 2014
Shane D, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for leaving your comments about our hotel. I love being able to share positive feedback with everyone, as it pumps them up and ready to help the next guest.

You are correct, we do not have a shuttle to the airport, but as you said we do go within a 5 mile radius. So, on your next trip to Denver we can get you to the many resturant or shopping choices at Park Meadows Mall, additional stores for dining and shopping also with in that radius as well...enough for a casual meal with the family or a high end establishment for those important business meetings.

Thank you again, and I hope to see you on future visits to the Denver area.

With Regards,
Shane
columbus, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

breakfast staff exceptional most friendly and efficient omelet chef ever, the hotel is a little hard to find in neighborhood, but is worth it and quiet when you find it. close to interstate 25 and to the train station

Timothy,

I want to thank you for the kind words you had to say about the hotel. Our staff loves to hear when they make positive impressions on guests, and I will certainly pass your comments on to the breakfast staff.

As you mentioned, the hotel is right off of I-25, and inside of the Meridian business park. There are a few turns to make it to the hotel, but if you need assistance in the future, please call the hotel and we will direct you right to us.

Also, like you said, the hotel is just a few minutes walk to the Lincoln Ave stop for the RTD Light Rail system. So you can avoid the hassles of driving through traffic and finding a place to park by taking a casual train right straight into downtown.

Thank you again, for the kind words, and if you can remember the names of any staff, or what day(s) you were at the hotel please feel free to email directly, shane.doss@hilton.com . I would love to be able to personally recognize the staff as well.

Shane
St. Louis, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I would think you would ask me about the things that were not reported not the issue that was handled properly. The room was too warm despite temperature set to on thermostat the temp only dropped 2 degrees in a 5 day stay. The Keurig Coffee maker was disgusting when I looked into the part the water went in. Black / brown build up. Also, even though I had used one the supply was not restocked the next day with more tea. The automated wake up call system called each day 2 minutes before the time set and then again at the time set. The first time no recording played. Why are there 2 phones in the room when the one in each room I have stayed in does not work? Remove it or put instructions on when and how it works. Room service - I placed an order for room service from the menu in the room. I was told it would be 30-40 minute wait. I was okay to wait because I appreciated the convience of the service. After one hour, no order was delivered. At that point it was after room service hours. The next day from in the restaurant I tried to order the same item to be told they no longer sell that item. NO ONE called me the night before to offer me another choice or tell me when I placed the room service order that the particular item was no longer offered. Overall, at this point I would not recommend my company to have employees stay here just for the location. Other team members have stayed at a lower rate at the Hyatt Place. I am willing to pay more if the quality is reliable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Shane D, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear June,

Thank you again for taking the time to communicate your concerns regarding your recent stay with our hotel. As I stated with an email directly to you, we are doing everything on our part to have our management staff look at the maintenance and housekeeping issues you pointed out in your survey comments.

I ask you as well to reach out me directly so we can determine what may have happened regarding your room service order, my contact information can be found in the previous email that I sent over to you on 07/22/14. At that time, I will be glad to discuss any part of your visit to our hotel.

Kingfisher, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our first time experience with this hotel was nothing short of wonderful. The entire staff is very kind, attentive, and eager to please, the cook was great...we gave him a nice tip. He was so extremely busy but he never complained and his main goal was to please his customers and with a smile in a very gracious and pleasant manner.

Thank Jeff D. F
I want to thank you for such a great comment about The Hitlon Garden Inn Denver South/Meridian and especially our staff. It really excites me to see when our staff makes a lasting impression on our guests.

I hope you had an opportunity to take advantage of our indoor pool or hot tub while visiting, or use the Light Rail Train that is just a few minutes walk from the hotel that can take you all the way downtown without the hassle of traffic and parking.

I look forward to seeing on furture visits to the Denver area, and thank you again for the kind words!

Best Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate
Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Element Denver Park Meadows
Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area? Share your experiences!