Below is what I wrote to the hotel manager regarding our experience with Room #225 of this hotel last weekend (7/20/14 - 7/21/14)...
"This room was not cleaned to proper standards. The bathroom's tub was FILTHY! The shower (while taking a shower) had 2-3 inches of water -- at all times. As I turned on the water, I noticed "other people's hairs" all over the bottom of the tub and on the wall of the shower. Tried cleaning the shower myself (this was when I noticed the drain wasn't working), but was exhausted & tired ... I just "dealt with it". DISGUSTING!
From there...after my shower, I called the front desk and spoke with Charity to alert her NOT to rent this room again, until this room was properly cleaned, and the tub's drain was fixed.
P.S. -- Desk & Night Stand were "sticky". " I left this note in the room for housekeeping as well as gave it to the front desk for the manager the next day, upon check-out. The gentleman behind the desk asked if everything was okay with my stay, and when I explained our experience, all he said was he "couldn't believe it". WOW!!
This hotel is VERY OLD, with popcorn ceilings and old carpeting. It seems as though they've tried updating the furniture in the rooms to give the appearance of remodeling, but fixtures, A/C units, bed "frames" (mattresses were on plywood boards), etc. have yet to be "touched".
We stayed at the hotel a 1/2 mile down the road the night before, but they were booked solid on the night we stayed at this hotel. I highly recommend the Hampton Inn & Suites Denver South/RidgeGate @ 10030 Trainstation Circle, Lone Tree, CO. Not only was this hotel a newer one, but compared to the Hilton, it was a resort! The Hampton Inn is the way to go from now on!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Garden Inn South Denver hotel features the perfect location for business or leisure travel just 15 minutes from downtown Denver. Take the free shuttle to both, the Denver Tech Center or shopping or the Park Meadows Mall. Enjoy the upscale onsite dining at the Garden Grille & Bar and Pavilion Lounge. And catch the light rail from the station, steps from the hotel and be at the game, concert or shopping and downtown dining with none of the stresses of parking or finding your way. Indoor pool with hot tub and fitness center to keep your exercise regimen going. Stay connected with complimentary Wifi and a 24 hour business center. Free shuttle service available to the Denver attractions and events within five miles from hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Denver South/Meridian Hotel Englewood
- Hilton Garden Inn Englewood
- Englewood Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Englewood