“did not enjoy the stay : (”

The Commons Hotel & Suites - Denver Tech Center
Blue Springs
“did not enjoy the stay : (”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I am now on my third day here, and if I knew then what I know now, I would have picked another hotel. every day from around 6:30 until after midnight it sounds like kids jumping and running upstairs from me. they also rent these to live in. I sleep very little, and woke up last nite to get on line, it seems they changed the password, wish I had known! also the internet is quite slow. I am in a suite that had a fully stocked kitchen, so it said, NOT! there was dish wear for 3, no bake wear at all and no bowls (except cereal bowls), and the knife was so dull I had to buy one. and to top it off I am next door to the hotel laundry room, and housekeeping supply room. employees in and out, laughing and talking ALL DAY LONG. but I will give credit where it is due...the breakfast was quite good...so if you wanna come for breakfast, this is the place!

Room Tip: ask who is above you!...make sure you are not near the laundry or supply rooms!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank merrym00n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have stayed here three times now, the rooms and surroundings are worth far more than the price. It is located just a few blocks off I-25. The rooms have been flawlessly clean, and the front desk service has been excellent. We always leave early so I can't comment on the breakfast, but I would assume it would be in keeping with the rest of the amenities. We have made it our choice of places to stay in the Denver area. Definitely will stay there again.

Room Tip: BOOK EARLY. There are a limited number of rooms!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was very disappointed with experience. I asked for one of there renovated rooms and was told we were in a nice room that used to be there model room. Maintenance told me that was over 10 years ago. Upon checking in 1 of 4 keys works. Went inside and conditions were not clean --- dog hair on furniture, cracked countertops, clocks not adjusted for daylight savings, both toilets were not working properly and there were several ants on kitchen counter and sink. I tried to get a room change but was told it was not possible. Maintenance came and was very friendly. He fixed toilets and sprayed for ants but you know ants---- takes a lot of time to really get rid of them. Plus then the room stunk from the spray all night. We had a lot of ants the next day. We asked for a discount on room and were given $10 off which really is not acceptable. With that said the on duty manager was very friendly and seemed overwhelmed that I didn't have the heart to argue for more. She said they have ants in all there bottom level rooms because of time of year. They are old apartments renovated into extended stay suites. I was very uncomfortable there - it just did not seem clean at all.

Room Tip: Ask for newly renovated and upper level if you don't mind climbing the stairs.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank avirata
Lander, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We stayed here for a Saturday and Sunday in February. After doing some research I made sure to request a newly remodeled unit and it looked just like the pictures. It appears others that stay in this complex have differing experiences depending on what room they get. We had great, friendly service from the front desk. The beds were comfortable, the fireplace and appliances all worked. The bathroom and kitchen while remodeled still looked a little tired. The fixtures were quite dated and the appliances a little on the old side (but not too bad). The bedrooms and living/dining areas are great. New bedding, flat panel TV's and furniture. Bottom line is that I would stay here again as long as I could verify what room I was getting. The price is very resonable and the accommodations, while not top of the line, are comfortable and clean.

Room Tip: Call and ask for a newly remodeled room! I think they are located in building #2.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Logan, UT
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This place is just an old apartment complex that someone realized could make more money if they furnished it and called it a hotel rather than a furnished apartment. I am sorely disappointed! The fireplace doesn't work, the blinds don't close all the way, the couch is so old it scratches you to sit on it, the bathtub has a number of black spots, it is either dirty or missing chunks/peeling, hairs on the bed/comforter... How or why people are giving this place good reviews is beyond me! If you are looking for an old, ugly but furnished apt, fine, but compared to nice hotels, this place is a shame. The only good thing about it is its proximity to the Denver Tech Center. Service? missing pillows, sheets... went to get some, no workers there, we had to come back again later, they said some stuff they had, some was "on order" ... Suffice To say, we'll never be staying here again. And frankly I cant wait to leave. My kid asked if we could please leave within 5 minutes of being here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JacobNephi
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 12 November 2013

After a horrible extended stay hotel experience at a national chain, I was leary to try another. While in between houses, we needed a reliable, short term place for a minor surgery convalesce. The place was very well furnished (had a king 1 bedroom in building 2) and came with free breakfast and wifi, and daily housekeeping during the week. I found the staff very accommodating and friendly, although austere - they do a lot with very few resources. The location is great and within 1/2 mile of light rail - and they offer free transport. Gas fireplace, flat panel tv with numerous channels, full kitchen and dishwasher, double closets in the bedroom plus an additional flat panel tv in the bedroom with its own HD cable box. I will stay there again when in the Denver metro area. Thanks to front desk agent Dana for all her extra care and attention!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly remodeled room.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Denver, CO
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We had to find a temporary residence after our house sale/move hit a snag on closing dates and we did not want to pay for a hotel for a family (too close for comfort) and having to eat out 3 meals a day. Found the Commons Hotel after an exhaustive search.

Tried to check in about 1PM for a 3 week stay and was flat out told, “we don’t check in until 3”.
Got up to the room and it was very clean. The 1 bedroom suite is maxed out for room for 4 people, sharing a bathroom so it is a bit tight, but we have 2 kids so it was not too big of a problem. Had planned on bringing our dog ($10 a night) but we felt the room was too small and the area did not have much of a grassy area to use so we went with a kennel just for convenience sake.

There is not a lot of storage space (1 small closet at entry, 1 closet area (mini-walk in portion of the bedroom) and one 6-drawer space in the bedroom.
Small kitchen with no real pantry, so if you are planning on eating in a lot, you may want to use the countertop as we did for cereal, canned goods, etc.
All the appliances worked fine, no problems at all and we used them a lot! Another reviewer posted about loud/ineffective AC but ours did great for a string of 90+ days.

Be advised the 1 bedroom suite is made into a 2 bedroom by simply utilizing a door to an adjoining hotel style room. No big deal but the door is very thin and you can hear things through it. We lucked out and for our 3 weeks we only had 1 day of a dog barking, but no other major issues. Conversely, if you are staying in a single hotel style room

The area was very quiet. Parking can be tricky though as this is a mixed use apartment/long term housing. The hottub is broken with no plans to fix it but the pool was cool for the hot days this August.

Internet - If it’s the evening, it is a crap-shoot. No service is happened several times but was more common in the evening, my guess is when everyone else is trying to get on. I am an early riser and no problems before 7 AM but anything after 6:30 PM in the evening COULD be touchy to about 10PM. Some nights it had no problems at all.
Also, no matter what hour, streaming can be iffy. Some Netflix tv shows played fine, while others buffered every 1-2 minutes

Business center – is really just a computer. It can not open word files, PDF is fine, when I needed to print 3 pages for a meeting. They will send and receive faxes for you at the front desk.

Breakfast – Everyday but Sunday. Each day had waffle maker with some toppings available, mixed breads, mixed fruits, 2-3 choices of cereal, oatmeal, various milks and juices. Some days the waffle was blueberry.
Other rotating items, Saturday – no additional items. Monday – Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns. Tue - Scrambled eggs with sides of sausage and hash browns. Wed - Breakfast burritos with green chili sauce. Thurs – Ham egg and cheese croissants
Friday - Biscuits and gravy
This was the list the entire time we were there.

We spoke to a group from Japan and they enjoyed the stay as well since it was a quick walk to the light rail station.

Overall if I had friends/family coming in for an extended time I would have them use the Commons. Good prices, friendly staff (minus check-in rigidity), decent quick breakfast and easy access to the highway and a quick 8 minute walk to the Light Rail station.

Room Tip: 2nd or 3rd floor, due to cleaning crew traffic on first floor. Also ask for a refurbished room, we d...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tcoolhand
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver Tech Center
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center

Been to The Commons Hotel & Suites - Denver Tech Center? Share your experiences!