“Nice no frills place to stay.”

Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Orlando, Fl
“Nice no frills place to stay.”
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This hotel had the most comfortable bed we had in a hotel. The indoor pool that is advertised is extremely small so I was not able to exercise in the pool. The hot tub was being repaired at the time of our visit and there is a large window that everyone walking from lobby can watch people in pool, hot tub and workout room. I found this to be a little intimidating. Nice sitting area outside. Restaurant has good breakfast buffet though I thought the $12 was a little high. This hotel sits right on the side of the highway, can be noisy, but walking distance to a train stop to travel downtown Denver. There is a lot of restaurants nearby at the mall.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side of the interstate. Ours was quiet, but our friends were bothere...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank SunseekerOrlando

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
California
Reviewed 10 October 2012

We had a nice stay at the Couryard Marriott Denver South for a few days. The breakfast option was really good and we enjoyed the meals in the morning. During the week, they also have the Wall Street Journal and USA Today available at no additional charge. Our room was a standard room and the bed was very comfortable. The temperature controls were easy to use and worked well. Shower spray worked very good. We had the shuttle service to and from a pre-wedding event and the wedding event. All the rides were very efficient and on time. Staff was friendly and helpful. Good hotel that could use some updates in the room; however, clean and comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank mops1234
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 7 October 2012

I would have sworn that I had already left a TripAdvisor review for my 2011 stay in this hotel, but I can find no trace of it, and so, here it is anew:

I found the hotel to be typical of many mid-scale chain hotels that dot the country. The hotel is located in a business park, not far from a freeway exit, and just across the highway/freeway from a large shopping mall.

I stayed here for about 8 days. The hotel was clean, modern, functional, and comfortable, and well-managed, and my room (first floor) was a good size, and comfortable. BTW, even though my room looked out on the freeway in the distance, I was not at any time bothered by traffic noise from the freeway, although it was detectable at times.

I did find the hotel, in terms of decor, ambiance and staff attitudes, to be more than a bit generic, bland and "vanilla", with a flavor much like that of many other mid-range hotels owned and operated by large chains, but, having said that, the hotel was totally serviceable and more than fit the bill. BTW, it is this stereotyped plain-vanilla quality that usually drives me to avoid staying in chain hotels when I travel, and rather, I usually choose to stay in small privately-run hotels, which are sometimes called "mom-and-pop hotels" in some parts of the country!

While I did eat my breakfast most mornings in the restaurant/dining area just off the lobby, I was a bit disappointed to find that the buffet breakfast price was in the $12-13 range, which is a price that, in my mind, is more to be expected in a hotel in New York City or some other large expensive city. However, on the other hand, I will say that the buffet breakfast offerings were quite good and plentiful.

I noticed to my surprise during my stay that the hotel was almost always full, both on weekdays and weeknights; this amount of traffic for a hotel located in a business park, in an area dotted with plenty of other hotels nearby, was quite surprising to me!

And, in contrast to some other reports from visitors who stayed in this hotel in 2010 and 2011, I can report that there is indeed usable free WiFi service available in the guest rooms; I never had any problems accessing the web with my laptop during my stay here.

There are no restaurants or diners within a quick, easy and safe walking distance of the hotel, unless one wishes to consider making a trek across the light rail Park-n-Ride pedestrian bridge at the RTD County Line Station located not far from the hotel in the business park, BUT the problem that one encounters if one contemplates doing that is the stark fact that as you start to enter the enclosed/covered stairwell/tunnel for the park-n-ride system from either side, you are greeted with very stern signs from the light rail system warning you that the pedestrian bridge is NOT for the use of pedestrians trying to walk to and from the shopping mall, and rather, the pedestrian bridge is ONLY for the use of Park-n-Ride system ticketholders who are using the Park-n-Ride station on the mall side of the highway/train tracks. These signs further warn that if you try re-entering the pedestrian bridge from the other side without a valid current park-n-ride ticket, you will be barred from doing so, and may face trespassing charges. So, the RTD Light Rail system signage seems to try to strongly discourage casual pedestrians (such as persons staying in the hotel) from using the pedestrian bridge to walk over to the mall to reach the restaurants and shops there! Of course, it may well be that these signs have been emplaced solely to reduce or limit the liabilityy of the RTD Light Rail system, but that is not at all clear at this time.

Overall, a good and thoroughly safisfactory, if somewhat vanilla, modern and bland, hotel!

Would I stay in this hotel again if my work drew me again to this area? My answer is a definite yes!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Vinny067
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed here one night on a very good deal from Priceline. The location is very centrally located to the Park Meadows Mall and to I-25. There was construction ongoing during my stay but I didn't hear any construction noise during my stay. A nice amenity was a shuttle service which we used to go to the mall. Breakfast was apparently free for some rates but not on my discounted Priceline rate. Overall, the motel was comfortable and nice but, if I had to pay full price, I would have felt like I had overpaid for the motel.

Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Drjohann
COLORADO SPRINGS
Reviewed 11 August 2012

What other reviews say are true, great location, clean, comfortable beds/pillows, nice place. But, I would not pay full price (I used Priceline name your own price and got 40% off) for this hotel when you have to pay $12 for breakfast at Charley's restaurant vs continental breakfast. I'd rather stay at Best Western Plus or the like!

Pros: if you like to walk, there is a bridge over the freeway to Park Meadows Mall with a lot fine restaurants, golf course across from hotel, area is corporate buildings, rooms are quiet altho I don't know if there are people in those rooms on either side of me. Very nice patio (courtyard).

Cons:

The fitness gym is way crowded (machines butted up next to each other) and the swimming pool is the size of a large bathtub (not good enough for kids), bar fridge in room is too small and no microwave, no continental breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ronniwho
Carbondale, Colorado
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I was in Denver for a tennis function with about 10 people, and we all stayed at this Marriott (and not our first time). We all enjoyed it, had no problems with the multiple reservations, had wonderful breakfasts everyday, and thought it very clean. It was a bit difficult getting on the internet, which might have been my computer's fault. They have a computer in the lobby to use for free. We didn't use the pool or hot tub this time, but on a previous visit, the hot tub seemed to have way too much chlorine. Overall, it was perfect for our needs, very convenient, and we will stay there anytime we go to the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Stayed here as part of a wedding weekend. It's perfectly clean, the wifi worked great, and the staff were very helpful. Our rate included free breakfast, and the breakfast buffet includes everything you'd ever want to eat (eggs, omlet bar, cereal, oatmeal, fruit yogurt, patries, toast, bagels, etc.) so that was great. The hotel has plenty of free parking and is right off the highway (25) and across the street from the mall (didn't go there, but apparently it's nice). The room (a king) was spacious and had a sofa which was nice for downtime. My only complaint is the style, which was pretty outdated. I've stayed at many other Courtyards for business travel in the past, and this one really needs some renovating.The bathroom is functional but devoid of any design--sort of like a hospital room bathroom. And the carpet and other room decor is just rather ugly and out of date. With some sprucing up, this place would get 5 stars from me.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms smell like smoke, despite being non-smoking. Our original room was stinky, but the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area
Hilton Denver Inverness
Hilton Denver Inverness
#3 of 23 in Englewood
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center

Been to Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall? Share your experiences!