“Too Much Negativity”

Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Toronto
“Too Much Negativity”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Not the Worlds best Hotel, but hey I got this for around 50 bucks, room and bathroom clean, breakfast more than adequate, foyer area a little dated as were the lifts, carpets etc, but if you want cheap and cheerful it aint that bad, even got a free shuttle the next morning to my conference!!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Reviewed 8 September 2012

I travel frequently and have to say this is the worst place I've ever stayed. AC was broken in the room, seven hours later had us cha nge rooms. The on duty person for September 6 night was angry and vulgar. The morning duty person was indifferent and dismissive after informing her of all the trash outside. This whole staff does not possess ANY hospitality skills, with the only exception being the illegal immigrant breakfast bar cool. I will never stay at another Ramada of any kind as a result of this stay. Building smells too. ZERO star rating.

• Stayed September 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I booked through hotwire for a fun night with my cousin and her kids. We wanted a 3-star hotel with a pool and free breakfast. We got an acceptable rate for a Saturday night in a 3 star hotel, and after looking at the hotel online I was impressed with what I saw. I called to make sure the room was a nonsmoking double room before our check in, but they informed me that the only room they had was a smoking king room. I was not concerned with the king room but I definitely did not want a smoking room with 2 small children. We checked in on the hope that they would switch us if a cancellation arose, and hoping the room would not smell that bad. However it did smell and the smoke alarm was hanging from a wire on the ceiling, which was not safe being in a smoking room. The other list of my issues with this room was that the pool was green, cloudy, and freezing cold in August; the air conditioning would switch from blowing hot air to cold air at the coldest setting; the mini fridge was broken so they put a full size refridgerator in the middle of the room; there were holes and cracks in the furniture; the hot water was luke warm; the fitness room smelled like manuer; and to top it off i received poor customer service when trying to deal with these issues. I am more disappointed with hotwire for listing this room as a 3 star when its not. I am unhappy and did not get what I paid for.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Newton
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We had reservations at this hotel for a 1 bedroom suite that were made almost 8 months in advance. We arrived late in the evening and were told that they had overbooked the hotel and had a contract with someone else for rooms and we would have to go stay at a sister property 2 miles away. We ended up thinking we were staying this Ramada Inn in a 1 bedroom suite but had to stay at a Days Inn in a Non-suite room with 2 double beds with minimal reduction in price. From the brief look we got of the Ramada it looked really nice but unfortunately did not get to experience it. So, be weary as they don't honor reservations.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 25 July 2012

So, let me start off by saying, we never actually got the chance to stay at this hotel, because I called about 6 months in advance to set aside a block of rooms for my wedding, but I found out 3 weeks before that they had booked over our reservation, and were refusing to honor our reservation. The property manager here, I believe it's Erica, clearly couldn't care less, telling me I needed to call group reservations, and that they had told them to cancel our rooms and relocate us. Nice thing is nobody told me! They said they would put "research" team on this situation, and try to make room for us at the hotel, but after experiencing the incompetence with the property manager there, I have absolutely no desire to give them as much business as we would be bringing. So, hope this helps, fair warning, if I was you, I'd pick somewhere else!

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I wish that I could give the Ramada a higher review, but after switching rooms because the first one smelled so strongly of something resembling insecticide and urine, as well as the strange smelly couch shoved into the bedroom (which already contained two queen beds), I just cannot. I called down to the front desk to see if they'd sprayed the rooms for bugs and the disinterested clerk said, well, no, I don't think so. I then went downstairs and requested a room change (with a sniff test first), received keys to the room across the hall, and since it was marginally better, moved myself and three kids and paraphernalia all over there, we settled in.

From the peeling wallpaper, the multiple stains on the carpet, and the bathroom sink which wouldn't drain and then proceeded to start leaking, it was also a disaster. Again, another call to the front desk and was advised to put a trashcan under the sink and to not use it until maintenance could repair the next morning. So, we used the small bar sink to perform ablutions.

After a bad night sleep on an uncomfortable mattress, not to mention a bad breakfast, I called uncle and checked out. Yes, I got a good rate, but one star is all this fleabag motel is receiving from me.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Varese, Italy
Reviewed 13 July 2012

A good choice for those coming to Denver before leaving for a tour of the National Parks of neighboring states, despite near an airport, the rooms are soundproofed and well equipped with comfortable beds and a thorough cleaning.
Large pool which unfortunately was closed due to the late hour of our arrival
The people at reception are very kind and complimentary breakfast is excellent and plentiful.
A great way to start a holiday.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Days Inn Englewood Denver Tech Center
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Denver Tech Center
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Near the Tech Center

Been to Ramada Englewood Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!