“Location, location, location!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
Henderson, Nevada
“Location, location, location!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here while visiting Colorado. Location was quiet, easy on/off highway and near most south Denver areas that we wanted to see. Lot of shopping and food close by if you forget to pack all. Room was clean and good sized. Had a small fridge, but didn't find it until the 2nd day, as it was hidden in dresser. Supposedly we had two queens, but they seemed like doubles and were very uncomfortable. I slept one night on the floor as it was actually better. Pool was very small and too much chlorine. We didn't get to use it, but were bombarded with the smell when we entered from the side door to get to our room. They have a restaurant on site, but we did not utilize. No breakfast, no microwave. For what we needed it worked fine, location was great, but it could have been a bit better.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
mldavis27, General Manager at Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on Trip Advisor. I am happy you enjoyed your stay, but apologize we fell short in a couple areas. We are actually in the middle of our process in replacing our mattresses to the pillowtop style. I wish your room would have been done prior as you would have loved the new mattresses. We do have a full service Bistro which serves breakfast and dinner. Although it is not a complimentary breakfast we do have cooked to order items and a great variety, from continental items to full hot plates and breakfast sandwiches. Microwaves are not provided in our rooms, but we do have microwaves available upon request, as well as a microwave in our 24 hour market. I hope these inconveniences will not stop you from giving us another opportuntiy next time you are in the area. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again.

Michelle Davis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Rogers, AR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed one night on a road trip to Montana. The hotel was very attractive. They have a restaurant on sight or several restaurants within minutes. The room was nicely sized and very clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a new area where there is lots of new buildings going up but I liked that it was off the beaten path. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here for one night while moving from CO to MN. Got a really good price on Priceline, so didn't have much to complain about. Check in was smooth. The keg of ice-cold water at the check-in desk was a welcome sight. But I should ask, Where were the cookies?

The room itself was well kept, but the bathroom needed work. The tub drain was broken; it didn't get in our way, so we didn't bother reporting the issue to the front desk. Also, the mini fridge wasn't working (or maybe we didn't know if we had to do something to switch it on); again, it didn't get in our way, so we didn't bother reporting.

The breakfast area and the bar seemed nice. Again, we used neither. I liked the bed, it was quite comfortable. The staff was quite helpful.

We chose this property as it was quite close to the areas we wanted to visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mldavis27, General Manager at Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for using Trip Advisor to let us know about your experience whiole staying with us. I wanted to apologize for the maintenenace issues that you had in your room. I have already made sure my maintenance technician is aware so those items can be looked at and fixed. Please let us know next time and we would be happy to fix it right away. We just renovated our breakfast area and the entire lobby to give off a more open feeling to it. We do fresh baked cookies Monday through Thursday evening. Thank you again for your feedback as we strive for excellence and want to ensure we fix any and all problems presented to us.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

I booked this place thinking it would be great because it is so close to Park Meadows mall. My daughter and I were going on a weekend girls' trip for 2 nights. When we arrived, I noticed that there was a woman who was driving up to the entrance and looked around and then started to drive off but was acting very suspiciously.
When we got inside and checked in, as we walked to our room I noticed a couple getting out of the pool and into the hot tub. They started kissing and making out, even though anyone and everyone could look in and see them. My daughter and I went to put our things in our room and as we walked back to the lobby, this couple were right up against each other in the hot tub and it really looked like they were having sex! It was disgusting and I told the front desk as we were leaving. We didn't return until several hours later so by that time I guess they took it to their room thankfully!
Another thing that happened, was that there were some young men yelling right next door at the Residence Inn by Marriott. They were right outside the side door and I guess they were yelling to some friends inside. So that made 3 things that had happened that made me feel uncomfortable! So I changed our reservation to 1 night only and we moved to the Hyatt Place by Park Meadows the next night and it was SO much better there!
I don't know if we just hit it on the wrong weekend, but I didn't feel safe staying here and was concerned that my car would get broken into after the things that were happening in the parking lot. Otherwise, the hotel was clean, the staff were friendly, the bar area looked nice and the bed was comfortable. I just didn't want to stay another night in a place that made me feel unsafe.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
mldavis27, General Manager at Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to review us on Trip Advisor. Thanks for the feedback and I will check with my staff who may have been here when all of this happened. I do not have a specific date but I will see what I can do to find out more information. Saferty and security of our guests is our number one priority. We do not get these type of situations often, so when they do happen we need to know how to handle it. The situation in the pool is not tolerated here and should have been handled right away if told about it. I do hope that you can give us another opportunity as I will research these issues. I was happy to hear that everything else was satisfactory for the one night that you did stay with us.

Michelle Davis
Greeley, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Great stay, and totally up to my expectations - clean, quiet, friendly staff, easy to find, ample parking, comfortable bed, nicely appointed. Paul Mitchell toiletries were a nice touch. Only downside was that there was a large group of high schoolers staying in the hotel for some competition in the area that weekend and they crowded the pool and hottub area, which is pretty small to begin with. We went down to take a quick soak, and weren't able to. Hotel must be pretty soundproof though, because outside of the pool area, we never heard the teenagers in the hallways, etc.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NoCoTraveller
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

I am fairly loyal to the Marriott brand but generally avoid Fairfield Inns or Courtyards. This time most of my regular hotel choices were not available, so I stayed here. It was actually very nice. It appeared to be newly remodeled throughout. There is a small but adequate bar and a bistro style restaurant on site that did the trick. There are also loads of good restaurants nearby. It was convenient and, despite being close to the freeway, quiet. I am sorry for being a hotel snob. The staff seemed to go out of their way to be helpful. I would stay here anytime and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the freeway and it was quiet.