“Just a little uncomfortable”

Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Englewood
Reviewed 8 September 2006

This hotel comes highly rated by other Trip Advisors reviewers, but my experience was not quite as lovely as I would have expected. Admittedly, none of these is a "big" thing, but there were so many "little" ones, I thought it expedient to share. I found: 1) At check-in, someone else's hairs stuck to the soap dish in the shower. 2) The bedside lamp wasn't just not working - the entire on/off mechanism was entirely missing. I left written request (ignored) after my first night of not being able to curl up with my book. On day 2, I made an in-person request at the front desk and got a replacement. Seems like the housekeeper would have noticed. 3) The "business center" is comprised of one PC that was always loaded with pop-ups; on Day 2 someone had locked it down with "Net Kiosk" so that I could access my email but not the attachments. On day 3, an error message on the screen refused to be clicked away; I had to move it out of the way again and again in order to read my email. 4) I ate from the breakfast buffet twice; both occasions left me stressed to the max. The servers were very busy - the place was packed with guests. I was content to help myself to the buffet, but when I did (just like many others were doing), I got the distinct impression from the servers' facial expressions that I had done something wrong. (I don't drink coffee, so it seemed stupid to wait around for them to offer it to me so I could turn it down. ) While I was up at the buffet on Day Two, somebody cleared my table and took away my newspaper. When I returned, someone else was sitting there (as I said, the place was packed!) I could tolerate having to find a new table, but I really, really need my newspaper in the morning. All in all, I am delighted to have been able to check out ; I usually enjoy the HGIs but at this one, it was just one stupid thing after another.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Charla

Reviewed 25 April 2006

This is a fine hotel for a casual stay. Plenty of space in the rooms. Good Mexican restaurant next door. Convenient to the highway.

From efficient, friendly check-in until hassle-free check-out I have zero complaints.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank Modconjon
Reviewed 8 October 2005

The Hilton Garden Inn Meridian (South of the Tech Center) is an excellent, predictable business hotel. I stayed there over 10 times in the summer and fall of 2004, and never had any problem. The staff are very friendly and will greet you by name after a few stays. The hotel is clean, the rooms are quiet and the hotel is well maintained. This is typical of the Hilton Garden Inn chain in general. The breakfasts at this hotel are above average for an HGI, and there is wireless internet throughout. This is a great hotel for the business traveller or others who want no surprises.

4  Thank Just_IMHO
Colorado
Reviewed 19 September 2005

What a great place to stay if you like quiet, great views and excellent service. When going to Park Meadows after accessing I-25 take the County Line Road exit turn left and about 1/4 mile down turn left again. The rooms are updated and light, the beds are extremely comfortable and there is a refrigerator and microwave in each room. Really enjoy this hotel and their breakfast buffet (fee) in the morning and free parking.

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed 29 June 2005

This hotel is nicely furnished, clean, new or updated. The pool is a little small as is the spa. The rooms are nice and large and equiped with microwaves and refrigerators. I would stay at this hotel again.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed 21 February 2005

Had a late check in recently and the front desk clerk had all my stuff ready for me when I arrived. All the staff I came across were smiling and greeted me. Made me feel welcome.
Will be back again!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Mexico
Reviewed 17 January 2005

I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn with my aunt. The staff was so nice and helpful, offering to shuttle us to the nearby malls and restaurants. We were there for four days and it felt like home. I couldn't believe that their high speed internet service in the business center was free! They even offered us a complimentary wi-fi kit for our lap top while we were there...What a great place to stay, we will definatley be back.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate
Hilton Denver Inverness
Hilton Denver Inverness
#2 of 21 in Englewood
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Ramada Englewood Hotel & Suites

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area? Share your experiences!