“Nice but needs an update”

Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Englewood
North Carolina
“Nice but needs an update”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I spent a week at this hotel for the 2013 Solheim Cup golf tournament. The suite space was nice but the furniture is old, scratched and way outdated. It looks like they haven't upgraded the furniture in 10 years or more. The couch was stained......the dressers and end tables were scratched.......the drawers were difficult to open. It seems too bad because the location and suite size was nice. This hotel was one of the travel package hotels for the Solheim Cup tournament and yet they were not able to get the golf tournament on the TV in the lobby. This was just purely WRONG!!!! The front desk staff didn't seem to care that people had traveled long distances and, after a long day walking a brutal golf course, simply wanted to watch the tournament on TV in the lobby in the late afternoon. A total disappointment for a host hotel. I travel a lot with the LPGA and will avoid Marriott hotels in the future because the staff doesn't seem to care about customer service.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
RIParkMeadows, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall, responded to this review, 3 September 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. I do apologize we were not able to accomodate the golf channel in the lobby. Unfortunately that TV is not compatible to get that station. We were able to get the golf channel in all of our rooms and also next door at the bar area. I will take this into consideration if we do host another golf event at the hotel. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Weirsdale, Florida
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have stayed at 9 Residence Inns in 5 different states. We were in Colorado for a memorial service for a family member, so we did not care about the shopping nearby and had reserved a 2 bedroom suite, as we wanted space for family to visit us while we were in town. We requested a low floor pet allowed suite. We arrived at 2:52pm, 8 minutes before check in. We were scheduled to be in room 313, which at least is near the single elevator for the building. Since that room was not quite ready we were switched to room 427, which is 2nd farthest from the elevator. The check-in clerk was doing her best to get us into a suite right away. If I had known the building better I would have waited for 313. This is a 4 story hotel with 30 rooms per floor and only 1 elevator. Also there are only 2 luggage carts available for 120 rooms. Parking lot was being repaved in one area, so vehicle parking spaces were at a premium. As previously reviewed, the breakfast seating area is very small and can get crowded easily. Every staff member we encountered was very friendly and welcoming. Our suite was clean, well furnished. Beds, couch and chair in living area were comfortable, just what you want in an extended stay type hotel. Pros for this hotel: staff, clean well equipped suites, close to highways. Cons for this hotel: single busy elevator, minimal luggage carts, cost

Room Tip: If you have much luggage, ask for a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank retiredjld-fl
Thank you very much for staying with us at the Residence Inn Denver South. I do realize the breakfast area gets crowded at certain times in the morning, especially when we are full as we were during your stay. We have discussed this and on mornings where we can, we do open up the meeting room, I apologize this was not an option while you were staying with us. Thank you for your nice comments regarding this staff as we strive to make sure all of our guests feel well taken care of as we appreciate you choosing our hotel.
Carbondale, CO
Reviewed 23 June 2013

I often stay in the Park Meadows area due to the shopping and proximity to large highways across the metro area. Looking at the map, I thought this RI would be hard to access..NOT SO. A very easy minute or so off the County Line Rd. exit of I-25. It's one of the older RIs, as previously stated, but immaculate, in excellent repair, and the beds are to die for. My one bedroom suite was quiet, and I was on the freeway side. I will say that the air conditioning motor is in a closet in the bedroom and does make a sort of humming "white noise", which I found relaxing and muffled any freeway noise. The large (able to be opened) screen windows are outfitted with both a mesh type of blind that allows sight, but tempers the sunlight, AND a blackout blind for privacy. The suite had its own thermostat so I chose my level of coolness. Two tvs - one in the bedroom/one in the living area, and a full kitchen except no stove. Welcome basket with tea, coffee, and popcorn. Plenty of large, thick towels and Paul Mitchell amenities. Beautiful vanity/closet/makeup area and separate large showerbath/toilet room with plenty of hooks and racks for towels - also a separate bath fan, which many places don't have. Really helpful front desk staff,and sundries (including small microwavemeals/pizzas/ice cream confections/drinks) available in lobby. Parking is plentiful, safe and well lit, and the breakfast room is nicely done as well, with lots of different types of seating. My only so-so comment would be that the morning I was there, there were no egg dishes. Sausage, gravy,biscuits and waffles, plus the usual cereals, breads and fruit. Perhaps it was simply the day I was there, as RI usually has eggs. The other thing I would have substituted for eggs was granola in yogurt. Found the yogurt, but no granola. Compared to the value of my stay, however, that's a small thing. Ground are very nice, and it's right next to a Courtyard that has a restaurant/bar. It is approximately 3 minutes under I-25 to Park Meadows Mall and I could see that there is a large pedestrian overpass that would allow one to walk as well. Didn't use the pool/spa/workout room, but they looked nice and very clean. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are really sensitive to noise, ask for a room at front of hotel, as the back is along I-25...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
RIParkMeadows, General Manager at Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and take your comments very seriously. I'm so sorry there was not eggs while you visited us. We do typically have them every morning and I will make sure this does not happen again. We too love the easy access to the light rail system to access downtown. It has become a staple on this side of town.
Monument, Colorado
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I booked two rooms here. The studio and the 1 BR Queen. They both had one queen and a pullout sofa to sleep on. Both are adequate for 4 people, but too crowded for 5 people, unless you have little people who actually think its fun to sleep on the floor in a hotel room. They are both about the same size. The studio feels bigger because there are no walls separating the place into two rooms. The 1 BR offers more privacy, where you can close the bedroom door. Of course that closes off the bathroom to those in the living room. One other difference: the studio had an oven, stovetop, microwave and a full size fridge. The 1 BR had all of the aforementioned, except a stove. What I like about this place is we can walk over the pedestrian bridge to Park Meadows faster than we can drive over there, park and walk in. The pedestrian bridge is just north of the hotel and goes to the Light Rail system. It also puts you in the parking lot of Nordstroms at Park Meadows. We used the Light Rail system to go Downtown, the 16th Street Mall, & The Downtown Aquarium. You can also get to Elitch Gardens, The Pepsi Center, Broncos Stadium and many other shopping and entertainment areas of Denver. It was much better than fighting the traffic, hunting and paying for a parking place, etc. Plus if some in our group wanted to go back to the hotel earlier than the rest of us, they could just hop on the train and get "home" while the rest of us enjoyed the entertainment and sights of Denver.

Now this is not a 4 or 5 star hotel, so it is not posh. But it is very nice, clean, and a very reasonable rate (<$100/night) for the area and what it offers. The hot breakfast was decent. That is really nice when you have to fight to get your lazy sleepyhead teens up in the morning to eat. My wife and I, with our younger ones (you know the ones who get up at 6:30 am EVERY day) can go eat, let the teens sleep in and then the teens can get up at their leisure and go get breakfast on their own.

Hope this helps some you! Happy Travels!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed 1 May 2013

This Residence Inn has been my home Monday through Thursday for the last six months. They have also been my support and guide to Denver, CO for that period. The facility is within 2 miles from where I have worked and a ten minute walk to the Park Meadows Mall front door where there are most of the stores you would expect to find in any mall. That is surrounded by Costco, Old Navy, Nordstrom Rack, and numerous restaurants, stores, and many other places to provide for your consumer needs.
The Residence Inn has been my first 'residence' as a consultant and if they are all as great as this, the lodging part of the consultant experience would always be covered. Every need was provided for in the room, at the front desk, in the facilities (pool, exercise room, etc.). The personal treatment of the manager and staff was more like family than guest and it showed in the preparation and presentation of the breakfasts, and social events (dinners).
I had a back issue that forced me into an ambulance ride to the closest hospital from the facility. The staff at the front desk and elsewhere in the facility came to my aid and made sure that I was taken care of before and after the EMTs came and took me. I can't say enough good about the folks that run this Residence Inn and if you want an affordable, comfortable, professional, as well as amiable location while you are residing in south Denver, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: if you need an extended stay location, ask for the suite. Middle floors have less need of the heati...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stay at this Residence Inn a lot. Since my last review a couple of years ago, there are a few things to update and a few things unchanged (which is good in this case). The staff is still super friendly and helpful, very welcoming. The hotel itself is still generally in good condition, the beds comfortable and the furniture/rooms in good shape. Breakfast is plentiful! So, for the most part, I highly recommend staying here while on business in the area. The only thing that seems to have declined is the overall job they do vacuuming. I stayed for a week, and the whole time, the hallways needed to be vacuumed. They have dark carpeting and there is a lot of debris on it, on every floor. I noticed in my room too that they don't thoroughly vacuum into the corners and along the furniture. And one day, I found a cleaner's rubber glove left on my bathroom counter - gross! Another day, the trash can was missing from my room. So, while its still a dependable Residence Inn that I will stay at again, if they don't do something about the level of effort put into cleaning, it won't be a nice option for much longer.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Generally speaking, I did not repeat the mostly positive experience that I have come to expect from staying at Residence Inns. This property is 3 or 4 storys with a lot of rooms. They have obviously outgrown their breakfast area and breakfast meal planning. The included breakfast was a real disappointment and the eating area was very crowded. The windows in the one-bedroom space allowed a lot of cold air in and the bed was not comfortable. I would recommend looking around for more comfort and value.

Room Tip: Elevator is very slow so if you like to use the stairs ask for a room closer to the two stairwells.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Englewood
Homewood Suites Denver Tech Center
Hyatt Place Denver-South/Park Meadows
Courtyard Denver South/Park Meadows Mall
TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center
Hilton Denver Inverness
Hilton Denver Inverness
#3 of 23 in Englewood
Hyatt House Denver Tech Center

Been to Residence Inn Denver South/Park Meadows Mall? Share your experiences!