“Great Customer Service and weekend rates”

Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Indianapolis, IN
“Great Customer Service and weekend rates”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I was greeted very nice upon check in and was up graded to a queen suite for $89 for Sat n Sun stay....just down the road from Park Meadows Mall, Hwy 25, and Hwy 470 - Inverness Business park
Room was clean, spacious, and AC worked like a champ for 90 degree day...looked like new AC units ...clean furniture in the rooms
Beds were boxy and standard but ok for sleep
For the rate and location, this was a nice stay and very well run hotel
Also, next to the Denver train track that can take you downtown...can walk to it from hotel

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
mldavis27, General Manager at Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for staying wth us and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was clean and in workering order upon your arrival. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
Michelle Davis, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Connecticut
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I'm a big fan of the "Courtyard by Marriott" brand having stayed in several over the years and always having a good experience. True to form, this one in a south Denver suburb was very comfortable and clean. The staff was pleasant, cheerful, and courteous. Great location close to a major mall and many restaurants; easy access (and clearly marked signage) from Interstate 25. I also liked that coming from the airport, I could get there without having to drive through downtown Denver. That said, Denver is a big city and traffic can be intense at times and the interstate crowded. Plan ahead, be patient. Or avoid driving and use the light rail into downtown which is convenient with a station nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms face either east (morning sun) or west (afternoon sun); choose accordingly.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
mldavis27, General Manager at Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! We are glad that you found or location convenient and our staff courteous. We appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to being your choice for lodging in the near future.

Cincinnati
Reviewed 23 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding in Denver along with family and friends, and found the experience enjoyable. The staff was incredibly friendly toward what was admittedly a rowdy wedding party. The worked well with the Bride/Groom and getting the wedding party gifts to the wedding party members at check in. After the wedding/reception, the party continued in the lobby/living area until the 4am hour, and the night staff was SO VERY nice to us even at such late hours. That alone earns a solid 4 Stars.

The room was clean and tidy, nothing was worn out, falling apart of malfunctioning. One minor complaint (and this is for every hotel I have ever stayed in) is that the mini fridge in the room barely kept anything cold. Not even chilled. Just slightly below body temperature (disappointing). The bed was very comfey despite being way to soft for my bad back, but I feel 98% of people would have loved it. The A/C was ice cold (but in Denver in the spring who really needs this?).

The Sunday Brunch was awesome - Omelettes to order, eggs, bacon, potatoes & peppers, cereals, oatmeal - the whole nine yards. The brunch staff also was quite friendly.

I didn't get a chance to use the pool or hot tub, but lots of other hotel guests seemed pleased. There is a WONDERFUL outdoor patio area that is gated so the little kids could run around and not wander off, with plenty of outdoor seating.

Overall I was VERY pleased with the location, staff, and accommodation. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvsior! It is always our pleasure to be a part of special occasions such as weddings! I am sorry to hear that your mini fridge did not keep your items ice cold and will follow up with our maintenaince staff to check all of our units to ensure the temperature is just right. I am glad to hear that your overall experience was great and hope that you will visit South Denver soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times and have always been very happy with the service and attention I've received. This Courtyard is a step above most with an engaging bartender, comfortable lounge, and great breakfasts in the morning. Functional gym and pool are good. Very close to untold numbers of restaurants and shops, if you have time to fill you want be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your loyalty and excellent review! We hope that you will continue to stay with us and enjoy all the things Park Meadows Denver South has to offer.

Ellicott City, MD
Reviewed 7 May 2013

On a recent trip, we needed to be near the town of Castle Rock but also wanted to go see a Rockies game. This hotel was a good compromise, being a 5 minute walk from the light rail (E train) and a 10 minute drive from Castle Rock. The hotel is also a short drive, or within walking distance (via the train station bridge) from the Park Meadows Mall, a large shopping area.

The hotel is going through renovations though they were not noisy at all. We did not eat at the hotel.

My two minor gripes -- no safe in the hotel room, and the towels were a very thin material.

The hotel staff was very friendly. The rates were very good on the weekend.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! We are glad you found our location to be convenient for going downtown and to Castle Rock. We apologize that you found our towels to be less than satisfactory. Marriott has recently released a new guest room towel that is softer, thicker, and superior to our current option. We hope that you have the opportunity to allow us to be your choice for lodging in the very near future.
Colorado
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I have traveled all over the world and this hotel probably takes the cake for the poorest customer service I have ever received. The hotel was mediocre at best, with the TV not working at all and a hissing noise from the refridgerator that was so distracting it was difficult to sleep. The internet service was so poor that I wasted hours of work because the connection kept dropping. They said they knew that and had tried to replace the routers. But the kicker was that when I talked to the front desk person BRYAN about this, he not only did NOT help me but ended up charging me an extra $250 for "finding a cigarette butt in my room and it smelling like smoke." I've never smoked in my life and how offensive is that to be lied to, (or if they did find a cigarette butt, how BAD is their housekeeping??) and then fraudently and almost criminally charge my credit card without my authorization?
Stay away from this hotel, you'll be sorry if you dont.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pocahauntis
mldavis27, General Manager at Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor. As the General Manager, I take all feedback seriously and I apologize for your recent experience at our hotel. I understand how frustrating it can be to have internet connection issues while trying to work and we have recently upgraded our available Bandwidth and added additional access points to help with this concern.

Our standard operating procedures for our housekeeping staff is very specific and they are required to report any and all evidence of smoking to their supervisor, the supervisor then validates the concern and reports it to the front desk. Of course there is always the possiblity of human error and I will review our current checklists to identify opportunities. We pride ourselves on offering the highest level of professional customer service to our guest and we have credited your credit card for the guest room charge and smoking fee.

Warsaw, Indiana
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

We did a Friday - Monday trip at this hotel. The staff was super friendly and helpful and the rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable. The only drawback was the distance from downtown. It was a about 20 minute drive to downtown. Not a huge issue as long as you have a rental car. Overall very good stay at this hotel and I would recommend it to anyone visiting this area. There is a very large mall and Ikea store right across the street.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor. We are glad to hear that you found your accomodation both clean and comfortable. Located in South Denver, we are indeed 20 minutes south of downtown. We are also conveniently located within walking distance or a quick complimentary shuttle ride to the light rail, Denver's subway system, which has a line that goes directly downtown for those guests that want to explore all that Denver has to offer without the hassle of traffic or rental cars. We hope that you will chose to stay with us again.

Michelle Davis, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Hilton Denver Inverness
Hilton Denver Inverness
#3 of 23 in Englewood
Hilton Garden Inn Denver South Park Meadows Area
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center

Been to Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall? Share your experiences!