“Terrible customer service, mold and rodent droppings in rooms”

Ramada Englewood Hotel & Suites
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Boston, Massachusetts
“Terrible customer service, mold and rodent droppings in rooms”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed in one room which I found mold and rodent droppings in. I switched to another room and there was no fire alarm in the room (thankfully I didn't burn up!) and there was mold in this room. The next room I went to I actually found a DEAD RODENT which I needed to remove myself because the staff were too rude to help me! On my second day, housekeeping didn't come by, so I called to ask for clean towels and other items that I needed. The housekeeper literally came with a bag full of stuff and dropped it on my floor. She didn't say a word to me! Then the manager of housekeeping yelled at me for putting my dog's water bowl on a hand towel. I asked her if bleach is used when washing the linens and she didn't answer (I HOPE bleach is being used!). She then went on another tirade about my dog, so I ended up telling her to get the heck out of my room. After I had moved to another room, she came around and asked if she could help me (knowing that I had already moved everything myself because the hotel wouldn't acknowledge the rodent droppings/mold/etc.). I took photos of the rodent droppings, the dead rodent and mold in all 5 rooms that I was in!

The front desk staff are extremely rude as well as the General Manager, Erika Hom. They act like they have better things to do with their time than provide great customer service. This is far under par for a Ramada and honestly I would strongly discourage people from staying at this property or any owned by Colorado Hospitality (they have about 12 in and around the Denver area - you can find out by calling the front desk of the hotels and asking who they are owned by). These people own the Days Inn in Englewood, the Western Inn Plus in DTC, several other Ramadas in the area as well as others. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank bovey70

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lander, Wyoming
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed three nights, my room was NEVER cleaned despite asking the front desk twice. The coffee pot was broken, the phones didn't work. Even though my room was never cleaned (and I didn't demand a clean room) I was never offered clean towels or shampoo. Then the tub backed up during my shower and gross drain gunk was all over. When I called the front desk the woman said she didn't have anybody available to fix it. Terrible service!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I was concerned about staying here as I read a lot of the bad reviews. I only stayed for one night, so my experience may be the exception. The hotel is about a 15 minute drive to the DTC area on light traffic.
To start, there are a couple of abandoned looking vehicles in the parking lot. However, they were parked to the side. It appears that the entryway and conference area were the recently renovated area. There was an associate at the front desk and I was able to check in immediately. My hotel room was dated, but it was clean and had a nice flat panel TV. The first floor area I stayed in, did not smell like smoke and neither did my room.

I did try the pool, and it was disappointingly cold and had a light green murky look to it.

I slept fairly well. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were ok. Even though the hotel is right by the landing tower and landing strip I could not hear the planes.

They have a complimentary breakfast that was pretty good. It had an omelet station and basic breakfast buffet items.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Auburn, Washington
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This hotel is off the beaten path, but it was worth it. The hotel is next to a regional airport, but you would never know. Our first room was very smoky even though all the rooms are nonsmoking. However, they were able to move us to a new room with no problems. We are in a suite. The room is very nice, the staff was very nice and knowledgeable, the beds were comfortable, and the breakfast was great! We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Look on hotelcoupons.com. Try and get a room on the 5th floor (they have a balcony).