“Misleading Pictures on the Marriott Website!”

Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Chicago
“Misleading Pictures on the Marriott Website!”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I am a regular Marriott customer and was very disappointed that this Courtyard did not have the typical amenities of a Courtyard. There was no Bistro, no Starbucks, etc. In addition, this hotel has not been updated in many years. Worn, dirty carpeting throuhout the hotel. The picture on the Marriott website indicates that it is the new, updated version of the Courtyard. Had I known it wasn not, I would have booked another hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
mldavis27, General Manager at Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. I apologize that you found the pictures on the Marriott website to be misleading. I believe that you might have been on the generic Courtyard page as all of the pictures on our specific website are indeed of our property. I also apologize that you were disappointed that we were not yet updated with the new Bistro concept. We are begining our renovation soon and will be revealing our new updated lobby March 2014. We hope you will give us another try then.

Michelle Davis, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The service that put me over the top for this hotel was our server, Rosie. She worked breakfast at the Courtyard by Marriott Denver and gave the best service E V E R. She knew from the day before who wanted Iced teas, coffees etc. She was so nice and thorough--you rarely find someone THAT GREAT any more. Please take care of this employee!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! We are glad that you enjoyed the attentive and extraordinary service Rosie provides. She is truly a gem that exemplifies our belief that customer service is always our top priority. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 October 2013

This is my second stay in Denver in less than 2 weeks. My first stay was in the Marriott Family of hotels but I wanted a room with at least a refrigerator since this stay would be for 6 days. I am truly happy with my accommodations. Not only was my room larger and with a refrigerator, a buffet breakfast was included every day as part of the cost of the room. This was an extremely nice offer and feature and I have and plan on using it during my entire stay. I bought tickets for the Denver/Washington football game the day before the game and could not print them out; no cord. The first desk was gracious enough to let me send them the documents and they printed them out for me while I eat my breakfast. This was highly appreciated. Every individual that I encountered that worked for the hotel were truly kind and welcoming. The housekeeping staff was wonderful even though I placed the do not disturb banner on the door. They left a nice message under my door letting me know that if I changed my mind that they were still available. Nice touch. Oh by the way, I also had an accessible balcony area with patio doors.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank pamela h
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor! We are excited that you found your room to be accomodating and our staff to be attentive. We value each and every guest and strive to assist in any way possible. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, for a long or short stay!

Vail, Co
Reviewed 26 October 2013

So, was going to have Lasik a block away from this hotel. What a great experience. I was allowed to check in WAY early. They were very understanding that I didnt want to check in after my Lasik all drugged up. :) I was offered a choice of floors, and that was nice. The hotel is close to a large busy highway, .
I went down for a late dinner. Less than enchanting. while the service was OK, the food wasnt. I had the steak, and it was on the dry side...not a lot of flavor...my desert came right out of the fridge...not a fan of "Cold cake" However they made up for it with breakfast. Much like a Embassy, they have a made to order omelet bar. Fresh fruit...all sorts of cereals..breads..rolls..bacon...eggs...potatoes. They do however charge for it, but it was MUCH better than my dinner the night before. I didn't get a chance to check the hot tub or pool, but they were both in use...people seemed happy. A FUN TIP*** If you are a member of Foursquare, your first check-in gets you a "newbie" special. a FREE item at the lobby store up to $3

Room Tip: I was in 419, and that was the side that didnt face the interstate, so I would say odd number rooms...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank for choosing to stay with us during your Lasik eye surgery and for your feedback. It is wonderful to hear you had a positive experience with our front desk during check in and that you enjoyed our breakfast offerings. I am sorry to hear about your dinner service and I will personally work with kitchen staff to improve the quality of food in the evening. We are glad to hear you took advantage of our four square deal and hope you continue to use social media to uncover additional offerings. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope you stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Denver, CO
Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is how a courtyard should be! Great hotel for business traveler who does not need a full service hotel. I have 3 criteria when staying at an establishment.
1. Cleanliness
2. Bed Comfort
3. Shower/Bathroom Functionality.

This hotel was great in these criteria. The staff is very Marriott professional and knowledgeable and friendly.

You wont enjoy this hotel for sure!

Location maybe of hotel row but its well worth it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
mldavis27, General Manager at Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Thank you for writing a revew on Tripavisor! I am glad that we met all of our expectations when staying at a hotel. We pride ourselves on providing clean and comfortable accomodations for all of our guests. We look forward to the opportunity to serve you again soon!

Chesterfield, Missouri
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Nice room and comfortable bed. Perfect place to stay if you're in the area. Very convenient to Park Meadows Mall and I 25. Staff was wonderfu! Three employees were so helpful when my car had a dead battery. Steve Firstenberg, the assistant general manager, and two other employees were so helpful to jump the battery, plus figuring out how to get in a keyless hybrid car with no power. I was so impressed with their willingness to drop everything to help out. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review us! Providing exemplary guest service is our number one priority and we are glad that our team was able and willing to assist you with your vehicle. We look forward to your next visit!

Michelle DAvis
Epsom, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

One of the best Marriott hotels I've stayed in. The staff were efficient and very helpful and the food very good. I was in Denver on business but the hotel is well placed for the mall, food, airport and the drive out to the Springs if you want. Very pleasantly surprised and will definitely stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that we surpassed your previous stays at other Marriott's. We look forward to serving you the next time business brings you to our area!

Michelle Davis, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
#3 of 23 in Englewood
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,232 reviews
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center
Comfort Suites Denver Tech Center

Been to Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall? Share your experiences!