“Extremely helpful staff and a great long term stay hotel!”

TownePlace Suites Denver Tech Center
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Englewood
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 September 2012

EXTREMELY HELPFUL staff! I had a crisis and needed my keys shipped to me while I was out traveling for work. Raul and Brett were the front desk employees that did everything they could to make sure I got my keys. They even tried shipping them same day. I got my keys the next day in a timely manner and it just shows how great their customer service is. I am staying here for 30 days and it is nice to stay with a hotel that is there for the guests.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank CaraGus

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed one night while on business and for the most part we didn't have a bad stay. The location was great as far as dining/shopping options and was very close to I-25.

All the staff we encountered were very nice and helpful. The room was OK but all the furniture was very old and we sctually had to keep ourselves from slidping off the sofa and chair! The bed was confortabe and we slept well.

Having stayed at other Towneplace Suite locations and knowing how noisy they can be, we asked for a room on the top floor and had no problems regarding noise.

I would say this place is OK, but you can get more confort for a better price at many other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: It's a Towneplace Suites - If you don't get a room on the top floor you will hear your upsta...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stay here when visiting family in the area. It's convenient, provides continental breakfast and great price. The downside with this stay is the cleanliness. Our first stay was great, housekeeping was on the ball, the place was relatively new but age is showing through now and housekeeping isn't up to par.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rey_reina
Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have had reservations at this location on three separate occasions, and each time I have been told that they oversold the hotel (using the same excuse each time, wildfires in Colorado Springs that oddly impact occupancy at no other hotels in the Denver area). As a result, I have been "walked" or told I can stay at the Days Inn nearby. I have no desire to stay at a Days Inn, what a joke! When I asked the General Manager about this, he was rude and unhelpful. Way to go Marriott!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Keith R
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The hotel is cheap but you get what you pay for. Neat, but the AC is very loud and bed is small. Otherwise not bad for the price you pay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

A colleague and I stayed a this property for four nights on a business trip, and it was a good hotel in a perfect location. We had a two bedroom suite with a small kitchen and a nice-size living/dining room. We were both able to work at the kitchen table with computers and papers spread out. That was especially nice so we didn't have to be cramped at a desk or on beds.

The free breakfast was fine, no frills, but cereal, yogurt, breads/pastries and coffee/tea/juice. We also took advantage of a large laundry facility.

The location was excellent with many restaurants (fast food, chain and local) very close by, as well as a large, upscale mall, shops and all kinds of places.

The room was a little worn, but it was very clean and comfortable.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RyryE
Reviewed 30 May 2012

We were looking forward to staying at this hotel as it looked very nice from the pictures. The room looked very nice when we first walked it, everything was new and modern. There was a full kitchen and well supplied with everything needed to live there for awhile. The fridge was an apartment size unit as was the stove, very useable. One complaint with the fridge was that it was very load and rattled when it was running. Once we started settling into the room we started noticing little issues. There wasn't really anywhere for the TV, it was pushed up against a wall and was completely unwatchable from the bed, I had to pull the stand away from the wall almost a foot to turn the TV enough that we could see it from the bed, then it was in the walkway making it difficult to sneak around to go to the kitchen or bathroom. The bathroom had not been completely cleaned, don't know if it was started or not? There was a well used bar of soap on the sink ledge, and I'm sure the sink hadn't been cleaned if the used soap wasn't moved. I informed the front desk about the bathroom and the loud fridge, they assured me they would get it fixed up right away. Half an hour later I was told there was nothing they could do about the fridge and the hotel was full so another room was not an option. We went out for dinner returning 2 1/2 hours later and the bathromm still had not been tended to. Sleep quality was so-so, the room was right next to an exit and the fire door was slamming steady for a good part of the night. The breakfast was very basic, only two tables to sit at and very poorly supplied.

This could be a very good hotel, it looks good and has more amenities than others in it's price range. It's biggest downfall is poor layout and a staff that doesn't care which of course means poor management. I litle TLC and the right manager would make a world of differance to this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from the exits and ensure the room has been cleaned.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple